carat
color
clarity

Ombre rose cake!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1378515388|3516009 said:
Holy Mother of Better Crocker -- that is FVCKING AMAZING!!!

I am literally sitting here with my jaw open.

Amazing.

Are you in Chicago by any chance? (I don't know if your name means White Sox or Red Sox [or something else entirely].) I told my boyfriend when I pass the CPA exam I want a princess cake with five princesses on it, one for each part of the exam and the separate ethics test. I would much rather get the cake from you than from anyone else on the planet!!!

Thanks! Red sox- east coast!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWWWWWW -- NO!

You've crushed me!

For one shining moment I was going to have The Most Glorious "I Passed The CPA Exam" Princess Cake EVER!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness soxfan you are SO talented!! The rose cake is totally stunning!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Your ombre cake is gorgeous! I would not turn down any of the rest of them, either!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 5th birthday cake is so cute - your daughter will have the memory of that forever! I also really like the boat on a lake. Was that to celebrate a retirement?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous cakes! My cousin does cakes too and it's amazing to me how creative they can be.

elle

Shiny_Rock
How very pretty! Thank you for sharing the tutorial!

Your cakes are such works of art!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1378519657|3516048 said:
The 5th birthday cake is so cute - your daughter will have the memory of that forever! I also really like the boat on a lake. Was that to celebrate a retirement?

No, it was a red velvet cake for my dad for his birthday. I just did it on a whim.... :D

Thanks for all of the compliments. I am working on a happy anniversary cake today. I'll post pics when I'm done. It's for the same party, so I may do some more ombre rosette work, I am thinking yellow!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Amazing. How nice you can make something wonderful to put smiles on everyones face.

Annette

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your cakes are amazing, Soxfan! Can I ask how you learned to make them? Did you take classes (as in, is it even possible for us mere mortals to learn this skill) or are you just gifted with artistic ability. I am so impressed. I have always wanted to learn how to decorate just a basic cake. I have had limited success with a pastry bag, really limited. Beautiful cakes!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1378571006|3516258 said:
Wow, your cakes are amazing, Soxfan! Can I ask how you learned to make them? Did you take classes (as in, is it even possible for us mere mortals to learn this skill) or are you just gifted with artistic ability. I am so impressed. I have always wanted to learn how to decorate just a basic cake. I have had limited success with a pastry bag, really limited. Beautiful cakes!

just practice, you tube, google image searches, and loving to do it! Here is the anniversary cake. Done. I need a shower and my new ring!!!! :appl:

img_1852.jpg

img_5631.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that one!! no one is going to be fighting over "I want a ROSE... !!!"

You are VERY talented! and keep that gorgeous new VC Emilya out of the icing... :lol:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Seriously amazing!! I love PSers hidden talents.

Hope you are having your beer, stalking the FedEx truck, waiting for the f***ing boat! :lol:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is amazing!!! I've never even said that about a gem or jewelry on PS!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful cakes...too pretty to eat!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: My daughter used to love watching Cake Boss. She learns how to do a lot of things from You Tube, too!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous cakes!!!! I especially love the ombre rose cake. Scrumptious!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1378573440|3516286 said:
Seriously amazing!! I love PSers hidden talents.

Hope you are having your beer, stalking the FedEx truck, waiting for the f***ing boat! :lol:

:lol: :lol: I snagged it early in the morning! the post office called me! I had to take a big break from cake making to take pics of my new ring!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the one with the lily pads on it....but I love that first picture you posted. they're all lovely and you are very very talented.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
As everyone else said, you're so talented!!! (and your friends are super lucky!!) I think seeing as this is PS, we need some cake bling shots -- near, not in. I think a few devout bling cleaners would actually faint from seeing your gorgeous VC in icing!! :LOL:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1378670835|3516880 said:
As everyone else said, you're so talented!!! (and your friends are super lucky!!) I think seeing as this is PS, we need some cake bling shots -- near, not in. I think a few devout bling cleaners would actually faint from seeing your gorgeous VC in icing!! :LOL:

I would faint too! :lol: My birthday is the 18th, maybe I'll make myself a cake! :lol:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY impressive!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
WOW...this is really, really beautiful!!!!!!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moley! Way too beautiful to cut!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results