shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you read while sitting on the throne?

Do you read while sitting on the throne?

• Always

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Usually

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Rarely

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Never

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you read while sitting on the throne? (toilet)

If so, what do you read?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I used to as a child, but grew out of it, I guess. I know that many gastroenterologists will tell you that it's a bad habit - anything that keeps you on the toilet for more than 10 minutes or so is a no-no. Even people with great diets, plenty of fiber, etc will end up with hemorrhoids if they let gravity do its thing to their bottoms for too long.

(I genuinely cannot believe I just typed the word 'hemorrhoids' on PS...)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i actually play games on there. i am an addict to Words with friends. so I have a few turns..hehehe

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
There's a reason we call it "The Library" in our house. :wink2:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1380005463|3526155 said:
I used to as a child, but grew out of it, I guess. I know that many gastroenterologists will tell you that it's a bad habit - anything that keeps you on the toilet for more than 10 minutes or so is a no-no. Even people with great diets, plenty of fiber, etc will end up with hemorrhoids if they let gravity do its thing to their bottoms for too long.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I'm not usually in there for long but it's usually a quick "article" in US weekly and that's it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1380022653|3526223 said:
There's a reason we call it "The Library" in our house. :wink2:

:lol: Same here! Either Agatha Christie or Entertainment Weekly :cheeky:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I read everywhere.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This topic is hilarious... :lol:

I take my phone everywhere. I've been known to disappear with my laptop. :oops: :lol:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, seriously. This is one of those topics that just shows internet brings out the TMI mentality. There is a reason there is a lock on the bathroom door. Keep what's going on in there behind that locked door!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC, don't make me post pics. :lol:

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Kenny I love your topics and you keep the hangout area interesting. I'm a in and out sort of person. I don't understand what can take so long and why anyone would want to spend time in the toilet

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1380047738|3526434 said:
Kenny ...We all know that you are full of S**T :!: .. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just cause your sitting doesn't mean you're sh!tting.
There's no harm in sitting after you've completed your business if you are absorbed in what you're reading.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CrazyBirdLady|1380079732|3526794 said:
Kenny I love your topics and you keep the hangout area interesting. I'm a in and out sort of person. I don't understand what can take so long and why anyone would want to spend time in the toilet

Well, so far 67% of voters do it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1380080940|3526812 said:
kenny|1380047738|3526434 said:
Kenny ...We all know that you are full of S**T :!: .. :lol:

Well, not completely full but pretty close. :knockout:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1380086330|3526847 said:

Just cause your sitting doesn't mean you're sh!tting.
There's no harm in sitting after you've completed your business if you are absorbed in what you're reading.

Apparently there is, according to gastroenterologists. The blood flow is still increased to that area, due to the task just completed and the position you remain in, and it results in a higher incidence of blood vessel damage, thus hemorrhoids. Don't shoot the messenger. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Sh!t?

:lol:

Learn something new every day on Pricescope. :wacko:

Well I better remove all my literature from my oval office.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
To take it even further, there is some speculation (and genuine research) that the very BEST thing to do is poo while squatting. Apparently it's faster and easier because it puts your body in such a position that there is minimal resistance, and thus damage...

...but I don't plan on taking that up anytime soon. :lol:

If you wanna read, Kenny - go on and read. Just maybe no War and Peace. :read:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also heard that ... and you thought I didn't know squat! :wink2:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Squat toilets are common in Asian countries. So, just be mindful when traveling in Asia that u may have to use one, instead of the ones we know and use- the sit toilet, I guess.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
gregchang35|1380108342|3526934 said:
Squat toilets are common in Asian countries. So, just be mindful when traveling in Asia that u may have to use one, instead of the ones we know and use- the sit toilet, I guess.

Oh yeah, I still remember my first squat toilet experience... :lol:

Make sure you bring TP of your own too, unless you're keen to clean up the native way.

I've been told the truly most challenging squat toilet experience in the world is on a cross county Chinese train. Continual motion, in a room too big to have a wall to balance yourself with, and the 'toilet' is a hole in the floor. :errrr:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm constantly multi-tasking. :read: I'll admit that my iPhone changed the way I poop.

And, my first experience using a squatting "toilet" was interesting. I'm convinced that I'd have thighs and buns of steel if I lived somewhere where that was normal.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
justginger|1380108939|3526940 said:
gregchang35|1380108342|3526934 said:

Oh yeah, I still remember my first squat toilet experience... :lol:

Make sure you bring TP of your own too, unless you're keen to clean up the native way.

I've been told the truly most challenging squat toilet experience in the world is on a cross county Chinese train. Continual motion, in a room too big to have a wall to balance yourself with, and the 'toilet' is a hole in the floor. :errrr:

My dad's boss can attest to this. He caught a bad case of Genghis Khan's revenge on a business trip to China about 20 years ago and had to make a train trip. He said it was the most miserable he's ever been in his entire life. When he came back he told his boss he's either quit or retire, but he was never going to China again.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a germaphobe. The thought of feces particles in the air getting on my phone or iPad is gross!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Never. I spend very little time in the bathroom. Get business done fast and leave ;-)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't everyone?

No?

That's weird. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results