shape
carat
color
clarity

DF or San Francisco PS people!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to be in San Francisco on the big Mickey Mouse ship next week. The news makes it sound like Armageddon there with the fires, no water, no electricity...what's the truth? Will I get to dock and go to Alcatraz? ( I hope you are all safe!!!)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't live in SF...only the rich live there.. ;))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you talking about potential conditions in the city, or on the cruise ship? :wink2:

Electricity should be no problem - they haven't talked about the threat to SF's transmission lines in a few days now so it appears the worst of that threat is over. In any event, we're not dealing with heat wave conditions anywhere in the state, so they should be able to get electricity from elsewhere on the grid if need be; it would be a problem of cost, not supply.

San Francisco has been moving water from Hetch-Hetchy to other reservoirs all week so they'd be prepared if there was a problem with ash from the fire fouling Hetch-Hetchy. The latest word on that front is that there should be no immediate water quality problem, but they are concerned about the possibility that next spring's runoff into Hetch-Hetchy might contain enough ash to cause problems.

The Bay Bridge should be re-opened on Tuesday, possibly earlier, so traffic should be back to normal.

BTW I don't live in the City but I've been watching the fire news closely since my parents live in the foothills near the RIm Fire, though fortunately not in an area threatened by the fire. Your post reminds me that I get to the City to play one of these day. Enjoy your visit!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! That sounds much better! I am sure we will dock for supplies but I wondered about excursions and if services would be available. We have half day in Sausalito and half day at Alcatraz. DF, I thought maybe you lived at Alcatraz :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results