shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have A Theme Song?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a song that you can really relate to? One that describes you, or feels like you? What is it? Not a couples song, one that's about you alone.

Mine is "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac. I don't really listen to the lyrics, but the flowing hippy-dippy sound reminds me of me, somehow.

What's your song?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure it's my "theme" song but one that I love and keep close to my heart. Sappy I know. :oops: But I love everything the song embodies.

http://vimeo.com/51914620

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'd say mine is either "American Girl" by Tom Petty or "Soul of a Sailor" by Kenny Chesney. The first is very much me, but I love the sea, and Kenny's song really embraces that for me.

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
Several - Wasted Time by the Eagles, Into the Mystic by Van Morrison, and Son of a Sailor by Jimmy Buffett.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Like a rolling stone", Bob Dylan. I love this song and i always feel moved when i listen to it...

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Right now my theme song is "Going to the Chapel" by the Dixie Cups. It's my ring tone, it's my alarm clock and I just randomly hum it and make up new lyrics.

The song that really speaks to me is "Desperado" by the Eagles. I'd have to say that has been my "forever" theme song forever. I also like "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake but that's just my theme song on good days.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Hotel California", for a million reasons.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
" It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To"

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I don't, but DH does. He feels his own personal anthem is "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble". Smh.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1379946208|3525638 said:

Love that song!

Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica was "my" song for years. It's still a song that if I listen to it, I'd rather be by myself. I'd have to think on a song for me *now*.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Ame & packrat, you're awesome! :lol: (everyone else is too, I just didn't think my fellow PSers had a metal side :)) )

Idk if I'd consider it to be my personal theme song, but definitely Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. I was introduced to them at age 4 by my cousin and that song has always struck a chord (pun intended) with me. It's especially dangerous if it comes on the radio when I'm driving... ;-) I'm safe, don't worry, the speed limit here is 35. OMG going 42 :o :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
wish we had a headbanging emotie to use haha! My brother did a bodybuilding posing routine to Symphony of Destruction years ago. It was awesome.

Poison's Talk Dirty to Me is that way for me, wakingdreams! They came out when I was in 7th grade and still now at almost 39, if it comes on the radio, I will yell "WOOOOOO!!!!" and turn it up and just rock out. My kids think I'm crazy but I can't help it. I'm instantly 12. JD finally put songs on his ipod shuffle and he just laughed b/c practically every other song it was me laughing and clapping OMG OMG I haven't heard this in forever.

Metal and men w/big hair and eyeliner...luuuuurve.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You "Stronger".... I think these last few weeks are aging me in dog years! Bow wow!!! :-o

I think it's jus "Stronger" as the official name but you get the idea....

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
"Aint No Mountain High Enough" by Diana Ross and the Supremes is my theme song. When I was a teenager I played it over and over and over on my record player! Now I am going through a ugly ugly divorce and really I need to youtube this song.

Second song would be "Your Song" by Elton John although it is technically not my theme song but really my favourite song and makes me happy and sad all at once. When I googled the lyrics I was surprised at how some of the lyrics were so different that what I had been singing :shock: LOL

Great question! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then" --- Toby Keith. Having a bad few days - this just about sums it up PERFECTLY for me...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1379980499|3525925 said:
ame|1379946208|3525638 said:

Love that song!

Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica was "my" song for years. It's still a song that if I listen to it, I'd rather be by myself. I'd have to think on a song for me *now*.

wakingdreams53|1379983372|3525966 said:
Ame & packrat, you're awesome! :lol: (everyone else is too, I just didn't think my fellow PSers had a metal side :)) )

Idk if I'd consider it to be my personal theme song, but definitely Welcome to the Jungle by GnR. I was introduced to them at age 4 by my cousin and that song has always struck a chord (pun intended) with me. It's especially dangerous if it comes on the radio when I'm driving... ;-) I'm safe, don't worry, the speed limit here is 35. OMG going 42 :o :lol:

packrat|1379984206|3525980 said:
wish we had a headbanging emotie to use haha! My brother did a bodybuilding posing routine to Symphony of Destruction years ago. It was awesome.

Poison's Talk Dirty to Me is that way for me, wakingdreams! They came out when I was in 7th grade and still now at almost 39, if it comes on the radio, I will yell "WOOOOOO!!!!" and turn it up and just rock out. My kids think I'm crazy but I can't help it. I'm instantly 12. JD finally put songs on his ipod shuffle and he just laughed b/c practically every other song it was me laughing and clapping OMG OMG I haven't heard this in forever.

Metal and men w/big hair and eyeliner...luuuuurve.
Oh I love "hair bands" despite the fact that term is considered derogatory to those musicians. I watch "That Metal Show" a lot, and they just had Dave Mustaine on again, and my husband was like oh man they didn't talk about your song. haha There's a whole "hair bands" channel on Sirius/XM that I listen to all day. My totally losery knowledge of that has won me a few Trivia Nights...They would play like the first 15 seconds of a song and you had to name the band and song. My family was both amazed and ashamed. My aunt and uncle are only 10 years older than me (my mom's youngest brother) and they were one table over from us, and my uncle was like "jeez, Ame, that's embarrassing. I should've known those more than you, and neither of us should admit that!"

I got that song as my theme because I am a bull in a china shop. I could be as "dainty" as I am capable, and try my damndest to be careful but I will still trash everything on site.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The popular group in school started calling me and my group of friends "The Poison Crew", and we're still referred to by that nickname when we talk about reunions and such. Took me to the end of Jr High/start of HS to get more into Metallica and heavier bands. I have a crazy mix of music I listen to know. We need to get satellite radio so I can relive my younger days. Now it's more like I'll listen to Elton John and then be jonesing for some Pantera for a while.

So far so good so what is one of my favorite cd's. I spent for-ev-er back in the cassette tape days doing the stop rewind play over and over to get the long part of Liar down. (start trouble spread pain etc) I was so proud of myself. I don't remember a lot about Countdown to Extinction other than Symphony of Destruction. Rust in Peace was the last one I bought, back in the day.

Dangit now I wanna go break out some music!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1379941645|3525611 said:
Do you have a song that you can really relate to? One that describes you, or feels like you? What is it? Not a couples song, one that's about you alone.

Mine is "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac. I don't really listen to the lyrics, but the flowing hippy-dippy sound reminds me of me, somehow.

What's your song?

"I Will Survive"by Gloria Gaynor became my song after my suicide attempt. It's now my cell ring tone. The kids in my classes loved it when my phone rang during class.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Huh, well since I seem to spend my whole life travelling when I've got no interest in travel at all (I applied for a PR job which turned out to be PR for the travel industry, and I really needed a job, and then my British boyfriend of three months turns round and informs me that actually he's American and is going back to live in America, and he was Mr Right so I married and followed since it took 29 years to find him) - well, given all that, I'd say my song is "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane, Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again".

All I ever wanted was to stay at home with a book and mah cup of tea. Hmph.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Love Shack by the B52's is mine. It has been my song for such a long time. Everytime I hear it I go mad dancing around the place, puts me in such a good mood. One of my favourite memories from my wedding day is when my brother asked the dj to play this, everyone associates this song with me, all of a sudden everyone got up in a circle around me dancing like mad lunatics, love that memory :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green Day; "Good Riddance". ( or "I Hope You Had The Time Of Your life")

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
"Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then" --- Toby Keith. Having a bad few days - this just about sums it up PERFECTLY for me...

Sorry to hear this E! :(

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1380065805|3526672 said:

What's your song?

"I Will Survive"by Gloria Gaynor became my song after my suicide attempt. It's now my cell ring tone. The kids in my classes loved it when my phone rang during class.

Amber, I'm so glad you got past that awful point in your life. I love having you around, and your posts are always so incisive and smart. You will survive, no question. If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

HUGS! Big, giant, hugs!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1380546948|3529533 said:
Amber St. Clare|1380065805|3526672 said:

What's your song?

Amber, I'm so glad you got past that awful point in your life. I love having you around, and your posts are always so incisive and smart. You will survive, no question. If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

HUGS! Big, giant, hugs!

Oh, thank you Ilander! I didn't have pastic surgery on my obvious scars because I wanted a constant remnder that NO MAN was worth that.

This place is always interesting...I don't post a lot for two reasons: I'm a techno dinosaur and can't do a lot of the more technical stuff like photos and 2. The P.I. my husband hired when I had a stalker a couple of years ag told me to be very vague and non-committal when I do post. Which makes for very boring posting!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
umm.... circus music...

It's in my head a LOT when I'm at work and it's crazy. I find myself "doo...doo...doo...ing" aloud sometimes to that damn circus music. ;( :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results