shape
carat
color
clarity

"it's in the mail"

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a love/ hate relationship with the "it's in the mail" feeling. On one hand I'm super excited and on the other I'm super impatient and am convinced that time has slowed down just to aggravate me. Haha.

So what do you guys do between the time you send the payment and the second you get to sign for it at your door? Visit photos? Start thinking about the next project? Bury yourself in work? Does you SO roll his eyes at the effusive excitement?

Right now I'm waiting for a 7 stone emerald cut diamond band from facets and I can barely sit still!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting for our ketubah to be delivered. It was supposed to be here Friday but got delayed due to a train being behind schedule.

I looked at pictures, scrolled through the ones we didn't choose and checked the tracking link multiple times a day. It was supposed to be "on time for delivery" so should have been here by the end of Friday. I sat on the couch staring out the window from 2pm to 6:30pm. When the UPS truck turned into our cul-de-sac grouping I ran outside and sat on the front porch to wait.
Imagine my horror when the truck drove back out again without stopping ;(

Now I get to wait for it all over again tomorrow :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I check the tracking info constantly. I try to keep the adrenaline down, without success. :rolleyes: I try to distract myself by getting busy with things unrelated to jewels. None of it works! And yes, DH does roll his eyes, but has the grace to smile too at how excited I am about a stone, something he hasn't the slightest clue about. You can spend a couple of years searching for just the right one -- and the wait between payment & possession feels much longer than that!

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1378207762|3513908 said:
I check the tracking info constantly. I try to keep the adrenaline down, without success. :rolleyes: I try to distract myself by getting busy with things unrelated to jewels. None of it works! And yes, DH does roll his eyes, but has the grace to smile too at how excited I am about a stone, something he hasn't the slightest clue about. You can spend a couple of years searching for just the right one -- and the wait between payment & possession feels much longer than that!

--- Laurie

LOL I do this too. I keep hitting refresh on the tracking updates and I also sign up to be notified where it is each step of the way. I also copy my dh on the notification emails haha though he couldn't care less just in case it gets into my spam folder. Waiting and patience are not two of my strong points. :cheeky:

Good luck with receiving the 7 stone band soon and I hope it exceeds your expectations MTG!!! :appl:

and also good luck to you TP-how exciting!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1378172101|3513787 said:
Right now I'm waiting for a 7 stone emerald cut diamond band from facets and I can barely sit still!

WHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! PICTURES! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Track it until it says "delivered" whilst I am at work, then keep very busy until I am able to get home.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. Yeah I've definitely been playing the "refresh tracking " game. It should be here by Thursday.
The silver lining of being on night shifts right now is that I should be home to sign for it!

Usually when I'm working normal hours I never get to pick up my shinies until Saturday morning since the local post office closes at 4:30. Sigh.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any great advice because I am the absolute worst when it comes to waiting for something lol - I look at pictures, I track it, try to distact myself with other things...and none of it really works! I've been waiting on a setting ordered from a jeweler...was told it would take 4 weeks, just passed 3 weeks and I am just about dying with the waiting. I am such an instant gratification type that it isn't even funny. Just wanted to lend some moral support MTG, I know exactly how you feel! The good news is it should just be a few more days and I can't wait to see it! Post it right away so I can live vicariously through you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1378221286|3513990 said:
Haha. Yeah I've definitely been playing the "refresh tracking " game. It should be here by Thursday.
The silver lining of being on night shifts right now is that I should be home to sign for it!

Usually when I'm working normal hours I never get to pick up my shinies until Saturday morning since the local post office closes at 4:30. Sigh.

And that is the big advantage of living in a 24 hour doorman building. RIght now I usually have everything delivered there unless I am away on vacation for a while and really really want whatever I ordered ASAP. I am not sure what I am going to do when we move to our house in the burbs cause there is no one to accept packages if we are not home. Once when we were on vacation at the beach house for 2 weeks and I was expecting a jewelry delivery I called the UPS office and begged them to please deliver it in the AM LOL and they were nice enough to do so but I don't think that is going to work all the time haha.

Very excited for you...and I second Sarah's request...please post some pics! :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Promise I"ll start a thread when I get it, in the mean time here's some pics from the seller (it's an estate piece).

It's 1.1 ct, D color, VS emerald cuts in 18k white gold.

_9583.jpg

facprof.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: I bet it's going to look amazing on your hand!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting on a small OEC RHR put in the mail this morning. I keep going back and looking at
The pictures the jeweler sent me. One picture makes me think I did the wrong thing by bezeling it
and the other picture makes me think it looks perfect, so I'm feeling very anxious!

Edit - just noticed your pics...very pretty! I thought you had been posting about a 5 stone graduated?
(Is that someone else or is that your next project?)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1378236013|3514108 said:
Promise I"ll start a thread when I get it, in the mean time here's some pics from the seller (it's an estate piece).

It's 1.1 ct, D color, VS emerald cuts in 18k white gold.

Oooh, that's pretty! :love: I'd be going crazy waiting for it too!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1378236368|3514113 said:
I'm waiting on a small OEC RHR put in the mail this morning. I keep going back and looking at
The pictures the jeweler sent me. One picture makes me think I did the wrong thing by bezeling it
and the other picture makes me think it looks perfect, so I'm feeling very anxious!

Edit - just noticed your pics...very pretty! I thought you had been posting about a 5 stone graduated?
(Is that someone else or is that your next project?)

Haha yeah the 5 stone is my next big project, this was something that was already in the works. :)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I stalked the UPS guy for three hours Friday after missing him by 7 minutes so I'm not exactly the poster child for patience.

While I was waiting for the delivery, I checked the status repeatedly, bit my nails, looked at vendor photos and drove my SO crazy. I tried to focus on work but my job and other things that really should command my attention really weren't working for me. I did manage to complete five levels of candy crush so there's that.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually forget I ordered anything and am shocked and delighted when I get a package.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1378237105|3514120 said:
I stalked the UPS guy for three hours Friday after missing him by 7 minutes so I'm not exactly the poster child for patience.

While I was waiting for the delivery, I checked the status repeatedly, bit my nails, looked at vendor photos and drove my SO crazy. I tried to focus on work but my job and other things that really should command my attention really weren't working for me. I did manage to complete five levels of candy crush so there's that.

Omg candy crush is amazing for distraction!
Yeah I have weird days off right now so no work to distract me until after my delivery if it comes Thursday!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1378238766|3514134 said:
I usually forget I ordered anything and am shocked and delighted when I get a package.

distracts - your name is more than appropriate if you can easily forget that you're expecting bling in the mail!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is gorgeous. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am waitiing for a strand from Catherine right now and just got the tracking stuff today. I have visited it online everyday since ordering and now am doing the refresh thing for the tracking... Waiting is so hard :wavey:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecogirl|1378331312|3514584 said:
I am waitiing for a strand from Catherine right now and just got the tracking stuff today. I have visited it online everyday since ordering and now am doing the refresh thing for the tracking... Waiting is so hard :wavey:

I know! I swear I used to be better at it, lol.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Stare at pics. If it's a stone, obsess about the setting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bwahaha, it's in my city!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So angry!
Found the mail slip in my mail box today for my ring. I've been home all day. Guy was just too lazy to walk to my door to ring the bell! :angryfire: just assumed I wasn't home on the weekday. :angryfire: :angryfire:

Sigh. At least Im working night shift so I can go get it after work tomorrow. Still, I could have it right now if the person did their actual job.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:angryfire: I'm mad for you!!! :angryfire: These people have no souls :cheeky: !

Not to rub it in but mine came today!!!

Its very pretty...I'll have to post pictures later.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1378401749|3515058 said:
So angry!
Found the mail slip in my mail box today for my ring. I've been home all day. Guy was just too lazy to walk to my door to ring the bell! :angryfire: just assumed I wasn't home on the weekday. :angryfire: :angryfire:

Sigh. At least Im working night shift so I can go get it after work tomorrow. Still, I could have it right now if the person did their actual job.

OMG, I've had that happen to me and I completely feel your pain. I get irrationally (like, crazy) angry at my postman for stuff like that! Hope you have time to get it tomorrow...I would be pissed!!

I guess my post makes it clear that I too obsess over packages "in the mail", can you tell, lol? Sometimes when I'm waiting for a package, I think back to the "olden days" when people ordered things from the Sears Roebuck catalogue and had to wait months and months...I think, how could I have lived back then??? I'm expecting one gem in today's mail and then another later this week, and I can't stop checking the tracking...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results