shape
carat
color
clarity

Maple's Reset - Ladies Advice Needed

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

No progress yet - I am still waiting to hear back from BGD that they've finished the new band to ship in my current ring. I'm really not in a rush or feeling anxious like previously because I have my diamond and current engagement ring to keep me company. :))

As for other details... I will be sending in the check to book our wedding venue on Monday!!! I have been going back and forth... back and forth between a Saturday 6pm or Sunday 6pm wedding.

In the end... I have decided on a Saturday venue despite the extra cost over a Sunday wedding. Also the idea of getting married on 11/1 and the day after Halloween sounds really appealing. :bigsmile: FH and I have a tradition of always taking halloween and the day after off and spending the day together having some beverages and passing out candy to the little kids (and carving pumpkins of course). Now it will be more of a reason and at the same time... spend our anniversary together every year! I still haven't decided on the guest list count but I think I might end up inviting about 100 guests and planning 70 or so to show up due to travel and destination reasons for many.

Also talk about being super kind - my employer asked if I wanted an advance on my paycheck so I could secure the deposit for my wedding venue. :-o They were so sweet about knowing how important it was for me. Now if they only felt the same about a raise so I could help cover the additional costs of a Saturday venue. Haha. :bigsmile:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Ring is finally in the final stages of completion and I sent in my knife edge. Hoping I get it back in a week reset!!! AHHH FINALLY. :appl:

Also out of curiosity - one thing I noticed over the six prong versus four prong is that I felt my diamond had more sparkle and fire in the four prong. Anyone else feel this way who has gone from a four prong to a six prong?

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
I haven't switched but on posts about pros/cons with 4 and 6 prong people point out more light comes in with the 4 prong, so maybe that's what you're noticing?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I really like your new setting and I'm glad you're happy with it! I think that it does set your stone off more and it is quite elegant!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

My new 2.9mm to 2.2mm Brian Gavin tiffany ring is here!! And I'm much happier with the new thicker width. Personal preference I guess. The 2mm setting might have made the diamond seem bigger but I just tend to like thicker bands so I realized.

I hope to pair my engagement ring with either the 3mm Channel Set Tiffany wedding band or a 5 stone band with .2 carat diamonds for each stone.

ring_in_box.jpg

_8704.jpg

ring_8.png

ring_9.png

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Oh Maple, it's lovely. I think it's often a challenge to know what we love, but I'm so glad you figured it out and have the ring you want. It looks awesome on you.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great on you! I'm glad you went with your heart and asked BGD to redo it. Congrats!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful, Maple!! Just lovely - very feminine and I like the 6 prongs- it doesn't look any less bright when I view your pictures.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! I don't think it takes away from the center stone and it still looks very substantial. Now onto the wedding band!! ::)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I didn't know BGD made such a pretty tiffany replica! :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! I like the thicker band on you - good for you for getting exactly what you wanted! Just beautiful!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies!!!!

I love my new ring! I can't stop starring at it!!! Especially under those darn hallway lights in getting to my office. I find myself taking extra trips to get coffee just so i can see my ring under the special lightning... i'm in love with my ring all over again like when I first got engaged!

While I was beyond estatic and so very happy when I got engaged I was not 100% set on the setting from the second I laid eyes on it. I felt so guilty about this too cause I know SO just wanted me to be happy :(( but it bugged me and made me a bit sad when I showed my ring off. I am very glad I pushed myself to make the setting change earlier and that I'm 100% happy now. :bigsmile:

And thank you ALL for being a part of this journey with me and listening to me whine and whine.. and being nit-picky. It paid off! :appl:

Now onto wedding bands. :bigsmile:

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
The thicker band looks gorgeous on you, yummy!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Jumpin_Jacks|1376540787|3503513 said:
The thicker band looks gorgeous on you, yummy!

Thanks lady!!!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results