shape
carat
color
clarity

Signing off at #1

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
It's been 3 years on the LIW list and 8 years with my SO, I'm THRILLED to finally say that we're engaged! This past Saturday was our 8 year anniversary, the perfect time for him to pop the question.

The Story ~ That morning he kissed me good-bye as he left for work and said happy anniversary and that he'd try to be home soon. About an hour later the door bell rang, he had flowers delivered. Another hour goes by and the door bell rings again, this time it's a stuffed bear with a balloon attached that says "I love you". I called him to say thanks and see when he would be home, he said very soon and to stay home and wait for him. The door bell rings once more, this time 2-dozen chocolate dipped strawberries we delivered (breakfast! LOL). About 25mins. later he's finally home from work. I had a crushing headache all day and didn't feel like getting dressed up fancy so we just went to a casual vietnamese restaurant for dinner, then a stroll along the waterfront. The night ended with us watching movies downstairs, SO lit some candles to set the mood for our special occasion. I wasn't expecting anything since we were just hanging out at home watching movies in track pants. It wasn't until SO asked me what was all delivered to the house that day, then he told me that one thing wasn't delivered. He told me to close my eyes and then he'd go get it for me, I decided to just cover myself with a blanket instead of closing my eyes LOL! When SO told me it was ok to look he was on one knee and said a million sweet little things I can hardly remember because I was so emotional! We both cried and of course, I said YES :love: The rest of the night we spent watching movies and went for a walk to look at the ring under street lights and got caught in a rainstorm!

The Ring ~ He surprised me and created it all by himself with our local jeweller. The centre stone is a GIA 1.5ct round brilliant, G colour, I1 (slight feather when it's in certain lighting and 2" from your eyes; doesn't bother me at all). The sides are .50ctw baguettes that throws off nice bold flashes. For reference my ring finger is a size 7 and the pictures were taken with my iphone.

psring.jpg

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Congrats Glitz! Such a cute proposal story. I love that he kept having little "gifts" delivered all day and still managed to surprise you that night! AND THAT ROCK!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: He did such a great job! SO THRILLED FOR YOU! YAY!!!

I guess 1 is a pretty lucky number :naughty:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
awww love that he had gifts delivered to you all day!! I have this great image of you hiding under the blanket waiting (unknowingly) for him to propose teehee. Congratulations lady!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Such a beautiful, classic ring!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
OMG YAY!!! :)) :)) :)) :appl: :appl: :appl:

I couldn't be more happy for you Glitz!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisycakes617

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet story and beautiful ring! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Gorgeous ring - looks incredible on your hands and that setting ... SWEET coverage!!

What a guy - wonderful proposal! Flowers, chocolates, candles, food... um... YES!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Eyeclean I1s are my FAAAAAAAAAVORITE!!!! You know you need to post more photos, right? :lickout:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a romantic story and your ring is gorgeous.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome story and gorgeous ring! Wishing you nothing but the best!! :appl: :appl: :love:

ndc923

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring and story! Best of luck!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your proposal story sounds wonderful, just like your new fiance! And the ring is really beautiful too!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
what a wonderful proposal story! I love it! Congrats!!! :appl:

What a beautiful ring!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yea!! Congratulations to the two of you. After eight years together in a relationship you know you have found your one.

Love the RB classic wear it in good health.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, my dear! I couldn't be happier for you! :love:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is 'old news', but I couldn't leave it alone without posting my ENORMOUS CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so excited for you! :appl: :appl:

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Congrats and cute story. Love Vietnamese food :) Stunning ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results