shape
carat
color
clarity

NYE: amazing!! :)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I posted a while ago, asking for help with NYC/NYE plans. We had signed up to a lottery system at one of the 'cheaper' restaurants in Times Square ($700/ticket kinda cheap!) because we wanted to watch it all unfold without the a) no drinking, b) freezing cold, and c) no bathrooms that awaits those who are actually standing IN the square.

We didn't win the lottery. I looked everywhere, desperate for a Plan B. All of the other places I could find within viewing distance of the all-critical ball were booked solid, and had been for months. I really didn't want to just watch fireworks in Central Park, when we already have pretty awesome fireworks in Australia.

I stressed about it a fair bit - our entire trip to NYC was booked on the premise of finally checking TS NYE ball drop off my bucket list. I vividly remember being about 10 years old and watching it on tv with my parents, telling them that one day I'd go there and be in the square when the confetti came raining down. That is exactly what I want to do to usher in my 30th year.

So by gosh, we are making it happen. DH and I have officially booked tickets for the most luxe party we will ever attend. EVER. :$$): http://www.rloungetimessquare.com/newyearseve/index.html

I had to share - I am soooooo incredibly excited! :appl: I'm really interested to see which band is playing this year. I can't find any info about who it was last year, but the year before that it was Bruno Mars.

But...I really need to find a killer dress now!! :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks amazing! What a way to begin your 30th year! I am confused as to why they have the ball drop listed at 10:30 though??

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I think they're trying to say that from 10:30 until midnight they're having the desserts available. I will be eating everything in sight at that point. :))

Note to self: ensure dress is black, for camouflaging my expanding belly!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh Ginger that looks amazing!!! Talk about bringing 30th in in style :appl: Will it be your DH's first time in NYC?

Re. your last post - is said black dress to mask the results of proximity to the desserts or are congratulations in very big letters in order...?

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a really cool plan :D What a fun NYE you'll have! :appl:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like fun! Please be sure to post a review about it next year.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh wow, that sounds AWESOME.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1380383489|3528853 said:
Ooooh Ginger that looks amazing!!! Talk about bringing 30th in in style :appl: Will it be your DH's first time in NYC?

Re. your last post - is said black dress to mask the results of proximity to the desserts or are congratulations in very big letters in order...?

It will be a dessert-and-champagne belly only! We were previously undecided on that front, but have recently found ourselves in the 'wanting, but waiting' category. Partially to make sure we don't change our minds, partially because my head would explode with uni, work, AND a child.

So for now, all I have to worry about is trying to drink my ticket's value in Veuve! :lol:

It will be a first NYC trip for BOTH of us! :appl: Despite big family vacations each year, and managing to hit 48 states (including NY state), I've never been to NYC due to my father's distaste for large cities. I can't wait to see it all! :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1380395788|3528949 said:
Yssie|1380383489|3528853 said:

It will be a dessert-and-champagne belly only! We were previously undecided on that front, but have recently found ourselves in the 'wanting, but waiting' category. Partially to make sure we don't change our minds, partially because my head would explode with uni, work, AND a child.

So for now, all I have to worry about is trying to drink my ticket's value in Veuve! :lol:

It will be a first NYC trip for BOTH of us! :appl: Despite big family vacations each year, and managing to hit 48 states (including NY state), I've never been to NYC due to my father's distaste for large cities. I can't wait to see it all! :bigsmile:

LOL! In that case I'll say congrats on picking the best time of year to visit NYC - I can't think of anywhere in America I'd rather be around Christmas/NY :bigsmile:
And Veuve away!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!'n woohoo

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is SO cool!!!! Congrats I am sure it will be amazing!!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What fun!!! NYC is amazing on NYE. I have very fond memories of freezing in Times Square - this is a fabulous way to experience it all (without turning into a popsicle!).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JG, so cool that you will be living out a dream. Happy for you! NYC is really fun, I shared the experience a few times with my best girl friend a few years ago when I visited her while she and her family were living in NJ. We always had a blast going into the city, and I always found it to be such a friendly town. I'd always heard people were rude and unfriendly, so it was quite a surprise to me the first time I visited that people were so kind and fun and friendly. I hope your experience is as positive as mine have been!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic-you are going to have an amazing experience!

I did NYE in Times Square once but that was in the 90's and we were outside and froze our a**es off. I would never do it that way again lol. It was an experience to be sure and we were in our 20's and my friends wanted to do it so badly so I finally agreed. It was freezing and crowded but very worthwhile experiencing if just once. Now I like watching it inside or sleeping through it haha.

You are going to have the best of both worlds. Seeing it live from the comfort of inside with good food, yummy desserts (my favorite part of any meal!) and drink!!! :appl:

ETA: Monnie, I'm so glad you found NYers to be a friendly bunch of people. We really are (for the most part) and I have to say we always rise to the occasion. I have traveled pretty extensively and I would say NYers can hold their own in the department of warm and welcoming and ready to offer a hand to help no matter the reason.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
missy|1380542437|3529501 said:
Fantastic-you are going to have an amazing experience!

I did NYE in Times Square once but that was in the 90's and we were outside and froze our a**es off. I would never do it that way again lol. It was an experience to be sure and we were in our 20's and my friends wanted to do it so badly so I finally agreed. It was freezing and crowded but very worthwhile experiencing if just once. Now I like watching it inside or sleeping through it haha.

You are going to have the best of both worlds. Seeing it live from the comfort of inside with good food, yummy desserts (my favorite part of any meal!) and drink!!! :appl:

ETA: Monnie, I'm so glad you found NYers to be a friendly bunch of people. We really are (for the most part) and I have to say we always rise to the occasion. I have traveled pretty extensively and I would say NYers can hold their own in the department of warm and welcoming and ready to offer a hand to help no matter the reason.

I'm a wee bit concerned about the cold - I think I've lost my tolerance, you know? I grew up with good old fashioned midwest blizzards, and know that once you reach a certain temperature you can't really feel a difference (minus 20 feels a whole lot like minus 30, lol). But now, after 8 years in the land without four seasons? I start to get "cold" when the thermometer reaches 10 C. Which is still like 50 F!! There is simply no way I could handle 12 hours in the NYC winter weather -- and my poor husband, who has been skiing ONCE, and never experienced anything other than an Australian 'winter' would be dying. :knockout:

Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement. I thought my parents were going to have a cow when I told them we spent $4000 on tickets to a party, but they think it's awesome. :bigsmile: I inherited a bit of money last year, which will be paid out across a few years, so Dad is supportive of not saving/investing it all and having at least a bit of fun. Plus I've been talking about NYE in TS for years - he'll be happy to stop hearing about it! :lol:

I'll be inundating you all with photos in a mere 3 months!!

Eeeekkkk...I have to find a new dress! Has anyone seen anything special lately??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results