shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion RHR purchase for 10th anniversary! Need your imput!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the preliminary stage of planning this...I have a 10th anniversary coming up and my DH and I decided that I could pull the trigger on a cushion halo that I have been wanting for a LONG time. Currently I have my princess wedding set on left hand and my 1ctw three stone ring on my right hand. I will be selling my three stone to help fund this new ring. I am thinking of going through ERD for this. Total budget will be around 7K. I have met Mark before and really liked him and I feel I will get a reasonably priced setting and will be able to get a larger stone in return. My first love was the legacy. I also like the HW, and the soleste. Here are some links to some that ERD has done that I like.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ct-cushion-halo-by-mark-turnowski-erd.116187/
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...que-cushion-w-halo-thank-you-mark-erd.187418/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-fab-ring-by-mark-erd.174252/

I still need to list my three stone and truly decide which setting I want. This purchase will most likely happen next Spring. My question to all you fine PSers is...do you think this style ring is ok as a RHR? It will most likely be larger looking than my engagement ring. My princess is 1.5ct and like 6.23 x 5.5 or something like that. Is that weird? Does anyone else have an ering style rhr? My other idea was to resize my current engagement ring and wear that on my right hand and then have my cushion be my new ering and eventually get a matching wedding band. What do you all think? Here are some pics of what I currently wear.

4set.jpg

5three_stone.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Cushion RHR purchase for 10th anniversary! Need your imp

Your wedding set is beautiful and has a lot of presence due to the fact that you have the diamond e-ring and wedding band. I think the halo cushion will be fine as a RHR! I would try to not make it look so much like an e-ring. I think the Legacy design is fine for a RHR and would consider something like that myself. I probably wouldn't do a plain pave halo due to those looking so much like e-rings.

My only question would be whether your budget is going to be able to do it. You'd be looking at $3k or so for the setting, which would only leave $4k for the diamond. That means under a carat, and cushions face up smaller anyway. I'd probably spend the whole thing on the diamond and then wait and get the halo setting later.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

DS, thanks for your feedback. You have so many beautiful rings including your new ER and your Beaudry's. I am glad to hear that you think a cushion halo would be just fine as a RHR. You bring up a valid point on cushions facing up small though. I may have to relook at budget when the time comes. I'd hate to build a ring and then be disappointed with the diamond size. I also agree that the legacy has a more RHR appearance vs. the HW esque styles. I also worry that the soleste will not be a daily wear kind of piece with two young little boys at home. Another thought I had was doing a legacy but with a split shank. Similar to this one. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-legacy-cartier-design-from-erd-amazing.169018/ I was thinking a split shank might look more RHR. But the legacy has always been a HUGE favorite of mine, so that is wear I am leaning. I am going to try to stop into Tiffany's and try some on and see what carat weight center stones I like best. Another idea I have been tossing around is using an oval. They face up pretty large and I could have a legacy created for that as well.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock

I don't post often but wanted to say that of all the rings posted, the last one is the one that I prefer. All are beautiful- this one though has design elements that make it a bit more unique. I think it make for a stunning right hand ring.

Your other pieces are equally beautiful (and I love that bracelet).

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

facetgirl|1378047281|3513235 said:
I don't post often but wanted to say that of all the rings posted, the last one is the one that I prefer. All are beautiful- this one though has design elements that make it a bit more unique. I think it make for a stunning right hand ring.

Your other pieces are equally beautiful (and I love that bracelet).

Thank you facetgirl! I've been married for almost 10 years and since joining PS I have always wanted a halo. I have looked at so many princess halo's and there are some that I like however I like my current setting as well so it has always been hard for me to pull the trigger on resetting my ering. So I decided the best idea was to do a Halo RHR! I know what you mean about the Cartier/Legacy style ring. There is something unique about it and I think the split shank makes it seem more RHR like. Thanks for your comment!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, I very much like that last Legacy influenced setting as well! In fact, there is a Leon ring that is very similar and I will post the link. I do think a little larger halo would work better with that shank, though, as you can see on the Leon version (although the stone doesn't need to be that big!). As a matter of fact, that one and one from Singlestone are my front runners if I am ever able to get an AVC!

https://www.leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/view-all/antique-cushion-halo-ring-detail

And the Singlestone one that twosanguinehearts had temporarily:

singlestonesetting2a.jpg

singlestonesetting2b.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1378093692|3513423 said:
Yes, I very much like that last Legacy influenced setting as well! In fact, there is a Leon ring that is very similar and I will post the link. I do think a little larger halo would work better with that shank, though, as you can see on the Leon version (although the stone doesn't need to be that big!). As a matter of fact, that one and one from Singlestone are my front runners if I am ever able to get an AVC!

https://www.leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/view-all/antique-cushion-halo-ring-detail

And the Singlestone one that twosanguinehearts had temporarily:

Thanks DS! Yes, I love both of those as well! My eye is really starting to like the split shank/legacy. I agree that in the ERD Legacy/Cartier either the halo needs to be bigger or the end points on the split shank need to be a smaller melee size. I don't want to be able to see them from the face on view. I would want them to tuck up underneath the halo and only be seen from the side view. That Leon you posted is much better proportioned. I also saw this one on Leon's site with the split shank. https://www.leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/view-all/halo-ring-cushion-cut-diamonds-detail I am loving the AVC's too and ERD's A Cut beyond. I definitely want the chunkier faceted cushion!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results