shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of you are satisfied with your diamond size?

-Bella-

Rough_Rock
I'm glad someone revived this thread!

Circe|1326643016|3103400 said:
It also occurs to me to add ... like many, this thread is probably going to suffer from self-selection bias. At present, almost everybody who's posted is satisfied, and most have either started out with a big juicy size, or added on, or both. And the people who are dissatisfied? Are probably keeping vewwy, vewwy quiet, because being called "greedy" is a big no-no in our society.

And I say - sucks to that! When men get greedy, it's called being ambitious, and it benefits them. When women get greedy, we're cast as children begging for sweets, or golddiggers - parasites on men, as opposed to individuals who contribute, to society or to the relationship, and therefore get to choose their own pleasures and rewards.

So, to quote Gordon Gekko - greed is good! Being greedy for books got me a Ph.D.: being greedy for diamonds is getting me a lot of obscure and fascinating knowledge, hella good deals (which measured against our stock investments, are increasing our net worth more than respectably) ... and some pretty rocks. Hard to articulate what, if anything, is wrong with that ....

EXTREMELY well said. I need to show my husband this ;-) My husband thinks buying me a upgrade is a waste and i don't deserve such a thing as he bought me a ring at the beginning that'll have to do. Oh how wrong is he ?!?! :lol: I just found a yummy radiant 2.6 carat K VVS on JA today *sigh* its so sparkly and if i were to get that id be happy for a long time ;-) I may change the setting or trade it in in like 10 years but i could see myself settling down with a stone that size :lol: My original e-ring is 31 diamonds equaling .5o ct. I have days where i like it because of the sparkle and then a lot of the time i don't as it looks in need of love and re dipping (its originally gold but i dipped it to look white gold, as i don't wear YG anymore) maybe one day he'll see the benefits of spending some money on me. ha!

I feel it is wrong of me to want to spend $15k on a little rock ( i was telling hubby about one of the preloved pears that is up for grabs saying what a steal it is and he comes back saying "so what can it sing to you or ilke take you places :lol: men ha ha) but i think id like something beautiful to wear as some people have said they don't wear many jewels whilst at work, when i graduate i won't wear jewellery to work so when i am not working id love a beautiful rock to wear ;-) And we are coming up to 5 years of marriage, one child (AM NOT having anymore), have had our house going on 6 years and we got married when we were 20 so i dare say we have plenty of time to sort out finances later on if i need a new diamond ring now :lol: Or then i think of the wonderful holiday i could on to say the maldives with the money ha ha ha Ugh just thinking out aloud sorry!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results