shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your Right Hand Ring photos here, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbling

Rough_Rock
Here is my RHR. Emerald cut Tanzanite w/RB diamonds, set in platinum.

tanzRHR2.jpg

kbling

Rough_Rock
Another shot of my RHR...still waiting on something for my LEFT hand!!!

tanzRHR.jpg

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
The opal in this ring was originally in a different setting which my husband gave to me when our first daughter was born. Opal is my daughter''s birthstone. Neither one of us liked the setting much though, so he snuck it off at a later Christmas to be put into this setting, which I love.

opal.JPG

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 9:23:23 AM
Author: SweetPink
Thank you....
Hubby surprised me with the pink sapphire....I had always wanted a pink sapphire as my engagement ring, but then I fell in love with the wedding set I have now..so that never happened, but I had been hinting and hinting about it and he completely surprised me and gave it to me as a Christmas present. I am working on two shared prong pink sapphire enternity rings, so I can even out my stack on the left w/ the right.
30.gif
yea and she''s trying real hard draged me into tiffany''s the other day, that''s ok if i do choose to get
face22.gif
she''ll deserve it(maybe)
emotion-40.gif
(just kidding hun cause i know you''ll see this)
face23.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here are all the rings I wear. Here''s is my latests. I 3/4 carat pink sapphire with 8 small side diamonds. Xmas Gift.

pinksapphirexmas.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my ruby and diamond band. Sorry my pics are not good!

rubyanddiamondband.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my grandma''s engagement ring that I received when she passed away. Dont know the specs, only know it''s about 3/4 carat and white gold.

nonnasring.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Lastly, here is my diamond band.

diamondband.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually after I did this today..I realized I do have a RHR...it''s a 10 stone shared prong diamond band...but I wear it very infrequently...I feel like it doesn''t quite command enough to be worn on it''s own...it may need two eternity bands flanking or something. They are on ''the list''...hehee.

So here is my ''dream'' compilation....attainable after many lottery winnings.
9.gif

mara right hand dreams.JPG

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
My new baby, a 1.12 carat color change garnet in a Leo Ingwer setting.

handincan.JPG

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
This is my original engagement ring. I now wear it on my ring hand.

antiquering.JPG

UkneekFreak

Rough_Rock
Hello :)
I''m new to being engaged. What does the whole right hand thing mean? Is it just an extra engagement ring you have, and you wear it on your right hand? Or, is it another tradition? Please let me know. Thanks :) Pretty rings, everyone! :)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey Uneek...
Here's what the RHR thing is all about (my opinion only, of course... anyone else, please feel free to chime in!) It has been being promoted recently by DeBeers (another multi-million dollar marketing ploy)... "Women of the world, raise your right hand..." and other slogans along the lines of: "The left hand rocks the cradle; the right hand rules the world..."; the left hand ring signifies committment, the right hand ring symbolizes independence... yadayadayada. According the DeBeers, the right hand ring (diamonds only, of course!
2.gif
) would also be a ring that a woman buys for herself.

Well, we all know what we think of DeBeers around here, and the brainwashing propoganda that the fashion magazines are so full of!!!
3.gif
BUT, we DO love beautiful jewelry... and a right hand ring is just another place to enjoy it!
31.gif

And to answer your other question... no it certainly isn't "necessary" for any RHR to be "an extra e-ring"... although it certainly can be! Some people upgrade but still love and treasure their "old" e-ring, and for them, it can make a very special RHR. Other people just buy what they like, or have several (or LOTS) of other rings that they wear. (Jennifer, I'm talking about YOU now!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

It's whatever you want and whatever you love!

Lynn

PS Does your user name have any significance to the line of jewelry designed by the company "Uneek"?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of people went for that other marketing ploy also, since lots of people have three stone - past, present and future - rings.......But I''m with Lynn...the right hand ring is any ring worn on your right hand......the original expression was coined by DeBeers to promote rings which were usually set with a number of smaller diamonds.....

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 9:24:22 PM
Author: Patty

Date: 3/2/2005 7:16:40 PM
Author: ForteKitty
have you ever painted your nails to match it? i think it''d look really cool!
Me? Painted my nails blue and white?
23.gif

My, that would be a bit wild for me...I''m OLD!
Patty, I say give blue a try...you might be surprised at how many compliments you will get.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock

Like Jennifer, I have too many right hand rings to post them all

9.gif
and I plan to keep on collecting them.

What I wear on my right hand depends on what stone is the main element in my other jewellery - earrings, pendant, bracelet. I like stuff to match.

But, if I had to choose just one, it would have to be the sapphire and diamond ring dh gave me on our 25th wedding anniversary.

25th anniversary RHR ring.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss,
Your sapphire ring is just stunning. What a lovely 25th anniversary gift from your dh. What is the carat weight on your sapphire, it looks huge!!
21.gif

Little

Rough_Rock
I finally have a good picture of my right hand ring! The opal is .99 carats, from Australia (Lightning Ridge?) set in 14k white and yellow gold.

Little

myopalring.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss, I like the way you think.
9.gif
2.gif
I have a similar "Princess Diana" style sapphire ring that I got for my 4th anniversary but your sapphire is much prettier/a better blue.

Here is my latest rhr.
1.gif

LF.sun.2.1.jpg

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
I love that flower....
30.gif

I couldn''t help but notice you said that--it was your latest. Can post your other RHR''s ( I know you have more than one
28.gif
)--pretty please with ice cream on top.
12.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Sweetpink!
emembarrassed.gif

I posted a collage of some of my other RHRs on page one of this very thread!
2.gif
1.gif

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Oh..Ok I see them..how could I have missed it....

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of my right hand rings. Another pic to follow. I love the unusual setting. It also has a euro shank. It''s hard to capture the true blue color on camera.

shank3.jpg

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
angle 2

shank7.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice...love the unusual setting!!!! (Plus the beautiful stones.......)
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my RHR.... I probably shouldn''t post it on PS... its a cheapo...but I love the color & I don''t wear a lot of jewelry besides my ering & a nice pendant that my mom gave me so I can''t justify spending a lot of money on a piece of jewelry that I don''t wear all that often... it''s really a fun piece to wear when the mood strikes and pink has grown on me a lot in the last couple of years!!

47b5dd33b3127cce90f77e11ffaf00000016108Act2bVm3ct4

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
WTN,
That is a beautiful setting.....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2005 9:29:3 AM
Author: Lynn B
Hey Uneek...
Here's what the RHR thing is all about (my opinion only, of course... anyone else, please feel free to chime in!) It has been being promoted recently by DeBeers (another multi-million dollar marketing ploy)... 'Women of the world, raise your right hand...' and other slogans ....
Yeah. SO much for "tradition". The original campaign encouraged jewelers to present white metal rings containing small diamonds as "right hand rings". With the understanding that the piece wold contain melee sized diamonds and at leats one over 30 points.

Oh well, the pretext for buyng any sort of non-engagement-like ring is not a bad idea. As if any excusel would be needed
11.gif

There's no rule, and color makes allot of sense for these ocasional-wear ring, I would think. Just look at this thred !
31.gif
It could easily be moved on the colored stone forum already.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Belle thank you veru much for let me know this topic!!
I didn''t know.

here is my some of RHR.

fav1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Flower, that is some collection of right hand rings!!
30.gif
Now tell us the specs on those beauties!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results