shape
carat
color
clarity

If you see this ad, RUN!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this forum is the right place for this... I was bored and decided to peruse the classified ads in today's newspaper. This ad screamed, "Run for your life - you're going to be ripped off!" How many errors can you find? (I blacked out all the pertinent info so hopefully I didn't break any rules posting it.)

_9591.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
BBS2? :lol: I just read that in Elmer Fudd's voice.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: That gave me a good laugh. But to be fair, I've posted ads on papers before and you speak to an operator. They mishear things and mistype things all the time.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Yes, over the phone B does sound like V. They are also next to each other on the keyboard, so someone might have made a typo.

1.97 karat should be carat. But at least it is not "carrot." Cannot tell you how many times I have seen that. Enscription - inscription. Must be someone who is not very into jewelry.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
People have really unrealistic ideas about the resale value of their diamonds. I wonder how much it cost originally?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1378300413|3514307 said:
Yes, over the phone B does sound like V. They are also next to each other on the keyboard, so someone might have made a typo.

1.97 karat should be carat. But at least it is not "carrot." Cannot tell you how many times I have seen that. Enscription - inscription. Must be someone who is not very into jewelry.

Don't forget laser with a "z" too! :lol:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ChristineRose|1378300985|3514313 said:
People have really unrealistic ideas about the resale value of their diamonds. I wonder how much it cost originally?

Yeah, they do!!! Someone I was talking to the other day wanted help selling her stone and I politely asked questions and she had all her info wrong so I made an excuse to not be available to look at the stone under my H&A viewer bc I didn't want to have to tell her the reality.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny!

That diamond is way overpriced.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
ChristineRose|1378300985|3514313 said:
Ditto

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results