shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of my 15,48ct tanzanite?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's a parcel of fancy tanzanite I saw today. I didn't buy these because they were too small for me, most of the stones were under 3 cts, with many just around 1 ct. The price on these was twice the price of large blue stone, and about 9 times the price of normal blue tanzanite in the same sizes.

Somehow the colors got washed out in the upload to PS. The original picture is much more vibrant.

img_1130a.jpg

Tiger_Lily

Rough_Rock
wow - love the pastels. The vibrant violets is just fab. So I guess the fancy ones are harder to find?!

Tiger_Lily

Rough_Rock
My newest addition. 12,09ct heated tanzanite. Without and with flash. 12_09.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiger_Lily|1377262962|3508560 said:
My newest addition. 12,09ct heated tanzanite. Without and with flash. 12_09.jpg

You certainly love your tanzanite, lol!! :bigsmile:

Tiger_Lily

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux|1377281714|3508748 said:
You certainly love your tanzanite, lol!! :bigsmile:

:lickout: I really love the 15,48 heart. Thats a perfect one ;-)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Green is caused primarily by chromium and some vanadium. The less vanadium the more "pure" the green and on the flipside the less chromium the green tends to be more yellowish or bluish.
I, like Gene, have spoken to Steve on many occasions regarding all things...well...all things..LOL Steve is very hands on and cultured in rough stones that is for sure.
This stone won't fetch any premium and it suffers from "mismatched sock syndrome".
Is it green ...is it blue(violet).....it doesn't know what it wants to be!
In a world where purity is key, this stone falls in between since it's not predominantly green nor a good blue(violet). This hurts it.
Now green and blue(violet) together is not always bad when it's seperated like a bi-color stone. The two mixed is icky to me.
This is a fringe stone.
It is my understanding that the greens were found in a certain layer or zone and anything above or below that zone, however wide or thick it was, produced almost no good greens if any. This makes sense when you think of how the chromium got there in the first place and how it's not laying about in all the strata but lingers in only a certain country rock in a particular layer/zone.

The days of the good greens are passed, or so they say,....not sure who they is but if you see them ask if they have seen my wallet,......and any good greens that come out are stockpiled material, an anomaly, or they breached a new zone. That is my understanding at least.

If anyone wants the G & G report on green zoisite and you know how to find me I will email it to you

The dude over at that tanzy one place in that country that starts with a T, said 99+ years of reserves left on tanzanite. This is not counting the fabled and oft rumoured vaults in India that supposedly hold mountains of good rough ....but....that may just be a fisherman's tale.
A ternary plot I drawed up a few years back showing the relationship(yes i know it's "drew up" but I like to add some southern twang to my post) (molar proportions) of Fe(Iron), Cr(Chromium), and V(vanadium). To prevent bunching up of the plots and easier clarity Cr has been multiplied by 15 and Fe by 25.
These are plotted from a number of samples ...I think it was MP2 that tested the samples but I can't recall exactly it's been awhile.
Bet you didn't know there was a tanzanite deposit in kenya at the top end of the Mozam Orogenic belt....did ya....did ya!!!

Here is another plot I drew up showing the relationship between color, Cr, and V concentrations. The line is where Cr and V are equal. This one doesn't show the the relationship of iron just FYI

and of course my bi-color which was sold to a gentleman some of you know who cut the hell out of it and sold the finished stones.
(it's twice as big as your thumb)

ternary_plot_for_tanzanite.jpg

new_cr_and_v_molar_concentrations.jpg

tanzy_5.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results