clarity

How color sensitive are you?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your score: 0
Age range: 20-29
Best score for your gender and age range: 0

I do see tint but I don't mind it - so sensitive but tolerant, I suppose.
ETA: I don't mind tint by itself but I avoid putting different colours - or differences in "apparent" colour due to differences in size/performance - right next to each other. Which means I just will never ever own a halo with full cuts!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1379555287|3523289 said:
holy Crayola!
I did this some years back and didn't do well at all!!!
tonight?!

Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.
•Your score: 0
•Best score for your gender and age range: 0
•Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

I'll have what she's drinking! :wink2:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I sign up to be a diamond or colored stone grader now?

screen_shot_2013-09-18_at_8.png

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I scored a 7. My laptop monitor sucks or I would have scored a 0. :bigsmile:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I scored a 4. Apparently I have trouble distinguishing turquoisey colors. Probably because it's my favorite so my brain just goes "wheeeee!" when looking at bluey-greeny stuff.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1379573775|3523400 said:
I scored a 4. Apparently I have trouble distinguishing turquoisey colors. Probably because it's my favorite so my brain just goes "wheeeee!" when looking at bluey-greeny stuff.

This! Except my score was a 15. The colours I missed out on were my favorite colours. I just wanted them all! I didn't expect perfection. I think a 15 is still a good score.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I just took it again to see if fresh (morning) eyes could get a better score. Same score, 4, but my trouble area shifted a bit.

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
perfect score. helped to kind of let my vision blur and see the colors blend together correctly rather than individual squares. therefore I interpret this to mean that a few drinks may actually improve some scores!! :naughty:

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
an 8 - my trouble areas were mid green and mid blue!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your score: 118
Age range: 30-39
Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

So when i first opened the test and took a look, i honestly felt like crying, because i realized that i couldn't put ANYTHING in the right order. After i looked at it for a while it started getting better...Of course, trying to take this test in total darkness with just the computer light, isn't the easiest thing. But i believe that even if i take the test again tommorow morning, with rested eyes and natural light,still my score will be bad...better but still bad :???: :cry:

On another note...My ER has an E color diamond and i can easily see color from G grade and down.

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
Your score: 4
Age range: 60-69

Not too bad - I'm not sure where my weakness is.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm amazed that you all had the patience for this! I got through the first two rows and gave up! :lol: :lol: I'm guessing I'm probably not very color sensitive. ;-)

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your score: 130
Age range: 20-29
Highest score for your gender and age range: 198857

Apparently I'm blind! However, I already knew this - I have a hard time differentiating between colors in general. I wanted to see how low I would score. I have an N stone that looks perfectly white to me!! :lol:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1379539624|3523125 said:
Dreamer_D|1379536894|3523100 said:
Niel|1379534369|3523067 said:
I took that test before when it was over in colored stones. I got a 2

This is what I'll say about "color sensitivity " and diamonds. I feel like its a blanket statement that doesn't really mean what some use it for. "Color tolerance " seems more accurate a statement. Can you tolerate g and above? Can you not tolerate stone that are icy white? Do you like stones that are creamy?

I think of sensitivity as being able to see it, (like the point of this post) but tolerance is if you like it or not.

Not exactly what you posted dreamer but that's my rant :lol:

By your definition, I was in fact asking about sensitivity, which is how I use the term anyways.

Yes I agree your post is about sensitivity I was saying I feel like a lot of people use the term over in rocky talky in a misleading way. Again not saying that here, I was just commenting on the use of the term. Your right. I do think this post is sensitivity. Just you were talking about diamonds too, so I was just saying.... :))

Yes! You are right that people often equate SEEING with LIKING or another evaluation!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the record, I also scored a zero, which fits my own experience with diamonds. I have found myself quite sensitive over the years. I like warmth sometimes and other times not so much. I am also sensitive to the particular color of the tint. Not a fan of grey -- can look like dishwater -- but love brown and yellows :love:

Yssie|1379560074|3523360 said:
ETA: I don't mind tint by itself but I avoid putting different colours - or differences in "apparent" colour due to differences in size/performance - right next to each other. Which means I just will never ever own a halo with full cuts!

I also don't really like this.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got 25.

I couldn't see the difference between GIA I and GIA J when buying my studs. I could see the difference between H and J but J stones on their own looked white to me face up. So I got J even though I can see the tint from the side. Not sure I'd like the tint of J in a large solitaire.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I scored a 16 and might have scored a little lower (but not much) if I'd been more patient or less tired. My biggest issue was blues and green even though blue is my favorite color. My center stone is an I and I don't think I'm color sensitive until the color grade gets lower or the diamond gets a lot bigger.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I scored a 3 - with my weak areas in the blue/green range (40-49 age range)

E B

Ideal_Rock
3- and not at all surprised!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1379554662|3523280 said:
Apparently I have very low color acuity.
I prefer warm diamonds, and can't really see the warmth I like until the L-M-N-O range, wonder if this is why.

Your score: 146
Age range: 30-39

Haven - you're here! :appl: I've missed seeing you around.

CathB

Rough_Rock
So, does this explain why I loooove warm coloured diamonds? Or is it just time for another eye check :D

Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.
•Your score: 97
•Age range: 30-39
•Best score for your gender and age range: 0
•Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

:wavey:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I scored 11 and my FI scored 0. My weak spots were in the green-blue range and it actually explains some things! :D
But in real life (and especially diamond purchases) what counts is color tolerance. He is sooooo much less color tolerant than I am...

A real life example: I own pretty much two different models of socks, ankle socks and the regular ones and they range all the colors of the rainbow. When I find two socks of the same model I'll wear them and I don't care if one is orange and the other is blue! :mrgreen: This bugs him so much even when I'm wearing shoes and he doesn't see them! :???: :roll: :lol:

...sometimes I do that on purpose. ;-)

Shando

Rough_Rock
I scored 0. Not surprised because I am very color sensitive. 87EF2342-0965-4E5F-982A-2893F85C1E65.png

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was an old bump!

Super-proud -- best I've ever done on an online test.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 10.29.22 PM.png

Pretty broad range for my gender and age -- relieved I was not 2 x10^9 but would have been nice, I guess, to be minus one million, too.

Despite the zero, I am quite insensitive to diamond colors. I am very sensitive to blue sapphire colors -- or so I have been told by more than one vendor. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My score is zero. It was super easy for me and took me less than 60 seconds to do the test. I am very color sensitive and tend to be color tolerant but it does depend

Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 6.50.48 AM.png

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I am not surprised, can differentiate my D & E diamonds very effortlessly =)2 E649667A-2827-45AE-B86E-F6B927C71477.png

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since when is normal/correct colour vision considered "colour sensitivity"?
It is not a sensitivity, it's normality!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results