shape
carat
color
clarity

Any one watching So You Think You Can Dance?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord, these kids can DANCE!! I was sad to see Alan go, he was such nice eye candy ;))

Who's your favorite?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not watching that series but I just wanted to show you the guy who won Got to Dance (UK tv series) as it sounds similar to what you are watching. His name is Lukas McFarlane and he is amazing to watch. He is Canadian. My daughter dances and she loved the show. His win was well deserved!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1El0UY-Uk

SB621

Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!!!!!!! I love the show and have watched it since the 1st season (well not for a few years when we were overseas but you get my point). My parents didn't have a lot of money growing up but when we did I was allowed to take dance and then my college roomate her mom owned a studio and I helped out there too for some extra cash.

Last season was amazing as of course my two favorite ballerina's won!!!!

This year I really like Jenna and Makenzie and I don't get why they keep ending up in the bottom 3. Honestly I think it is because they are pretty. I feel the pretty girls who dance sexy are usually the ones to go first and after watching 10 seasons that is almost always true!

For the boys I don't really love anyone. Not like last year at least. I will say I think Tucker's lines are amazing and I find him to be very inspirational with everything he has had to go through.

I really disliked Malece (though I love her name) and was happy to see her go last week.

And my all time favorite dance is Travis Wall who is now a chorographer on the show!! he is amazing and I loved the pieces in did earlier this season for some of the couples!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but I'm not reading any of your posts cause I'm watching it on Hulu so I'm a month behind!

This season has been a lot of fun so far!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am obsessed with SYTYCD and have been watching since s1. I think it's pretty obvious Amy and Fikshun (spelling? I'm so embarrassed to be even typing that, haha) are going to win. I too was glad that Malece left, although she was a good dancer, I thought she was very boring. I loved the fountain dance from last week!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
liaerfbv|1376597389|3503938 said:
I am obsessed with SYTYCD and have been watching since s1. I think it's pretty obvious Amy and Fikshun (spelling? I'm so embarrassed to be even typing that, haha) are going to win. I too was glad that Malece left, although she was a good dancer, I thought she was very boring. I loved the fountain dance from last week!

Oh the fountain of youth dance was beautiful.

I think my favorite from this week's episode was Aaron (spelling?) and katherine. That was just stunning to watch. I think he might get the top spot for a guy. or at least I'm hoping he will.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SB621|1376425976|3502305 said:
YES!!!!!!!!!! I love the show and have watched it since the 1st season (well not for a few years when we were overseas but you get my point). My parents didn't have a lot of money growing up but when we did I was allowed to take dance and then my college roomate her mom owned a studio and I helped out there too for some extra cash.

This year I really like Jenna and Makenzie and I don't get why they keep ending up in the bottom 3. Honestly I think it is because they are pretty. I feel the pretty girls who dance sexy are usually the ones to go first and after watching 10 seasons that is almost always true!

For the boys I don't really love anyone. Not like last year at least. I will say I think Tucker's lines are amazing and I find him to be very inspirational with everything he has had to go through.

I really disliked Malece (though I love her name) and was happy to see her go last week.

And my all time favorite dance is Travis Wall who is now a chorographer on the show!! he is amazing and I loved the pieces in did earlier this season for some of the couples!

This. I hate when Nigel is like "Why does America keep voting you in the bottom?" and I'm rolling my eyes at the TV, like get it together Nigel, it's because 14yo girls are watching the show and hate the pretty girls and vote for the adorable guys. Duh.

And I also love Travis Wall - did you see his reality show called "All the Right Moves" on the Oxygen channel last year? It was him and Nick Lazarini from s1 starting a dance company together. I'm not sure if it got renewed for this year... but it was fabulous and cheesy and featured many other SYTYCD alums.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
liaerfbv|1376597784|3503944 said:

This. I hate when Nigel is like "Why does America keep voting you in the bottom?" and I'm rolling my eyes at the TV, like get it together Nigel, it's because 14yo girls are watching the show and hate the pretty girls and vote for the adorable guys. Duh.

And I also love Travis Wall - did you see his reality show called "All the Right Moves" on the Oxygen channel last year? It was him and Nick Lazarini from s1 starting a dance company together. I'm not sure if it got renewed for this year... but it was fabulous and cheesy and featured many other SYTYCD alums.

I DIDN"T KNOW!!! Thank you for telling me. Are episodes on line? I don't think we get oxygen on my dish network....argh I will have to google.

Oh and the Travis Walle piece that he choro-y for Jenna and Tucker with the red ropes were AMAZING!!!!!! One of my favorites dances so far of all 10 seasons.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SB621|1376597984|3503947 said:
liaerfbv|1376597784|3503944 said:

I DIDN"T KNOW!!! Thank you for telling me. Are episodes on line? I don't think we get oxygen on my dish network....argh I will have to google.

Oh and the Travis Walle piece that he choro-y for Jenna and Tucker with the red ropes were AMAZING!!!!!! One of my favorites dances so far of all 10 seasons.

I know it was online last year because I missed the first few eps because I didn't know it existed and I think I found them on Hulu, but I'm not sure if they'd still be available now. I'm sure if you google you can find them somewhere though, I think there were only 8 episodes in the season. I also loved the rope dance, but I think my all-time favorite of his is the dance he did with Jeannine & Jason? I think his name was, with the necklace a few seasons ago. But honestly, I love everything he does so I'm not a discerning audience. :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh i think i remember that dance...with a red heart necklace or something like that.

I love to see what happens with former contestants. Dominic is now a judge on ABDC on MTV and he is hysterical.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love this show. It's hard to pick a favourite this year since they're all just so good! Does anyone know what happened to Travis Wall's brother Danny Tidwell? Travis choreographed the dance with Tucker and Robert last night and he referred to his brother as his inspiration. i remember Danny was amazing as well!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
kmarla|1376599536|3503967 said:
I absolutely love this show. It's hard to pick a favourite this year since they're all just so good! Does anyone know what happened to Travis Wall's brother Danny Tidwell? Travis choreographed the dance with Tucker and Robert last night and he referred to his brother as his inspiration. i remember Danny was amazing as well!

it sounds like he is fine but I dunno!

http://www.rickey.org/danny-tidwell-in-2013-how-is-he-doing/

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love the show but missed a few weeks when I was away. The other night was the first time I watched it in a while - so question for you: has Aaron lost a lot of weight? I know he is big and all, but it seems like he used to be big and bulky and now, well, not so much.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1376610731|3504060 said:
I too love the show but missed a few weeks when I was away. The other night was the first time I watched it in a while - so question for you: has Aaron lost a lot of weight? I know he is big and all, but it seems like he used to be big and bulky and now, well, not so much.

No i don't think so. I think the show knows how to dress him to make him look slimmer and emphasis what he does have though. But perhaps he has slimmed down as all he does is dance day in and out.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SB621|1376611902|3504070 said:
minousbijoux|1376610731|3504060 said:

No i don't think so. I think the show knows how to dress him to make him look slimmer and emphasis what he does have though. But perhaps he has slimmed down as all he does is dance day in and out.

That's what I was going to say. I think if anything they are just on the go so much that he's lost a bit of weight? Or maybe we are all just getting used to his giant size, haha.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Danny was AMAZING. I was so sad he didn't win. That prince dance he did with Neil is literally once of my favorite dances of all time, and also his latin ballroom with Lacey.

(Is it sad I can speak in specifics to dances that happened like 8 years ago?? I have a problem!!)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
liaerfbv|1376612194|3504074 said:

Danny was AMAZING. I was so sad he didn't win. That prince dance he did with Neil is literally once of my favorite dances of all time, and also his latin ballroom with Lacey.

(Is it sad I can speak in specifics to dances that happened like 8 years ago?? I have a problem!!)

So is it sad that I know exactly what you are talking about!!!

And side note I hate that Lacey became a blonde on dancing with the stars. I don't usually watch that show but I did when I heard her, Whitney and Linsey got on.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like Jenna. I actually like Amy, Hayley (who is avoiding the bottom three quite well btw) and for boys, Fik-shun and Aaron. I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SB621|1376622668|3504153 said:
liaerfbv|1376612194|3504074 said:

So is it sad that I know exactly what you are talking about!!!

And side note I hate that Lacey became a blonde on dancing with the stars. I don't usually watch that show but I did when I heard her, Whitney and Linsey got on.

I also don't watch Dancing With the Stars, but I saw pics of her as a blonde and hated it. I felt like she was trying to be this bombshell sex kitten, when let's face it, she was already pretty sex kitten as a brunette. I'm surprised that Benji never went on DWTS because I think he would have been a total superstar.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1376637616|3504233 said:
I don't like Jenna. I actually like Amy, Hayley (who is avoiding the bottom three quite well btw) and for boys, Fik-shun and Aaron. I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers!

I'm having such a hard time telling the brunette girls apart this season! I don't care for the girl who did the gypsy dance, but I couldn't tell you if that was Jenna, Hayley, or the other one whose name I can't even remember!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I really do think they are all tremendously talented, so it's hard to tell who will win. I am consistently blown away by Amy, so I think she may end up being the girl winner. For the boys, I don't know, but I'm enjoying watching them!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1376676577|3504414 said:
I really do think they are all tremendously talented, so it's hard to tell who will win. I am consistently blown away by Amy, so I think she may end up being the girl winner. For the boys, I don't know, but I'm enjoying watching them!

See I'm totally bored by Amy. I want her off next week. She kind of reminds me of the HS cheerleader. She is peppy and fun, her dances with fink-sun (sp?) are cutesy and they play characters. But I don't ever remember her doing a serious dance. I don't see her pulling off a contemporary or lyrical where I want to cry at the end or any other moving piece. I felt like Jenna, McKennzie and Jasmine can do that. The girl winner from last year who was the trained ballerina. She reminded me of Amy because she was peppy and adorable too, but she could also do a really serious dance.

Ok so I'm calling it now!
Who I hope to go home:
Girl- Amy
Boy-Paul

Who I think will acutally go home:
Girl: Jenna (Amy will be in the bottom 2 with her though)
Boy: Paul (I think Ficksun will also be in the bottom two....after that dance last week I just don't see Tucker going in even though he is less of a fan favorite then Ficksun)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, All Star week! The piece danced by Katherine and Aaron... Beautiful!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If Jasmine doesn't win, I'll be furious. Things I hate: Beyonce, Comfort, high waisted shorts. Things I love: Jasmine dancing her ass off to Beyonce with Comfort, rocking high waisted shorts. She has to win, right? A few weeks ago I thought that Amy was the clear fave, but I think Jasmine has pulled out all the stops recently!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I puffy heart love Jasmine and Aaron. I find them to be ppl who I would want to know and be friends with. I think Aaron is amazing considering he is a tapper (possible the dance style that most ppl find hard to appreciate) and Jasmine makes me want to dance.

I think ficshun is interesting and a nice guy. In his last interview he said he knew he wasn't the best dancer but hopped to be America’s favorite dancer. I get that- he is likeable enough. But I don't think he should win because yes to some extent it should be based off talent and training. I think Aaron is more total package, where Ficshun skates by on his likability.

Amy I honestly HATED through the entire season. I just find her to be annoying and preppy. I never thought she had depth in her dance or personality. THEN she had the duet with Travis Wall and I think that saved her. It catapulted her from being a fan favorite riding Ficshun's coat tails to really being in the spotlight. And honestly I sort of liked her after that. I hate to say it but that might have been my favorite dance of the season tied with Aaron and Katherine's duet two weeks prior.

I'm still hoping it wil be Jasmine and Aaron at the end.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SB621|1378345670|3514728 said:
I puffy heart love Jasmine and Aaron. I find them to be ppl who I would want to know and be friends with. I think Aaron is amazing considering he is a tapper (possible the dance style that most ppl find hard to appreciate) and Jasmine makes me want to dance.

I think ficshun is interesting and a nice guy. In his last interview he said he knew he wasn't the best dancer but hopped to be America’s favorite dancer. I get that- he is likeable enough. But I don't think he should win because yes to some extent it should be based off talent and training. I think Aaron is more total package, where Ficshun skates by on his likability.

Amy I honestly HATED through the entire season. I just find her to be annoying and preppy. I never thought she had depth in her dance or personality. THEN she had the duet with Travis Wall and I think that saved her. It catapulted her from being a fan favorite riding Ficshun's coat tails to really being in the spotlight. And honestly I sort of liked her after that. I hate to say it but that might have been my favorite dance of the season tied with Aaron and Katherine's duet two weeks prior.

I'm still hoping it wil be Jasmine and Aaron at the end.

I was really indifferent to Aaron throughout most of the season, and I'm shocked he was never in the bottom (right?? correct me if I'm wrong). I loved his tap routine in the last ep and his solo - I think he is SO talented. I went back and watched a lot of his routines on youtube and I'm annoyed with myself that I overlooked him all season. I agree that Fikshun skates by on likability. I think he's a cute kid and a fun dancer, but definitely not winning material.

I am such a Travis Wall fangirl that I loved his routine with Amy just for an excuse to see him dance again, and I honestly wasn't really watching her. I forgot how second-hand embarrassed I was when her dad danced on stage during the auditions until they showed it again this week.

I think my favorite dance of the season was Tucker and Robert, or maybe Aaron and Jasmine in the western hip hop just because it was such a fun routine. I want Jasmine and Aaron to win. Has another couple made it to the final since Benji and Donyelle in s2? My brain is fried today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results