carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Hunt

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RTFrog|1378483718|3515681 said:
I like it. But how could I do each ring separately - wouldn't it give it away? Or just provide clues in a ring box?

Let me think about it. I was thinking originally to have the next ring's clue with the one she finds. Until she finds them all. But you are right, obviously it would give it away....

Anyone else have any ideas?

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
O.M.G. You are the best almost-fiance ever!!! Each one is fabulous. I've joked with my fiancee that I need a ring for every day of the week and he's going to choke when I show him this.

Seriously, those a beautiful gems and you chose well on the settings. :lickout: I think you should propose seven times and give her a different ring each time.

I'm ridiculously excited for her!!!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This!!!!

Impressed, stunned, jealous :love:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
WOW :love:
An engagement ring for everyday of the week, I love it :appl:
Now how will I get my dh to agree to this :confused:
As for proposal, could go on a weeks holiday and propose each night in a different way with a different ring.
However you do it, she is one lucky lady

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
More Info

iluvshinythings - Thank you :). Seven proposals would be pretty interesting. Just hope she wouldn't be like - really? After each one ;-). Plus, maybe one can leave her breathless. I sure hope so. In a good way. I want her to know she can trust me with her heart, and hope this helps express the sentiment.

Scarlett1 - :) I've started to name them... Monday, Tuesday, Weds...and they are tentative. A week's holiday would be splendid. We shall see.

Thank you all for the ideas, still trying to hammer out the details.

As requested, here is more detail on the rings:

Monday:
Tanzanite – Dana Reynolds - Dr. Gray Weaver
1.97 Carats, 9.1 x 6.8 VVS
Described as Intense Purple Blue
Original Pictures and Description:
http://www.mastercutgems.com/preview.php?id=6938
Set in 14k with diamonds, small butterfly on each side. Preferred a different look, so it’s a round head set creatively. Loved end result.

Tuesday
Green Tourmaline – R.W. Wise (Suspect Gene –reminds me of other stone)
1.27 Carats. Princess Cut, 6mm. Scored 9.6/10 – 5.0 for clarity
Set in Platinum Memoire Setting w/Diamonds. Custom Head.

Wednesday
Pink Tourmaline w/Green Corner Dana Reynolds
Modified Cut Corner / Flanders Cut
2.49 Carats, 7.9 x 5.9 deep VVS
Set in – 1922 Inspired Cartier w/lower Head. Platinum w/pave diamonds.

Thursday
Steel / Light Violet Spinel – Dana Reynolds – from the Bistro, featured in forum.
Rose gold/pave diamonds

Friday
Amethyst – Peter Torraca
Mariba – 7.54x7.58. 1.76 Carats
Simple platinum solitaire w/custom head

Saturday
Sapphire – Peter Torraca
Purple/Blue Color Change – 1.54 Carats
Set in Platinum w/3 Diamonds band custom both from Diamond Scassi

Sunday
Morganite – Matt Dunkle
2.44 Carats 7.6 Square
14k Rose – for pink color. Daniel M

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
More Pictures

To accompany the above info. Added a couple of the bands too, for those wondering.

Hope these accompany them well and were an acceptable choice.

WeeklyLineup1.jpg
TourmRing1.jpg TanRing1.jpg SapphireRing1.jpg AmeRing1.jpg GreenTourmRing1.jpg MorganiteRing1.jpg SapphireRingBand1.jpg ThurFriSat.jpg MonTueWed.jpg DecoBand1.jpg Diamondf3forSapphireBandSolo1.jpg BlueFrenchCut.jpg RedFrenchCut.jpg HotBand1.jpg PrincessBand1.jpg ScottKay1.jpg SimonG1.jpg

Trill

Rough_Rock
Wow, e-rings and wedding bands for everyday of the week! She is a lucky lady! If only my SO would come up with a similar plan (calling him over to the computer now... :naughty: ). Can't wait to read the proposal story!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool rings; she's not going to wear some of these 24/7, right? The tanzanite, tourmaline, morganite and amethyst aren't going to hold up well except as special occasion / RHR type of wear.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Trill - thank you :) Good luck convincing your SO :)

Chrono - Nah, she won't be wearing them 24/7, and she told me before that she'd be wearing just mainly a band. Thank you for letting me know, I've seen that as a concern for lots of rings/engagement rings posted here.

Her peridot, morganite, and blue topaz rings have held up well, and knows the limitations of the softer stones. I'm hoping with the selection she's able to switch them on and off. Just in case something happens, such as the morganite, that's why I had 3 cut from the same piece of rough. I hope they all get wear and love though, we shall see. Hoping for the best! Will source Spinels/Sapphires if not (that is, if she says yes).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for interpreting my post in the spirit for which it was written; it is not my intention to overly frighten her into not wearing them. Gems are meant to be worn and enjoyed. With proper care, they can last for many generations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results