shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiny Paraiba part 2...

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all, I wanted to share an exciting new stone.

Some of you may remember the tiny neon Paraiba Tourmaline I posted a little while back. I asked for some setting ideas, and setting ideas I got, many thanks! I swore off buying for a while, in an effort to save up for some bench work. Well recently I was forced to go on the prowl for a small Paraiba Cab. to replace one that got damaged during a bezel repair a week or so ago. So I contacted some folks and found out one vendor that I liked, and have dealt with before was going to be at the local gem show that following weekend. He was kind enough to send me some from free passes so I went to the show, visited his both yada yada yada he whipped out this peach pictured below. Now I'm not one for talking up my possessions, it's an unsavory practice. However, I'm smitten, head over heels in love with this stone! :love:

I know I'm in here quite often posting about Paraiba, my apologies, but I had to share this one.

Here's some pictures of it in various lighting with it's smaller counterpart, it weighs .21ct. and I was told it was unearthed in the mid to late 90's in Brazil.

Low light, cloudy day...

dsc_0474.jpg

Shaded, I cupped my hand over the stones for this picture...

paraiba_shaded.jpg

With flash on my porch, I know it skews the appearance of the stone but I think it looks cool...

paraiba.jpg

And lastly the sun poked out, direct sun...

dsc_0533.jpg

Factor in the brilliance this stone possesses (that is completely lost in photos) and it takes my breath away. And once again, I apologize for any perceived vanity.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beauty. Great color on both of them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic stone and great pics.
I could stare at that color all day.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Care to share the vendor?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
they are both soooooo gorgeous. Now, please leave some paribas for the rest of us :D

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1368992828|3450087 said:
they are both soooooo gorgeous. Now, please leave some paribas for the rest of us :D

This!!! It's gorgeous!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Greg you have two beauties there! Truly breathtaking!

Enjoy and I don't think I'd EVER tire of viewing more paraibas! :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You can't possibly share too many paraibas with us, Greg -- it can't be done! Wow, a beauty to add to your other beauty -- a thrill to see your photos, can imagine what a thrill they are IRL -- sigh, wish I didn't have to imagine. Super find, congratulations.

--- Laurie

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is mesmerizing!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! Those are gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1368991702|3450074 said:
Fantastic stone and great pics.
I could stare at that color all day.

Me too. Honestly, the color of these stones blows my mind.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brag away all you want. We all enjoy seeing what you love and yours certainly deserve bragging and more. Lovely lovely Paraiba and certainly deserving of the name.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
It's so cool that you're able to capture the glowy nature of these stones. Keep posting away! :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I just love that color!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you sure these don't have teeny tiny lightbulbs inside them?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1369008142|3450188 said:
Brag away all you want. We all enjoy seeing what you love and yours certainly deserve bragging and more. Lovely lovely Paraiba and certainly deserving of the name.

ikr? You're allowed (nay, encouraged) to talk up your colored stones when they're this awesome...

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Nice to see someone who post some legit material for a change....love the stones!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barrett|1369259638|3452077 said:
Nice to see someone who post some legit material for a change....love the stones!!!!

Greg: you probably know this already, but you just got a compliment from one of the few who is truly knowledgeable on real deal Paraiba! Woo hoo! :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And very particular about what deserves the Paraiba name and what is a Paraiba wannabe. :lol:

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all, now I need to get it set! :wavey:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Don't know how I missed this. Isn't PS for bragging? :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad Greg has this up as his avatar so I can look at it everyday without searching through PS' search function.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1380544551|3529515 said:
I'm glad Greg has this up as his avatar so I can look at it everyday without searching through PS' search function.
;))

I got a quote from my local Jeweler to have it set in a fairly robust w/g ring. The price was high, but more than fair. After thinking about it for a couple of months I've decided against 14k w/g and will be going with 18k yellow gold. I feel the color will really pop in y/g and it will be less likely to sustain damage during setting. However that means I will now need to have a yellow gold chain to match it. Sigh...:bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GregS|1380550775|3529553 said:
After thinking about it for a couple of months I've decided against 14k w/g and will be going with 18k yellow gold. I feel the color will really pop in y/g and it will be less likely to sustain damage during setting. However that means I will now need to have a yellow gold chain to match it. Sigh...:bigsmile:

Yay! More excuse for matching jewellery.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent example(s) of why humans want gems.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful beautiful gemstones. Lucky you.

periwinkle

Rough_Rock
they are so neon and glowy :bigsmile: the colour is fabulous!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just hurry up, will ya?!! :cheeky: You make such nice jewelry that we want to seeeeeeee!

And isn't your GF starting to get a wee bit jealous of your beautiful jewelry?

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1380815169|3531506 said:
Just hurry up, will ya?!! :cheeky: You make such nice jewelry that we want to seeeeeeee!

And isn't your GF starting to get a wee bit jealous of your beautiful jewelry?
No GF at the moment. :cry:

:bigsmile:

The beauty of a fine gem is totally lost on most people. I am sure many of you can relate.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, girlfriends come and go, but gemstones last and last... :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results