shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me your Wedding Sets - A 2013 Edition!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
One of the things I wished I had done (in retrospect) when hubby and I came to PS looking for engagement ring advice is I wish I had really gone through and looked at wedding sets in advance. A lot of emphasis is on choosing the ering (without thinking about wedding bands) and then it seems people often have to back track when it comes to something for the wedding ring or, like me, end up with an ering that doesn't end up going well with the wedding band we chose and ending up doing a lot of "mopping up".

So since it's been a couple of years since a SMT Wedding Set thread has been done, I am hoping people will help me start a new edition.

Looking through some of the old threads did help me out a lot in the aftermath, in terms of seeing how nice something could look once paired with a band, and seeing bands and rings together really is a great reference for where a person can go with their set. I know there's been lots of rings and resets and bands in the last couple of years so go on let's collect them in one spot again! So post 'em! Matchy, non-matchy, large and dainty, simple or ornate!

Here's some links to a couple of older threads so you can bask in those sparkles too!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-wedding-sets.160337/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-wedding-sets.160337/page-4[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-wedding-ring-sets.24091/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-wedding-ring-sets.24091/page-4[/URL]

Here's mine. Pretty clearly I'm a non-matcher.....Plain shank haloed OEC with carved band and bead set eternity:

eternset1.jpg

channeloec.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I switch things up, but have a few looks I repeat often. Stacked with a vintage platinum band and 1922 diamond/platinum eternity, stacked with a single cut platinum/diamond eternity and my platinum Tiffany frenchies, or with the 1922 eternity and the frenchies.

_9916.jpg

_9917.jpg

_9918.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say that the two sets above are two of my favorites on PS!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: (Bastecat and IE Princess)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heres mind 8)

uploadfromtaptalk1379023673838.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1371063493250.jpg

and my WHOLE wedding set (FIs too)

uploadfromtaptalk1379075157435.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just should post a pic of a bare hand since I almost never wear my rings....

The one is taken in front of a cinder cone at 9,000 feet on Mauna Kea summit on Hawaii. The other two are random shots.

_9923.jpg

_9924.jpg

_9925.jpg

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Niel, I love your set. SO elegant! :))

Here's mine :))

Fire shot :D

img_20130913_093755.jpg

img_20130225_142445.jpg

img_20130329_153402.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's mine....the engraved band is rose gold, the diamond band is platinum....hope no one minds if I add one of my oval. :bigsmile: I wear it as a stand alone on my right hand, as I don't think it needs a band paired with it....

three_stone_set.jpg

_9926.jpg

oval_ring_colors.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank y'all for helping me start a new edition! And thank you for the extreme complement DS!

IE- I get all google eyed when I see Aurora... :love:

Niel- I'm so glad you posted yours. I don't like to post people's pics without asking, and your set is so classy. I love his ring too. Have you added it to the man bling thread? I'd love to see a side shot of it.

Ame- you have such a classic set. Just throw caution to the wind, be in the moment and wear that pretty set! :love: It's sets like this that I looked at that made me appreciate how nice solitaires can be.

ruby- I am jealous of your 5 stone...I am. I want one.... :halo: :Up_to_something:

Yenny- SO fabulously gorgeous! You can post your oval ALL OVER!!!! :love:

SB posted these links in another thread and though they aren't titled "wedding set" threads, they kind of turned out that way so I think make for good reference for anyone trying to decide how a set might come together for them.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-wear-more-than-one-wedding-band-with-your-e-ring.183729/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-wear-more-than-one-wedding-band-with-your-e-ring.183729/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-wedding-band-do-you-wear-with-your-hw-inspired-halo.167089/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-wedding-band-do-you-wear-with-your-hw-inspired-halo.167089/[/URL]

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bcat I just posted a thead about it this morning. Should be on the main page of SMTB still. ::)

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here is my set- there's a rose gold spacer hidden in btwn my rings.

I also wear this other combination fairly frequently- two eternity rings stacked. This picture isn't the best b/c the rings weren't the focus, but you get the idea...

wedding_set.jpeg

eternity.jpeg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1379093196|3520184 said:
Here is my set- there's a rose gold spacer hidden in btwn my rings.

I also wear this other combination fairly frequently- two eternity rings stacked. This picture isn't the best b/c the rings weren't the focus, but you get the idea...

I don't think I'd seen your set before! Beautiful!!!

Niel- Just saw it!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1379077137|3520008 said:
Just wanted to say that the two sets above are two of my favorites on PS!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: (Bastecat and IE Princess)

Agreed!! Gorgeous sets, ladies!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone has such uniquely beautiful sets - keep them coming!!! I can't get enough of all the eye candy!! :love: Sometimes I think I need to limit my time on PS because it makes me want one of each style!!! :naughty: :bigsmile: ;))

Here is my set... (sorry for the phone pics, but it's always with me -- maybe I should be toting the Canon?? :lol: ) :bigsmile:
img_2107.jpg pharmacy.jpg au_footballbling.jpg pastels_driving.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Terrible Iphone pic - just took it in my office!! And one from a video I took...

It has a cheapy ebay rose gold band in the middle!

_123.jpeg

_9937.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My main set that I wear :razz:

_9939.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
SB621|1379104830|3520313 said:

Your diamond is so big you can't see the wedding band!! DROOL!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog|1379105535|3520324 said:
SB621|1379104830|3520313 said:

Your diamond is so big you can't see the wedding band!! DROOL!!

Yes- I have to clean up the drool every time I see SB's ring. :twirl: And I love the contrast of the rose gold in your set!

MSOP- I finally remembered when I first saw your lovely set, right after you got married and your hubby thought your sapphire band was OTT. Of course, we say NO WAY here! :naughty:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Riley said I could post LulaMae in here as well, so here she is also. A wonderful YG and OEC combo. I had to include a shot of the one with her new pinky ring, because I thought it looked DELICIOUS with the other rings. (We're on our way to starting a pinky ring fan club!) :love:

rileys2.jpg

rileys.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine! I most often wear the solitaire paired w the VC band and the plain band between them.

image-1078516712.jpg

image-947117290.jpg

image-3082825016.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
ksmom|1379115233|3520414 said:
Here's mine! I most often wear the solitaire paired w the VC band and the plain band between them.

MMMM MMMM- weak in the knees pretty!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I certainly see trends in this thread! Chunky faceting and three ring combos.

Here is my set. Simple and versatile.

georgeband11_018.jpg

georgeband5_007.jpg

georgeband7_003.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I don't think I've ever posted my wedding sets...I'm not currently married (no worries it was a very amicable divorce), so I wear the first one as the right hand ring. The other stones have since become other projects.

My 10th anniversary set was a 3 ct Demantoid garnet E-ring with a curved shared prong baugette diamond band. Both platinum....
img_5773.jpg

My 5th anniversary set was a 1.03 ct oval in a 14k wg cathedral setting paired with a two toned Art Carved band (18k yellow gold and platinum)
81219410_45b0a2b869_o.jpg

My original e-ring was a 1.5 ct sapphire with 1/4 ct trilliants in platinum with an engraved platinum band that belonged to my grandma.
sapphire_handshot2.jpg

As you can see NONE of my sets matched!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in love with all these sets. The great thing about PS is that you get to experience rings you will never have a chance to own yourself and I so enjoy getting to "play" with all the gorgeous jewelry that PSers own. :love:

Here are the 2 bands I wear my ER with though never at the same time. I am a one band at a time girl. At least for now. Another thing PS has taught me is that it's OK to change one's preferences over time.

First 2 pics are of my swiss cut (sort of like single cut) diamond platinum band and last 2 are of my antique no diamond platinum band. I love profile shots so I included a profile shot of each band.

_9944.jpg

_124.jpeg

oecwithantiqueplatband.jpeg

_9945.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
ooooo- I'm MMMELTINNG! :appl: :appl: :appl:

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
ksmom - I am SO GLAD you posted this here again! I loved your stack when I saw it many months ago in a previous thread but didn't think to make a note of it. I've searched PS many times hoping to find it and here it is. Thanks! I love the understated look you've captured.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is relatively simple yet classic at the moment:

img_3357_-_version_0.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
emmmme said:
ksmom - I am SO GLAD you posted this here again! I loved your stack when I saw it many months ago in a previous thread but didn't think to make a note of it. I've searched PS many times hoping to find it and here it is. Thanks! I love the understated look you've captured.

I'm most flattered emmme, thank you! Do you have some closer pics to share of your own ring in your avatar? Please post! You know how much we love our eye candy ;-)

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
ksmom|1379139588|3520604 said:
I'm most flattered emmme, thank you! Do you have some closer pics to share of your own ring in your avatar? Please post! You know how much we love our eye candy ;-)

The ring in my avatar is my original ering -- it's actually a trompe l'oeil! It's a platinum cast of a 1.5ish ct asscher cut solitaire. In any case, it ended up being underwhelming as an ering and I regretted picking it.

Just so this isn't a complete threadjack (I'm sorry!!) Here is my wedding set. It's a 7mm princess cut morganite in what I'm sure is a Stuller setting. I was just married last month so I'm finally able to wear my band and now that I do, I'm more inspired to get a few extra pieces that I can mix and match. On my radar is a 2mm half-eternity with milgrain, and a 2.5ish ct morganite pear (or sapphire/spinel if I can find the right colour) to put into a similar halo setting.

One of the things I had also been lusting over was a pastel sapphire cushion (the one I wanted was out of my budget and has since sold) that I wanted to put into a simple rose gold solitaire setting like yours! I love the double claw prongs.

photo_328.jpg

photo_329.jpg

photo_330.jpg

photo_331.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1379133103|3520587 said:
Mine is relatively simple yet classic at the moment:

YOURS is the gabriella on VC's facebook page!! :love: :love: :love: :love: gorgeous!

OECtime

Rough_Rock
ksmom|1379115233|3520414 said:

ksmom, your ring is totally the base of the inspiration for the ering I'm having made now - I really hope that's ok! The delicacy and beauty are perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results