shape
carat
color
clarity

Dark Lavender Drop Earrings and Pendant from PP:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Some of you may remember my first attempts at pearl photography -- when I posted about the lavender triple strand I had bought during the Mother's Day sale at PP. You can see those first photos and the thread here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-paradise-mothers-day-sale.188454/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-paradise-mothers-day-sale.188454/[/URL]

I then ordered lavender earrings which were a tad too light so I decided to return them.

I emailed Jeremy saying that I'd like large dark lavender drop pearls (my favorite shape for earrings) if he ever came across them. He said they were hard to find, but he would look for them personally. Well, Jeremy and Hisano found them on their last trip! First, Hisano offered pair and single choices:

Here are the 10-11 mm dark lavender pairs:

Here are the single drops:

And here are her personal choices for me (11-12 mm drops for earrings, 11.5 mm drop for pendant):

Guess which I chose.

10-11_mm_lavender_drops.jpg

lav-singles.jpg

11_-_12_mm_pairs_with_11.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Then I had to figure out what settings to use.

I was intrigued by the sturdiness of the classic setting, but also wanted a touch of bling.

I asked how they would look with the romantic setting, and asked Hisano's recommendation for gold color.

This is what I got back -- and now you almost know what I chose:

drops_with_romatic_setting.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I was torn because I liked the shapes of the top pair most -- but felt the second pair matched Hisano's choice of single drop for the pendant better. So I chose pair number two with the bottom drop, with the romantic setting in white gold.

Voila!

Here's an overview in fading light:

You can see the color varies with the lighting. The first picture was taken in a store with lots of windows. The next two were taken in my home with fading Northern light. The last was taken in the lowest natural light. The quality of the pearls is superb, as is the personalized customer service at PP. I feel this is an elegant, classic, simple set to add to my pearl wardrobe.

lavender_drop_earring_2.jpg

lavender_drop_earring.jpg

lavender_drop_pendant.jpg

lavender_drops_overview.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous. I love the drop shape for earrings.

Just read your earlier thread, and I'm wondering how these new earrings look with the lavender triple strand?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that last picture is the very best of them all!
great set and even better yet: you rock them!
congrats!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- Excellent question. Color-wise they're quite a nice match.

BUT, the earrings and pendant are in white gold settings and the necklace has a yellow gold clasp -- which I regretted pretty much immediately. But as I've stated before -- I pretty much worry that I chose the wrong color gold with each purchase. I'm learning to live with it. Besides, if I keep buying -- everything will have something in matching gold eventually, right?

Here is one of the earrings nestled in the triple strand:

movie zombie -- Thanks! I snapped that final shot last second because I realized my pictures didn't give an overview. Every now and then a picture turns out okay without fuss.

lavender_drop_earrings_with_lavender_triple_strand__2_0.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo they are so beautiful! I love the shape, color, and settings you chose ~ they are simply perfect :love: :love: I think you will be reaching for this set often.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1377035861|3506837 said:
BUT, the earrings and pendant are in white gold settings and the necklace has a yellow gold clasp -- which I regretted pretty much immediately.

The same thing happened with my blue green tahitians. My Kamoka studs have a yellow gold setting that you can definitely see when I am wearing them. When PP put together my strand and dangles they thought the white gold looked much better, so I had them set that way. I still wear them together and try not to worry about it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the photo of the earring on the necklace pearls. That is a great color match.

Yes, don't worry about the metal colors. I've put a pearl with a white bail on a yellow gold chain, a pearl with a yellow bail on a red gold chain, a pearl with a sterling bale on a 14k yellow chain, and you know what? no one notices or cares. As I'm sure you realize, it takes a most careful viewer to notice the clasp at the back of your neck is different than the metal in your ears.

Heck, what I think did it for me was to realize that the queens and princesses in Britain wear platinum or white gold engagement rings with yellow gold wedding bands. If royality can do that, we commoners should be able to mix metal colors as well.

royal-wedding-ring-queen-elizabeth-fancywedding-wordpress.jpg

her_engagment_ring.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- very interesting! I did not know that royalty mixed their metals. I'll try to be cool about it... I'll try. I actually do wear my white metallic drops with white gold shepherd's hooks with my Fire Goddess with yellow gold chain. I figure she's so metallic and golden silver, she allows for mixed metals. Give it to the Goddess... powerful and forgiving.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set bsomlo. Is that the romantic setting you used for the earrings and pendant?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Yes, NacreLover, I decided to give it a try and like it very much. The classic setting is sturdy and has that nice "click" when you close it properly. And the little diamond adds a boost.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bsomlo,

You look amazing in the dark purple set! I feel sometimes ovals look more like "real pearls" than rounds! And the setting you chose is perfect, too! :love: :love: :love:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I adore these, and want some.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
beautiful lilac set- really stunning.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning set! Love them! The color is just gorgeous. Enjoy them and do not worry about mixing colors. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results