shape
carat
color
clarity

Breaking Bad

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes I do, and I can't wait to see what happens tonight!!! Bittersweet though, I wish it could keep going.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1380384876|3528862 said:
Can someone tell me what this show is? I read every posting in this thread including the spoilers and I still don't know. I could look it up on-line, but why should I do that when I could finish it right here where I started the process? I had never heard of the show until I saw this thread.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Hi, Deb!

A little additional background for you. If you scroll down a bit, you can check out the cast and storyline. It's been a cliffhanger, for sure! Almost every episode has left me in shock.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got to last Sundays episode. Geeez I can't wait for tonight! Walt can't get away with it because he is dying...but I hope Jesse gets away. What could a show about Saul possibly cover???? Too bad mike isn't around to be on. Hope Walt gets Todd and gang before he flames out! And Marie and skyler go down; Holly and jr go to some distant relative.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I was shocked at the character that Todd ended up being. Holy crap, what a heartless monster! He seemed so sweet early on, too. Plus, I remember him from being on Friday Night Lights, where he was a sugary-sweet kid, too. I do hope Walt does the right thing in the end, and frees Jesse and gets rid of that awful bunch. I feel like Jesse has been victimized the whole time, being dragged along with Walter's master plot, and has gotten so royally screwed at every turn.

I agree, I can't imagine what a show about Saul would be like. His character on Breaking Bad was so flat, there really isn't even much to speculate about.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1380392601|3528926 said:
Can someone tell me what this show is? I read every posting in this thread including the spoilers and I still don't know. I could look it up on-line, but why should I do that when I could finish it right here where I started the process? I had never heard of the show until I saw this thread.

Deb/AGBF
It's a show about a science teacher who finds out he's got cancer, and in order to build a nest egg for his family for after he's gone, he starts making meth.

That's about all I know.

And besides everyone talking about it nonstop, the only reason I've been paying attention is the fact that it's based in Albuquerque. Pinkman's house is just up the street from the house I grew up in (5 houses away I think?). :mrgreen: I only learned this when my friend posted a pic of the house from the BrBa tour in ABQ.

My husband and I haven't started watching it yet. We wanted to be able to watch the entire thing at once. Now, we can. :tongue:

ETA: Oops, no, just 3 houses. Lol!

I've really enjoyed Albuquerque and environs as the backdrop of the show. I admit that I hadn't really thought about Albuquerque since the Partridge Family sang about it in then 70s! I love the desert sky scenes and was surprised by the fact that apparently one needs a jacket much of the time. Thought it would always be hot there...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we. Go... Who will be left standing????

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Great ending!!!!

melz

Shiny_Rock
Best ending EVER.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
PERFECT!!! went out well--- satisfied what I needed to know. Very well done. Farewell Breaking Bad show and cast :wavey: --- I'll miss you on Sundays'!! ;(

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great ending. I'm satisfied with it, but not the fact that the show is over. I will definitely miss seeing more BB shows (always suspenseful) and the characters.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ending was pretty good. Although I'm still very sad that Hank is dead, and that Flynn and Holly have to grow up without a father.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1380480756|3529310 said:
FrekeChild|1380392601|3528926 said:

Deb/AGBF
It's a show about a science teacher who finds out he's got cancer, and in order to build a nest egg for his family for after he's gone, he starts making meth.

That's about all I know.

And besides everyone talking about it nonstop, the only reason I've been paying attention is the fact that it's based in Albuquerque. Pinkman's house is just up the street from the house I grew up in (5 houses away I think?). :mrgreen: I only learned this when my friend posted a pic of the house from the BrBa tour in ABQ.

My husband and I haven't started watching it yet. We wanted to be able to watch the entire thing at once. Now, we can. :tongue:

ETA: Oops, no, just 3 houses. Lol!

I've really enjoyed Albuquerque and environs as the backdrop of the show. I admit that I hadn't really thought about Albuquerque since the Partridge Family sang about it in then 70s! I love the desert sky scenes and was surprised by the fact that apparently one needs a jacket much of the time. Thought it would always be hot there...
Ah, no. It's over a mile high and at the base of the Sandia/Manzano Mountains - the tail end of the Rockies. It usually snows a little bit in the winter, and hovers around 100 for a few days or a week in the summer. Almost every day in July and August some part of the city gets some monsoon rain action, while March can be hot or cold but is always super windy.

So yes, people who live there experience all 4 seasons, it's just milder than other areas. But not always. 5-6ish years ago there was a huge blizzard with over 12 inches of snow over the city that closed everything down for 3 days while waiting for snowplows to arrive from Colorado, and this summer the monsoon rains were even worse (better?) than usual, and the temperatures were higher in the summer than usual. 2 years ago the winter temperature was around -15 Fahrenheit.

One thing I miss the most is the super low humidity levels!

(I miss it a lot, so watching is going to be hard and good, if you know what I mean!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results