shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I choose the right size of Rolex for me?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bigger one is kind of... overwhelming. The smaller one though -- oh la la!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Definitely the 31mm :love: :love: :love: It is perfect on you!

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
A happy ending to my story of indecision - THANK YOU!

Hi everyone!

Thanks again for all of the very helpful feedback (as well as for all of the congratulations and kind words - wow, much appreciated!). I thought that I would pop in and provide a bit of an update as I have finally made a decision on which watch is most definitely for me!

I am in Toronto for a couple of days, so I went to an AD here to have one last look at a 36mm day-date in order to compare it to my new 31mm datejust. Although the day-date is a stunning timepiece, ultimately I decided that it is not for me (not for this occasion, anyways!). First of all, although I love the look of it on my from some angles, at other times I couldn't help but feel as if it just looked too big, and as if I was wearing my husband's watch.

What finally served to convince me that the 31mm was indeed the perfect watch for me, however, was that it just feels much more comfortable on my wrist than the 36mm. While previously whenever I tried one on I was focusing on how it looked, today I really focused on how it felt, and tried to imagine how I would feel wearing it every day. Truth be told, it felt not only too heavy, but just too bulky in general. I don't think that it would be well suited to my lifestyle with two little ones.

So, despite my uncertainty, having had an opportunity to give the day-date one more try in direct comparison to my 31mm has convinced me that, true to the majority opinion, my first instinct was the correct one. The 31mm is definitely the perfect 'forever' watch for me! That doesn't mean that I won't still admire day-date's and swoon over them when worn by other women, but I will happily wear and admire my beautiful 31mm. I also realized that given the price difference between the 31mm and the day-date, I could actually purchase a ss airking or other casual, larger watch if indeed I want to have the option of the fashionable look of a men's sized Rolex.

So, the happy ending to this story is that from the AD I went straight to the Rolex Canada service center and had them size and set my new watch so that I can begin wearing and enjoying it immediately!

Thanks again to each and every one of you for taking the time to chime in - it is so very much appreciated. I'm so delighted with my new Rolex!

:wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bem...IMO you made the right choice!!.. ;)) :appl:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It looks awesome, and I don't think you will ever regret choosing this size for your wrist.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! Enjoy it for many, many years to come!

myla

Rough_Rock
I'm so go glad to have found this discussion!! I am having the same problem right now while dreaming of my 40th birthday forever to keep watch! I am going for the 31mm after reading the posts.

One question though....do you think the stick or roman number dial is too manly? i'm not so much into the bling but more for the classy, but for a rolex, I guess why not...I can go for a change.

Thanks ladies!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amy7g1q

Rough_Rock
Trade
it is clear that 31 will be much better

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is clear that 31 will be much better

As this thread is seven and a half years old, I'm guessing any Returns period has closed...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results