shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting for a stone

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
Hello All :wavey: ,

I've been on this forum quite frequently but have never posted. I've been searching for a purple/violet sapphire for over 2 years but i FINALLY found the ONE. How can you guys stand the wait? I'm so super excited. It's my first big stone purchase. I learned so much from reading all the posts from the forum members, so thank you all very much. So, in all i just wanted to say "Hi" and share my excitement.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, welcome, and congrats! The anticipation is part of the fun! :)

Any teaser pics?? :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! Its not often that a lurker comes out of lurkdom to say that they are waiting for a stone; typically, they ask for help in buying the stone, or come on to ask for opinions after they've bought it! So this time around, we can be with you with fingers crossed. Does it have to come a long distance to get to you? Will it be weeks or days that WE have to wait? ;))

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
The only teaser pic i have is the one from Gene's website. I can't believe i was able to grab one of his stones. From what I've seen his pictures are pretty accurate. I just can't wait to see my precious baby in real life :love: . Lol. Anticipation is fun but it's making me check the mail box twice a day. Even though i believe he is on the east coast and I'm in the SF bay area. If I'm at work and my husband gets the stone before me, i told him not to tell me otherwise *cough cough* i would all of a sudden get sick at work and race home. I'm hoping it will only be a few more days.

I hope i attached the picture right. 6_puprle_sapphire.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! I wanted that stone, so I'm so happy you got it and will share pics. You have set the bar high for a first stone. :appl:

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
sunnybunny|1378350998|3514782 said:
Hello All :wavey: ,

I've been on this forum quite frequently but have never posted. I've been searching for a purple/violet sapphire for over 2 years but i FINALLY found the ONE. How can you guys stand the wait? I'm so super excited. It's my first big stone purchase. I learned so much from reading all the posts from the forum members, so thank you all very much. So, in all i just wanted to say "Hi" and share my excitement.

Hey!

Remember that stone needed tens of thousand of years to be 'created', then another ten thousand years to be sedimented to somewhere people could find it and then years to get out as a gem.

Now it is just a few days more.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ha! Right, Ed, but not much consolation re pins & needles. Good thing to remember, though.

Congratulations, SB -- I wanted that too! It's gorgeous -- can't wait to see how you like it IRL. We're drooling for photos & your opinion.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are looking forward to your opinion / review of Gene's sapphire too; I think you are going to love it. The colour is bright and you cannot go wrong with his cutting.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! I hope you love it. If I hadn't become such a size ho I would have snagged that puppy myself. ;-) It's a beautiful colour and Gene's Jua round is one of my favourite cuts. I look forward to your thoughts and pics!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful stone! I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux- I was lucky. This stone was bought the first day but the buyer decided to return it. Gene said it might be one of those times where a customer will buy all his stones and then return the ones they didn't want. I'm so happy i was stalking his website for weeks afterwards. I was actually the second person who tried to buy this stone on that first day. I was absolutely crushed when my paypal got refunded. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw it was on sale again.

Edward Bristol- Lol. I guess if it takes the earth a couple thousand years to make, i can wait just a few more days. When i was in geology class it was fun to hear how graphite and diamonds were made of the same element. It was just the difference of heat, pressure/depth that determined what we would get.

JewelFreak- I can't wait either. It's going to be pictures galore.

Chrono- I'm looking forward to all your opinions too. I hope i love it. I know you can't tell until you have it in your hands.

NKOTB- Lol i can understand the size thing, i wouldn't have minded if this stone was bigger :naughty: . That Jua cut is just fabulous looking, it's what drove me to his website day after day.

iluvshinythings- I think so too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results