shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on getting a ruby for my ER

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1374889214|3491203 said:
Given that it is a clearance item, what is the return policy? The yellow background is making the ruby look "off" and I would want to see it in person. The fact that it has medium to strong fluorecence is very encouraging.

I'll check with him. The thing is I live in Australia so it will be more hassle to send it back. If I can trust his words when he said that it's the same color with the stone that I like, then I probably will keep it. As long as the color isn't pinkish then I'm happy :))

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments and advise. ;)) I spoke to my other half and we agreed to purchase the stone. Btw, because we're in Australia and they're in the process of emptying their stock...the stone will have a standard sale item return policy. But we're quite comfortable with this and the worst case I'll just try to re-sell the stone locally.

Stay tuned for photos of the ruby. My guess is it'll take a couple of weeks for delivery etc. I'm very excited!! :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! cant wait! I think from the description it sounds beautiful and i didnt even notice that it has fluor. That sounds like itll be enchanting! Please post fluor pics too!

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
Niel|1374929782|3491404 said:
yay! cant wait! I think from the description it sounds beautiful and i didnt even notice that it has fluor. That sounds like itll be enchanting! Please post fluor pics too!

Will do! although.....I might need hints on how to get fluor pics :oops:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missPiggy|1374930085|3491408 said:
Niel|1374929782|3491404 said:

Will do! although.....I might need hints on how to get fluor pics :oops:

a blacklight. Fluor is so cool I think youre pretty lucky to find a ruby with medium- strong

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
missPiggy|1374928773|3491400 said:
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments and advise. ;)) I spoke to my other half and we agreed to purchase the stone. Btw, because we're in Australia and they're in the process of emptying their stock...the stone will have a standard sale item return policy. But we're quite comfortable with this and the worst case I'll just try to re-sell the stone locally.

Stay tuned for photos of the ruby. My guess is it'll take a couple of weeks for delivery etc. I'm very excited!! :bigsmile:
From the description I'm fairly certain you will like the stone. But I will warn you, you will most likely take a hit if you're forced to resell it. The fact that you have a report helps, but it's still tough.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My turn to agree with Greg; I have a good feeling about this ruby. If selling on your own, expect a 30% hit on what you paid.

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
GregS, Chrono...I know it's risky, however the rubies that I saw in Sydney so far around the same price are no where near this one in terms of color and clarity. Fingers crossed it'll be okay, Richard has been in the business for so long so I hope I can take his words that this is a very good stone :))

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
Hi again!

After a long wait my ring is finally finished! I couldn't get a good photo of the stone itself, so I hope this is enough. Overall...I'm very happy with how it turns out :twirl: The stone is very red, but I just can't capture it :oops:

My jeweler was amazed, he could not believe that the ruby is not heat treated and I got it for such a good price :lol:

dsc02987.jpg
dsc02990.jpg

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
And some more.. ;-)

dsc02995.jpg
dsc02993.jpg
dsc02998.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how pretty! i know photographing these things are hard, ive heard from many its hard to capture the correct color in photography!

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
Niel|1378560015|3516176 said:
how pretty! i know photographing these things are hard, ive heard from many its hard to capture the correct color in photography!

Thanks, I'm very happy with the ring and the stone. It's actually very red in person, not sure how to describe it but it is very much like blood. I would've bought more from Richard Wise if my fiancee would let me :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks better in your handshots; I think you need stronger lighting to bring out the best in your ruby. Can you take some outdoor pictures please? A few in the shade and a few with more direct lighting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results