shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha or Champagne Diamond? Also where to buy?

La_Bougeotte

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies and Gents :wavey:

Complete newbie here! Also apologize in advance as I am Australian and spell "color" differently to you :naughty:

Needing a little advice on my future ring. I never actually wanted to get married, then I met the most ridiculously amazing man who I have been with for 7 months now. He asked me quite early on what I would like in a ring and I have been obsessed ever since. At first I have been in love with Padparadscha sapphires (saph's my birth stone) and pinky/orange or coral is my fave colour.

I have found the most beautiful one well within our price range (originally wanted a larger carat but I have not seen a better stone) which I've attached. It's 1.33 ct eye clean, unheated and absolutely gorgeous to me, the online vendor while trustworthy seems to be pretty grumpy, as it's on sale and quite a large percentage off will not go to the trouble to photograph it for me on skintone, pretty much take it or leave it type. So I'm a little nervous in the final colour I would see, keep in mind I'm going rose gold and side stones would be big shiny baguettes with a halo, I am Caucasian who tans easily so I think it would compliment when it's all done.

I'm debating whether to go through with the pad or look at getting a Champagne Diamond, as I would love some colour in my ring, and I'm not sure I can be bothered explaining what a Padparadscha is and why I didn't "get a diamond" for the rest my life or have people think that we were skimping by going the sapphire route, because my partner earns a very comfortable wage and it might seem "cheap". Because I think I would be just as happy with a champagne diamond, although from what I've seen they are a few thousand above something similar to the pad.

So would love some input from all y'all on which way to go and recommendations on good vendors for light brown - champagne diamonds, I have found a few like Diamonds by Lauren but interested in seeing as many as I can!

Any help would be great as I'm beginning to get that feeling like when you smell too many perfumes and just get confused as to which one you even liked! I spend way too much time googling as it is haha! :shock:

Thanks so much :)
Laura

_9885.jpg

pink_diamond.jpg

_9886.jpg

brown.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about pads but I've bought 20 FCDs, fancy colored diamonds, from Leibish & Co. at http://www.fancydiamonds.net/champagne_diamonds#.UjFjMhbA4qY
I love this vendor.
They have a good selection and you can trust their photography to be quite accurate, which is not easy.
I've also returns stones during the 30 day return period, and there was no argument or hassle.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
La_Bougeotte|1378966828|3519257 said:
I'm debating whether to go through with the pad or look at getting a Champagne Diamond, as I would love some colour in my ring, and I'm not sure I can be bothered explaining what a Padparadscha is and why I didn't "get a diamond" for the rest my life or have people think that we were skimping by going the sapphire route, because my partner earns a very comfortable wage and it might seem "cheap". Because I think I would be just as happy with a champagne diamond, although from what I've seen they are a few thousand above something similar to the pad.

If you are worried about explaining yourself to other people, I don't think a pad OR a champagne diamond is right. With the pad you'll get a lot of "why morganite?" questions (I know it's not morganite but to the layperson, sapphires only come in blue), and with the champagne diamond you'll get a lot of "why'd you get a BROWN diamond?" questions. And either way you risk people thinking you cheaped out. Regular people can be quick to judge or get confused by anything that's not a white diamond.

Personally I rock a blue sapphire so I am all for color in your ring, but I DO get a lot of questions about it. For me, it wasn't even on my radar during the decision-making process. A sapphire was what I wanted, so it was what I picked out. But you will have to get used to saying "I like the color!" a lot, and if you don't think you can do that, don't get a colored stone.

La_Bougeotte

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice Kenny :) had a look at fancydiamonds.net but all their brown stones are very dark right now.

Thanks Distracts
I'm not the type of person who really cares what other people think but I think it would get annoying explaining it's sapphire, it doesn't concern me about the colours, I would have no qualms telling people I thought a light brown stone or pad was prettier to me than a white diamond anyday. My friend told me I would suit colour because I'm "different" (I guess I'll take that as a compliment!)

I highly doubt I'd ever get asked if it was morganite, people aren't that informed when it comes to jewels where I'm from, I would assume they would say oh is that a pink diamond? It's going to be fairly blingy either way so I shouldn't worry about what other people think of the cost.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look I think everyone who chooses something "outside the norm" may get some questions BUT this is YOUR ring - a simple of your love for each other! Get whatever YOU want no matter what colour, price or size. I think the pad you've shown is lovely and I say rock that baby! :naughty: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do what makes your heart sing! The champagne diamond is more neutral and classic. The sapphire is colorful and special... Both options will be stunning!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds are my first love, but Pads are my absolute favorite colored stone! I wouldn't hesitate to wear one as my engagement ring for one second! I think it will be beautiful!! Can't wait to hear...and see...what you decide! =)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should go with your first love...a pad. Get what you love...if you love color get some color.
just tell people its a sapphire like Princess Di had. Why did you get it...because you love color! The settings you
are looking at are very classy.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Check out Good Old Gold for some light champagne diamonds. You may need to call or email. They had some that they were offering to recut to AVRs and I think I remember seeing a hearts and arrows light champagne one,too. Pads can be tricky and anything remotely close to the color many vendors will call a pad. I wouldn't buy one without an AGL cert. You may want to look at some orangey pink diamonds. Pad color with diamond fire! What is your budget?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to have a champagne diamond in a rose gold halo one day. This is one Victor Canera just did. It's AMAZING!

1185714_572482646145224_1594421576_n.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the sparkle of diamonds, but a of course the color saturation of a sapphire cant be beat.

(admittedly i am the chairwoman of the Give Marquise a Chance committee )

Ive been watching this stone and i just love it. Light pink good size (i mean shoot look at the MM size) and a fair price i think for a pink diamond.

Set in a split shank halo ohh that would be :love: :love:

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/12657.htm#.UjGrIhzfJUw

Most people hate marquise of course, but everything is worth a look, right 8)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1378985931|3519308 said:
Check out Good Old Gold for some light champagne diamonds. You may need to call or email. They had some that they were offering to recut to AVRs and I think I remember seeing a hearts and arrows light champagne one,too. Pads can be tricky and anything remotely close to the color many vendors will call a pad. I wouldn't buy one without an AGL cert. You may want to look at some orangey pink diamonds. Pad color with diamond fire! What is your budget?

Ditto everything PinkJewel wrote. I would opt for an orangey pink diamond before going with the padparadscha sapphire route. I'm all about FIRE!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both sound like wonderful options. The pad will give you more COLOR and the champagne will give you more sparkles.
For both it all depends on selecting the right color/tone to suit your skin. Anything too close to skin color will be blah; for example I would get something that is pinker/orange/more intense color if possible.

don't worry about if people understand. Get the ring that you would love to wear!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
For daily wear, I'd think a diamond would hold up better. Maybe look into a colored diamond for ERing and anniversary pad RHR?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pad is a color of sapphire. Sapphires are considered durable for daily wear. It's more your preference, as they have different looks. And within those types there is a range of colors and shades so you need to think exactly what look you are looking for. Main thing is just steer away from your flesh tone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results