shape
carat
color
clarity

Any purchases from the Richard Wise 50% off sale?

pichu

Rough_Rock

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, whoever it was saved me from myself. Oh, I wanted that 3.00ct sapphire! :devil: But I already have a sapphire and I couldn't justify the purchase. Please let the purchaser be a PriceScoper so we can see how it is set. It will be fantabulous!! :love:

Midsommer

Rough_Rock
Not paid or sent yet - but I have asked for the smallest purple sapphire to be held for me - 0.57 carat with a bit of red.

Can't really explain why, don't really need it and can't *really* afford it - but it spoke to me.........

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When there's a sale going on and stones are listed as a "must buy", you can bet that they will get snapped up quickly. Both stones are deep but when considering that they are untreated, with gorgeous colour and a once in a lifetime sale, the negative is easily accepted in favour of the many positives. I am sure the new owners will be delighted with the sapphires.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I debated about the trilliant cuprian, & if it were another cut, would've bitten the bullet, but I just don't like trilliants or pears. Still very very tempting, though somebody has probably gotten in line ahead of me -- hope it's a PSer. I'd love to see how that looks IRL.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF,
Initially I drew the line at trilliant and pear shapes too but when the right stone calls, it pulls hard, regardless of shape. :bigsmile: Square cushions, followed by rounds, are my top shapes but when the colour is right, shape isn't the deciding factor whether to purchase or not to purchase.

Midsommer

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1380541899|3529495 said:
Both stones are deep but when considering that they are untreated, with gorgeous colour and a once in a lifetime sale, the negative is easily accepted in favour of the many positives. I am sure the new owners will be delighted with the sapphires.

I haven't seen/heard of purple sapphire before - and to know it is a 'natural' colour all the better.

I was going to get a ruby from Richard last year - didn't (funds tight at the time) and have regretted it at length.....it was gorgeous.

JewelFreak|1380544074|3529509 said:
I debated about the trilliant cuprian, & if it were another cut, would've bitten the bullet, but I just don't like trilliants or pears. Still very very tempting, though somebody has probably gotten in line ahead of me -- hope it's a PSer. I'd love to see how that looks IRL.

Amazing colour, hadn't seen that listing but went to look after you mentioned it. Truly unique.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
JF,
Initially I drew the line at trilliant and pear shapes too but when the right stone calls, it pulls hard, regardless of shape. :bigsmile: Square cushions, followed by rounds, are my top shapes but when the colour is right, shape isn't the deciding factor whether to purchase or not to purchase.

I thought all about that, Chrono. Came close, but it must not be the right stone because I was able to go away without pain. It's a beautiful stone (especially at the price), I know that in my head, but it doesn't grab my heart. I gravitate toward cushions & rounds too, but have bought other shapes if the color & saturation are right -- as I know they are with this & can't explain why it doesn't make me want to sing arias. In which case, somebody who sees stars looking at it deserves it more.

Thanks for the push, though! :wavey:

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results