shape
carat
color
clarity

Any cheeseheads on board?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all,

We will be in Greenbay WI the middle of Sept. for my nephews wedding. Staying at the Tundra Lodge Resort where the reception is. Would like to make a mini trip out of it and see some sites as neither of us have been around here before. I've been told by the brides mom and aunt that a trip through Door County is a must. Anything/any place in particular along that way we should see/try/eat at? And anything in surrounding area worth traveling to?

Just an FYI, not interested in wineries or football. Would love the names of great eateries, specialty shops, parks.

Thanks in advance! :wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Total cheesehead here, LOVE the Packers!!! My daughter lives in Green Bay. Even if you hate football, stop at lambeau field down the street and take a look, it's a magnificent stadium. In door county, Peninsula state park ( fish creek) has bike rentals, hiking and a beach. For more fun, take the ferry at the tip to Washington island, its a nice boat ride and it also has lovely hiking. In Green Bay everyone swears by Cheesecake Heaven, on Oneida st about five minutes from the Tundra. The cheesecake is fab but I thought the sandwiches just ok. Green Bay is all about football, not much else. Everyone in town, (including me in Chicago) owns a share of the team. Being season that's all you will see, green and gold pride everywhere. Have a great time!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't give you any advice on Green Bay, but I just wanted to say hi, Ellen! :wavey:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
April, thanks for all the info!

Yeah, I'm sure hubby will want to see the stadium, maybe that can be a "guy" outing. ::) There's a game Sunday after the wedding, so the lodge raised our Sat. night rate 100.00..... :o

The ferry ride sounds nice, I bet it's beautiful. I just realized that hubby's sister and husband will most likely be with us, and any hiking/bike riding will be out.... Unless they find something to do and we can slip away.... I'd really love to go for a hike!

I will keep Cheesecake Heaven in mind as well. And thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Hello my friend DS! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results