shape
carat
color
clarity

My updated ERD eternity band 3.75 ctw

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I thought I'd start a new thread to show you my updated ERD eternity band.

Here's a link to my previous setting:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-5ct-erd-u-prong-eternity-band.172648/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-5ct-erd-u-prong-eternity-band.172648/[/URL]

After wearing the U-prong style for over a year, I finally felt like it was time to remake it. After spending all of that money on the previous ring, it just wasn't comfortable enough for me and I wasn't completely happy with it. I wanted to enjoy it forever, so I went ahead and had it remade.

I started working with Mark in July and we discussed the comfort factor a lot. I wanted to get it just right. I wanted a low profile basket setting with a spacer bar. I asked him if he could send me the ring half way through the process so I could try it on. He set 3 diamonds into the setting so I could get a feel for the low profile and if it felt good between my other fingers. It was a great way to see it so that we could tweak it if needed before it was 100% done. It ended up being perfect so we didn't need to do anything to it. I sent it back and 2 weeks later it was completed and back on my finger.

Seriously the ring is so comfortable! It's a night and day difference between the U-prong and this setting. I am in love with it! The last ring was sized at 6 3/4 but the new one is 6 5/8 so it is a bit tighter and since there's no more "space" between the U's, I feel like it fits much more snuggly (and overall, lower too). With the new lower setting and the addition of a spacer bar, the ring went from 18 stones to 15. So I lost .75 ctw (4.5 to 3.75). Mark gave me credit for the scrap platinum and those 3 left over diamonds so the new setting was very affordable too.

Mark was amazing to work with through the whole process, I can't wait to work with him again in the future!

Okay, okay, I know you really want to see some pictures right? Here we go :bigsmile:

img_1822.jpg

img_1823.jpg

img_3331.jpg

img_3335.jpg

Reactions: EE3

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
A few more photos :naughty:

img_3296.jpg

img_3342.jpg

img_3344.jpg

img_1824.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing new redo--so pretty! :appl:

Do you know the height of the setting as it is now? Need more handshots, please!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
and a few more :bigsmile:

img_1825.jpg

img_1826.jpg

img_1827.jpg

img_3318.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mom2boys! I'm not sure what the height is but next time I'm at my local jeweler I'll have them check.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just beautiful! You have lovely hands. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks very sleek and low - looks like it would sure be comfortable to wear! and clever idea to have that spacing bar put in .. just in case ;))

Nice remake!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's perfect! Nice job!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's gorgeous!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Comfort is everything - otherwise it rarely gets worn! Beautiful remake and glad you are so pleased!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, glad you like the new setting!! :love:
sarahb

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its absolutely beautiful :love:
Makes me wonder if my jeweler can do anything with my squared off prongs to make them more comfy :roll:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! Your collection is my dream!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Looks lovely on you :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous remake! So glad you posted this, I hope to purchase an eternity band next year and was leaning toward a uprong but want it to be comfortable. This is great information on how the setting effects the wearability. (Ha, did I make up a new word, spell check says wearability isn't a word ;)) )
Love how low it sits! Perfection :love:

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love this and Mark! He is an amazing guy. This looks beautiful on you and so sparkly!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's beautiful!! I love how low it is - if I got an eternity band, I would want this setting - So glad you've found a setting that works well for you - comfort is definitely important! Looks perfect!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I hope this thread helps people who are deciding between a basket setting and a u-prong setting. I'm so thrilled with my decision, the ring fits so much better, I hardly know it's there.

And I've got to thank Mark again for all of his help and patience with me. He really is great to work with :bigsmile:

Woofmama, I would definitely consider a shared prong, especially if you are going with larger stones. The lower the setting the better in my opinion.

Aww, thanks Rosebloom :) You're making me blush!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
asscher girl

thanks for showing your reset. I have an asscher eternity ring that is Uprong set that while I think it is comfortable I just feel it is kind of a lack luster setting for me.

(on a side note - I had a page out for you In Rocky talk I was wondering if you had a picture of the profile of you oh so cool art deco "asscher" bezel band that is in your profile picture. I love how thin the "bezel" is but am wondering what it looks like from the side. Sorry to thread jack)

:bigsmile:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lovemybling! Thanks, glad you enjoyed seeing the reset.

Here's 2 photos that show a better profile shot of my art deco band. I can try to take a few photos of just that ring on it's own soon for you. It's set super low and is very very comfortable.

img_1839.jpg

img_0614.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is stunning and I love your reset!!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics!!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful classic piece we all long for, just perfect as a stand alone RHR! Thank you for sharing :appl:

himni

Shiny_Rock
i love it and now i want one lol :love:

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the extra pictures asscher girl. Seriously your rings are AMAZING!!!

:bigsmile:

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
After a week+ of wearing your reset are you still as happy with the comfort factor.

I was looking at getting an ERD uprong as an engagement ring but I like this just as much it looks more sequre I guess for the stones and if they can set it low bonus

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi puppy!
Yes, it is still extremely comfortable. I'm so happy I made the decision to reset it, just wish I would have done it sooner, lol. I would highly recommend this setting for a daily ring.

mjg

Rough_Rock
I'm SO glad I saw this! I'm looking at an eternity for my engagement ring, and I have waffled between an eternity and a 5 stone for a long time. The eternity is my dream ring, but I'm so nervous about comfort, so I thought I would have to stick with a 5 stone. I know I'm more picky about comfort than many, but I love the look of a full (or almost, with sizing bar) eternity. Now I'm rethinking it....

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a_g: I love your ring. I'm afraid to ask such an obvious question, but is the area in back sans diamond for sizing purposes? I love that space even if its utilitarian because I love the design; it looks so sleek and lovely. So beautiful! If I ever get married again, I would love a ring like yours as a wedding band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results