shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, just wanted to tell you that I've been thinking for you and am so amazed that you've kept those babies baking despite all of the barriers (doctors included), so good for you! And I'm really glad you avoided a 9/11 b-day as I know that was a concern.

Tammy, so exciting to have a due date--isn't it kind of surreal? And it's great that you have it scheduled for early in the morning. I think it's better to just get the ball rolling as soon as possible in the day...less time to be anxious about it. Congrats on the van, it must feel so spacious after having your car!

Bella, so sorry about the nausea. We had the same thing here in Boston--the suddenly hot/humid day made me feel awful. I was hoping today might be better, but I ended up having to take a Zofran when I got in the office. I just wish it would go away for you (and me, too).

FPS, so happy you can feel movement!! That's the best! And so far K has no notion that there is a baby in my belly. She loves babies. She points to them. She says "baby". But I think she's just too young to understand one is in me. And when this one is born, I think she'll probably have a tough time for a bit.

AFM, work is insane and we're leaving for a "vacation" in 2 days. Now, a vacation sans kids is a vacation. Vacation with a toddler is a "vacation". I'm really, really looking forward to it, but all of the preparation and "stuff" that comes with small children is hilarious. In any case, I am hoping I have at least some time to relax.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear those babies are still baking! I keep coming back here to check on them.

39 weeks 5 days here. 3cm, 75% effaced. Not sure if this baby is ever coming out! I have another appointment on Wednesday for NST/US and then we will discuss induction after that.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
blackpolkadot - Thanks for your input. I remember your story so well that I would page the nurse even if there were 30 minutes late on giving me the Procordia. When they stop the medicine really depends on your institutions policy. When I was training, almost everyone stopped at 34 weeks. Since then some new literature on the long term effects of near term babies has been published and some doctors are now going to 36 weeks. So when the medicine is stopped is really how the doctors feel about the risks of prematurity vs the risks of using a medication for a purpose that has not been well studied. My doctors actually wanted to stop tocolytics at 32 weeks! But I am very happy your baby did so well, and had a short NICU stay for a 33 weaker.

Bella - Thanks! I think all my years of dealing with patients has taught me how to effetely deal with doctors. I still can't believe you have the nausea, and hope that you the next couple months will fly for you so you can be done with that MBA.

NEL - I just read an article about a "vacation" with kids. I wish I remember where I read it. It was super funny! Needless to say, it was not a vacation for the parents!.

Taovandel - you are so close!!!! Good luck on your delivery, if you have not already delivered, and if you have congratulations in advance!

AFM - I have been off the Procardia, and while I am contracting more, I am not in significant pain. So they are still not checking my cervix. They are concerned at this point, being dilated for so long, that my membranes have thinned, and they may accidentally rupture it. Sine I have requested they do nothing to speed or augment labor (assuming of course the babies look good) they don't want to take that risk. I also have a tough choice to make. Right now both babies are head down, but Baby B could flip when baby A comes out. If there is experienced attending on call, they will do a breech extraction. If there is attending who does not have the experience to do that, I could end up with a vaginal delivery and a c-section. But if he doesn't flip, it will be a non issue. So if the attending does not feel he can do a breech extraction, do I take the risk and go for the vaginal delivery, or just go with the c-section in an effort prevent having to recover from both? As of now, I am not allowed to go home until I deliver. I have run out of things to do, so I am learning how to crochet.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies!

NEL, I hope you're able to enjoy at least some moments of your "vacation"!

Tao, any news? I wonder if you've already delivered...super exciting!!!! :bigsmile:

Bella, more big hugs for you! I am hoping and praying that your nausea gives you a real break ASAP. Oh! When is your anatomy scan, or did I miss it?! How's B doing lately?

FPS, I plan to CD after Hannah is out of the newborn sizes. I went with pocket diapers, mostly Alvas but we'll see if I like them. They're super affordable, so if not then it's not a huge loss! They're darn cute though. :)

AFM, things are moving along quite nicely! I am a little nervous about the possibility of not making it to my c/s date, but that's probably just me being paranoid. :oops: I am losing bits of my plug (I think, it looks pretty gross but they're only the size of a big pea at this point) and she's definitely started to drop. I have my final growth scan on Thursday and I'm going to try to remember to ask them how my cervix is doing. DH and I finished packing her hospital bag, except we don't have her baby book (I want to take it so I can get her prints put in it when they do them in the hospital) and we want to try to find a take home outfit that isn't a sleeper. I also picked up some tanks and comfy pj pants for the early days when I'll be doing nothing but nursing and staying home. :)) That and poise pads (which I also got today) were all I needed still for my bag to be complete too. Ladies, this is getting very real!!! :appl:

Hope everyone is doing well and that Monday goes by as quickly as possible for all. ::)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Tammy, CD is so fun! Well, for now lol..honestly, I think we'll love it! I'm staying home with the little one, so it'll be a lot easier and is great for the environment, the baby and our wallet! I've gotten a few diapers myself and my last 2 just came in today. I have 2 lotus bumz (these just came in from zulily and I LOVE them!) 2 kawaii's (another great priced option...check www.theluvyourbaby.com) and I ordered 2 from shopdiaper.com, but they're a little on the cheaper made side, so I don't think we'll be getting anymore of those. I do so love how cute they are though and I'm super excited to be CDing. I'm also planning on using cloth wipes, as well. I just hope they get purchased on the registry!

Oh and If you do go into labor before the c/s date, will they just do the c/s that day or will you try for a natural labor? Also, sweet new Mama ride!

Ltl, you've been holding on strong and I really have high hopes that the littles will come out perfectly and that they will need little to no NICU time!! :)

Tao, hopefully things are moving along well for you and a huge congratulations is in order!!

NEL, yeah the movement is awesome and so trippy! She kicked DH's hand last week and he loved it! He had felt her wiggle around a bit, but the kick made it even more real, ya know?! I'm sure K will be pumped when she realizes that she'll be a big sister! Maybe it'll be more real for her too when she feels your baby move??

Bella, how are you feeling these days?

AFM, things are really coming along my way in regards to house stuff. The front room would have been finished this weekend, but we were so busy that it just wasn't possible. Paint is going up today! Next painting project will be the nursery and then DH can get moving on the bathroom. We're at 24 weeks, so with 16 weeks to go, the next couple of months will be hustle city for him. Poor guy! Our one year anniversary is this Sunday and I'm looking forward to just spending the day together. Due to this baby and the rush on house stuff, we haven't gotten a ton of 'us' time, so I'm really looking forward to it! Also, we are LOVING the birthing class we're taking, which is a plus and things are just great here. Although I can tell you that sex is getting hilarious because there is a LOT of giggling (on my part) about the belly getting in the way! Seriously, no romance at all (my fault) and figuring out positions that work best at this stage is just too funny! :lol: Oh and rolling out of bed with my growing belly to use the bathroom in the middle of the night is pretty comical. I am not even really huge yet (I'm hoving at having gained 12lbs thus far) and it's getting in the way. Goodness help me when I'm 8 and 9 months along!! And because I'm thinking ahead to my size and comfort, I'm trying to take on Christmas shopping NOW, so I can avoid it while way too pregnant. Wish me luck on that.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I will do a better post later, our HEALTHY little rainbow baby is a...

GIRL!!!

cam00822.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Quick update, I am 35 weeks, today is our wedding anniversary, and I am in labor. My epidural is working great. Looking forward to meeting my little ones soon!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Aww Missy, congratulations on your adorable little girl! Love her sweet little profile. She's got a beautiful little angel smiling down on her!

Firecracker, so exciting and what an anniversary gift! Thoughts and prayers with you for a safe delivery for mama and babies!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Missy!!! Congratulations on your girl!!!! I'm so thrilled for you and your DH!!! What a gift!! She has an amazing guardian angel up above.

LF: best of luck!! I hope your labor and delivery goes great and your holding your sweet little ones soon!!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what An awesome day in our little group!!! :appl:

Missy, HUGE congrats on your little girl. They're amazing and wonderfully sweet, though I may be slightly biased. ;))

Ltl, happy anniversary to you and birthday to be for the twins!!! Wishing you a smooth delivery and that they both stay head down for you!! Keep us posted and all the luck in the world to you!! So exciting!!! :bigsmile:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, your rainbow baby girl is beautiful! I am so thrilled for you.

Firecracker, how exciting! Good luck. I wish you a smooth delivery and 2 healthy babies to snuggle with soon!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Such exciting news! Missy, big congrats on having a girl, I am really excited for you.

Ltl, happy anniversary and I'm so happy you made it all the way to 5 weeks. Thinking about you tons.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, That is so exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your twins entrance into the world!!!!! Congrats on making it to 35 weeks!!!! happy anniversary, what a special gift!!!!!

Missy-AWWWW! So excited for you!

FPS-glad that things are going well, can't believe that you only have 16 weeks left!

Tammy-You are almost there:)

AFM-trucking along at 19 weeks. Still feeling nauseous for most of each day...still starting each day off with dry heaves, ...still vomiting several times a week...still really tired of feeling sick all the time! Our neighborhood bodega owner apparently asked DH a week or two ago if I was ok (b/c he'd seen me get sick so many times on the sidewalk :knockout: ). I still weigh what I weighed before I got pregnant which is fine b/c I definitely have some extra weight to spare, but it is not a really fun way to lose weight...

Yesterday I moved a filing cabinet in my office (just pushed it, didn't lift it) and I was noticeably cramping for most of the afternoon/evening. it freaked me out a lot! I went home early, sat with my feet up, drank water, laid on my left side, etc. and today I feel fine. There's no spotting or anything, and the baby keeps moving, so I am assuming everything is fine. But will be glad to see that the baby is fine for sure on my ultrasound next week.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl, holy smokes! Happy anniversary and good luck with the labor and delivery! How ridiculously exciting that you're going to meet your little ones soon :appl:

Missy, congrats on baby girl!! Seriously, I love that we're having a little girl first because we can totally buy all those amazingly girly things like tutus and headbands and such...swoon!

Bella, I'm sorry to hear about the scare with cramping yesterday! While it isn't the best thing in the world to feel like, I am a total lazy bum with stuff because I would much rather take it easy than impact the baby. DH pretty much does any lifting and is my carrier of things up and down the stairs. I don't even try to risk it! I fell down the stairs about a month before we got married and even DH says he doesn't want me adding anything to going up and down them while pregnant. Thankfully, I can handle the dishes and vacuuming and the light cleaning that is required for a not so terrible house lol I am domestic city on my end, while DH is doing all the hard stuff.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
So who else has revisited to see about an update from Ltl at least half a dozen times since she said she was in labor? :oops: I hope everything is going okay and can't wait to hear from her!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
tammy77|1379463047|3522592 said:
So who else has revisited to see about an update from Ltl at least half a dozen times since she said she was in labor? :oops: I hope everything is going okay and can't wait to hear from her!

Ha! I'm dying to find out how she and the littles are doing!! :D

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hm hope they're okay!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies! Just saying hi. I am starting on my second trimester and am moving up from the "just barely" thread. Starting to feel a bit better, not much morning sickness nowadays although I still get it from time to time. I'm just waiting for my appetite and energy levels to return. I have so much I'd like to get accomplished before the end of 2013!

You can lump me into the group waiting on info about the twins as I was lurking here for quite awhile before now. Can't wait to see how everyone is doing! :appl:

Missy congrats on the baby girl!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Looks like you have all been waiting to hear from me. Well the twins are here! They arrived yesterday and had to go to the NICU for minor respiratory issues. But both are improving, and now the challenge will be getting them to wake up to eat. I delivered vaginally, but ended up with forceps for the second baby and a tear to prevent a c section because after the first one was born, my contractions slowed a lot and his heart rate showed he was in trouble if we did not get him out. That put me out for the rest of the day and I was not strong enough to see them until 12 hours after they were born which was hard. But today I am doing better.

Missy congrats on the girl.

Hope to have time to put the full story soon!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl, I'm SO happy to hear that the babies are here and everyone is safe! Congratulations and I hope that the three of you are feeling well very soon!!!! :))

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, I am sorry that your son's delivery was kind of rough but am THRILLED that they are both here safe and sound. Best wishes that their stay in the NICU is short and that your recovery is fast. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to not see them for 12 hours!!!! Looking forward to the "long play" version of your birth story and some pictures:)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, it's great to hear that you and the twins are doing well. Get tons of rest-- you must be so exhausted!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, huge congrats on a little girl :wavey:

Ltl, soooo happy to hear things went well for you and the babies!! Get some rest while you can :appl:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Little. Enjoy your beautiful babies.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Missy, on your girl! Ltl, :appl: on your healthy twins!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Firecracker, I'm so very happy for you that you are finally a mommy after all you went through to get here. I hope you heal quickly, and that those two little babies don't have to stay too long in the NICU. I imagine you won't have much time to post over the next few weeks, but I hope everything goes well and that you keep us posted. Congrats again!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ltl-- so glad to hear your sweet babies have arrived safely! 35 weeks is awesome. Congratulations!!! I think this calls for more sapphires? :appl:

tammy- glad you have your section scheduled! The end is near :appl:

Thinking of you all!

I am to be induced one week from today at 39/6, unless this little lady has other plans.

It has been a very rough couple weeks (husband out of town starting new job.. finally home tomorrow.). My almost 3 year old has been very stressed and I have still been working 60 hour weeks. Then spending the rest of my time picking him up from and taking him to family members. Really not what I wanted for our final days with just our sweet little boy :(sad The little guy has been having a rough time with his potty training after initially doing great with the new house, daddy gone, baby coming. I totally lost it with him tonight (after seeing him for a total of two hours all week), multiple times, and made him cry and cry. I am totally embarassed and ashamed and feel like a horrible parent. And i am so angry and bitter that this is what has become of the last days of my pregnancy. Sigh. Not how I invisioned the impending arrival of our daughter. Hope things get better soon....

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Ice, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough time lately. :(sad I can sympathize with you re: feeling horrible about losing your temper with your DS and wishing things were different for the last few days before the baby comes. I don't have nearly as much stress as you and I'm afraid that I was not kind at all to my two DD's today. It's hard to keep your cool when stress is overwhelming.

I had my last growth scan today and it didn't go very well. The good news is that she's now head down. The bad news is that since the last scan 4 weeks ago, her head and abdomen circumferences have slid down a bit more on the scale. :(sad Her HC is less than 3% (it's just off the bottom of the scale) and her abdomen went from 40% to 23% (possibly 28%, I can't remember because I was too busy freaking out).

The peri basically said that she looks like a healthy baby and he would be surprised if anything was wrong with her, but that he can't guarantee with 100% certainty that we won't be one of those "once in a blue moon" cases. He's the same doctor that's seen us for the other two scans and he knows our history. I know my OB trusts him completely and he's been a peri for 30 years...and that he's not one to sugar coat anything. So my DH thinks that if there was a real chance of a problem, the doctor would have worded things differently - such as telling us that it's likely fine, but to prepare ourselves for a problem and/or notify the pediatrician, etc..

Maybe I'm grasping at straws at this point. I don't know. All I know is that I can't wait to get through the next 14 days so we can truly see what her measurements and health are. Argh.

Oh, she's measuring at approx 5 lbs 15 oz and I'm 36w6d. My other girls weren't huge babies at birth - first DD was born at 38w and she weighed 6lbs7oz, second DD was at 39w and was 7lbs2oz. So she'll be a tad smaller than them I think, but hopefully not by much.

Sorry to be so "me-centric". :|

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, sending big hugs your way. That is definitely not the kind of stress you need right now. I do know that it is hard to get accurate measurements this late in pregnancy, and being off by just a little bit can make a big difference. I will be sending thoughts and prayers your way for peace and calm in the next couple of weeks. I strongly suspect your little girl will be perfectly healthy, and one thing I know for sure is that are going to be an excellent mother to her no matter what. Thinking of you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results