shape
carat
color
clarity

NEW SPESS RING!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I was silly to have doubts about this stone. She looks AWESOME (IMO anyway) in her new home.

I originally went into my local jeweler thinking I'd order a Stuller setting in 18kt yellow gold like I did for my Mali. The prices he gave me for the ones I liked were almost twice as much as I'd paid for the last one I ordered, due to being heavier. I left without ordering and returned the next day to order a bezel in either sterling silver or maybe 10kt white gold since rhodium leaves it looking the same as a purer mix anyway, and I'd played with the stone and some yellow gold and decided it didn't look quite right. Turned out the bezel I wanted wouldn't work thanks to my stone's depth. Boo. I ordered another setting in 10kt white just to get the stone on my finger.

THEN, I went to Tampa International Mall on Friday and happened into a shop there called King Jewelers. I saw they did custom work and I had the stone in my purse, so I thought I'd ask. They drew up a quick sketch and quoted me $400 for the bezel I wanted in 14k white gold. The price sounded great and the sketch was exactly what I wanted. The best part? It was ready for pickup in less than a week- even before the stock setting I ordered came in. Woohoo! I haven't gotten a chance to post about it until now, but here she is!

Gemfix mandarin spessartite in King Jewelers custom bezel. I named her Soleil. She reminds me of so many fun things, depending on what light she's in: a Florida orange, a bright orange sun about to set over the gulf (another Florida thing), Halloween and jack o' lanterns, fall leaves and pumpkins. I just love her!!! Thanks for looking:)

Pics coming slowly...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This is the worst picture, but I put it first because it's the only one that comes close to showing the color and brightness I see IRL.

photo-63.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
At work. Not great lighting but shows the setting nicely.

photo-62.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
With my wedding band just for fun.

_10170.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
outside

photo-60.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
On the steering wheel. Don't worry, I wasn't driving:)

_10171.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
In the mall right after I picked her up.

_10172.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Another on the steering wheel.

_10173.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Profile. I love the modern chunkiness. It's so different from everything else I have.

photo-56.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
In the kitchen.

photo-55.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Another. Maybe this is why they called it "flaming hot orange." Wish I could get better pictures of it!!

_10174.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Outside in the shade showing brown- which is a-ok with me as I originally wanted something festive for fall.

photo-53.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Outside wall.

_10175.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I guess that's it for now. I probably took too many anyway!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - I absolutely LOVE the setting. I love your Mali as well, I don't think I posted in that thread for some reason but I really enjoyed the pics. I really want to get a similar Mali someday - it's just another gem on the wish list, lol.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I was really nervous as to what it would end up looking like, and I was SO relieved as soon as I saw it. After the Stuller one not working out I figured I'd eventually have one made on Etsy, but I really wasn't looking forward to parting with the stone for weeks or possibly months until it got done. I'm absolutely elated to have found a somewhat local jeweler who works quickly and is reasonable priced!!!

Thanks for the compliment on the Mali too. Both stones were purchased from gemfix. They always seem to have what I'm looking for.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHat a HAPPY ring!! It makes me smile and feel up beat just to look at it!! Very bright and love the flaming hot look of some of those pics in the sun! I think you'll enjoy this ring a lot --- especially if it brings to mind all those wonderful images for you!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I knew the Mali was from Gemfix (I'd been stalking that page for months and months, lol. I almost bought one of the yellow Malis on that page but ended up getting one elsewhere). I think Andrew's cutting looks amazing from what I've seen online...I'd love to see it in person eventually. Your Gemfix gems are just lovely!!

Congrats on finding your local jeweler, that's so great!! I need one of those too, lol. The setting came out so nicely IMO, I adore bezels and "simpler" designs. I know so many people around here prefer the bling, with diamonds, halos, etc - but this setting is right up my alley. I really like your taste in jewelry and gems :)

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Wow Kelli,

What a beautiful ring. That's a perfect orange spess and awesome bezel setting - King's does very nice work. Wish I had a place like that near me! Congrats on Soleil! :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a cheery ring! It does look like hot tropical sun. Amazing about the setting -- what a great deal! I also like it a lot w/your wedding band.

--- Laurie

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love the color of your spess! Such a rich orange, really like the bezel! Perfect autumn ring. This is the next stone I'm going to buy.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love it. The setting is perfect for it, and the price is amazing.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
hours ago I wrote a reply and thought I hit "submit".....must not have as that post is not here!
the short version: its a great ring and its gorgeous on you!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! It really is a happy, happy stone and happy, happy ring! I love my other rings too but I think this one really seals my love for colored stones over diamonds. I'm officially a convert! :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the record I am in LOVE with your ring!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask the mm size on your spess and your hand size? :love:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!! The spess is 8.6mm and my ring size is 5.5.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results