shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Pink Over 1.00 CT - Do they exist

sdm29

Rough_Rock
I'm new to the whole MMD space, but I'm looking for a round pink over 1.00 ct. Do these exists?

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It appears not. No one grows pinks--they grow yellows and irradiate them. But based on what I see on D.Nea in order for the pink color to go all the way through a thick stone they need to apply enough radiation for it to come out purplish-red instead of pink. The other option is to leave it yellow in the center in which case it's peach, not pink.

You might consider a pink sapphire or a spinel. They are sturdy enough for a ring, decently priced and come in some very pretty colors. However they will not have the same optics or sparkle as a diamond.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
ChristineRose|1376877275|3505683 said:
It appears not. No one grows pinks--they grow yellows and irradiate them. But based on what I see on D.Nea in order for the pink color to go all the way through a thick stone they need to apply enough radiation for it to come out purplish-red instead of pink. The other option is to leave it yellow in the center in which case it's peach, not pink.

What she said. You can get lovely pinks in half carat sizes. Larger than that and it's more likely to be peach coloured!

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results