shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got my sapphire!

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
So after a week of waiting i have received my sapphire. It is beautiful but not THE ONE. I'm so sad. In the vendor pic, the sapphire looks more of a violet purple but IRL it's more of a amethyst color (just like Gene said in the description). It also seems to be a color shifting sapphire. In incandescent light it's an amethyst purple and in daylight it looks like a very pretty denim blue. 20130909_190740_resized.jpg 20130909_174713_resized.jpg It's very hard to take accurate pics. This was the closest i could get. I do have to say that the cut was absolutely awesome. I guess my search will continue on....

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Total bummer! I just returned a sapphire too. I have to say I think I'm burnt out and giving up the hunt. I'm moving on to something that is not blue!

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
I know how you feel. I'm feeling kinda burnt out too. Hunting for the perfect gem takes so much time and effort. It's supposed to be part of the fun though... lol.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, maybe more of a test of our endurance than part of the fun. It took me about two years to find mine.
I do love the cut on this one.
Good luck!

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I've been looking for over 2 1/2 years but i will continue on. I know the right one will come along someday. BTW I love the color stone in your pic Periwinklegirl.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
The one in my avatar? Thanks!
It's a blue diamond pear (fancy intense blue). That was my best attempt with loupe photography!
My lighter blue sapphire is an asscher cut. It's in my "holy grail" thread.

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
OMG a FCD? LOL. Now that would be the ultimate holy grail for me. I saw your sapphire and it was gorgeous. Did you ever set the blue diamond? I think i need to stalk all your threads to see all your beauties.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results