shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your wedding jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Finding the perfect dress was a cinch, so why is finding the right accessories such a hassle?!?! I'm starting get frustrated by the whole search. This is the best I've found so far. I think the earrings are cute, but I'd like a necklace with a little more substance.
15771223.jpg

Does anyone know of a good site to find jewelry? Please share what you're wearing. Thanks!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, forgot to post the necklace.
15770902.jpg

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Oooo... Very pretty! I think that would be fantastic!

I''m wearing pearls as well. I just bought a 16-inch strand of 9.5 or 10mm pearls to wear as a necklace and two pearl studs. I''m trying to keep everything with the wedding very simple/preppy and what could be better for that than pearls?

I got my pearls for Christmas and I loved them so much that I ran out and bought fake ones to wear at work because they''re a bit too valuable to wear except on special occassions. If anyone is looking for fake pearls, I would highly recommend Majorica pearls. They are made by taking a glass bead and adding about 30 layers of crushed mother of pearl. They really mimic the color, sheen and weight of real pearls but are a lot cheaper.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I bought some $15 cubic zirconia pave earrings with a very light pink stone in the center. They are beautiful and sparkle so much... you can''t tell that they aren''t real. We are having a super expensive wedding, so I can''t afford to buy the real thing right now. Plus, I don''t think if I did buy the real thing, I would ever be able to wear them more than once anyway... would be too fancy. My veil has some really light pink beading in it, so it is going to be perfect.

I think the pearl earrings that you have posted are a beautiful choice. If you are ordering your pearls over the internet, make sure that you are getting the right color to compliment your dress.

I am not wearing a necklace because I had straps built on my strapless dress... I was so concerned about it falling off of me. So, it doesn''t look so empty now. Buy a bridal magazine that has a lot of pictures of brides to get necklace ideas... then you should be able to order it from the back of the magazine.

Are you wearing a tiera or haircombs? I got a haircomb that looks like a small tiera (without the headache of a tiera), and it will add a lot of sparkle. It isn''t too big... just perfect. If you are wearing pearl earrings, then I would get a tiera or hair comb that had a few pearls in it as well.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wearing just these diamond chandelier earrings no necklace. I kind of like the bare neck look with big earrings.

diearrings.JPG

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t decided yet. Diamonds or pearls? What''s a girl to do?
9.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I'm posting my dress & veil so you can see what I'm trying to accessorize. The bodice has intricate lace and pearl detailing which is carried onto the edge of the mantilla. Pearls are the obvious jewelry choice, but I think it might be nice to have some white gold and diamonds accents to tie in with my rings. The reason I think I need a more substantial necklace is because the strapless dress makes me feel bare. Another thought was that a simple neckalce might be lost with such a detailed bodice. Now I'm not so sure... Any thoughts considering the dress?

Abradabra,
Great choice! I love the idea of a simple pearl necklace and studs. They are definitely classic and elegant. The only reason I haven't gone for the same thing was the idea of incorporationg elements from the rings like I mentioned above. I might be changing my mind about that soon though.
25.gif

Windy,
Thanks for the suggestions; you've given me a lot of food for thought. I did a prelim search through some of my mags and found that models are seldom wearing jewelry with the dresses (guess the designers don't want anything competing with the dresses). I think I'll have to take some time this weekend to do a thorough search thru the "real weddings" portions of the mags and see what's going on there.

Elepri,
What can I say... Those earrings are absolutely stunning. Who needs a necklace when you have some bling like that!

lmurden,
Who knew jewelry would be such a challenge! My issues is just that, having to choose btwn diamonds and pearls. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too... or can I?
2.gif

1.gif
Thanks for the feedback, everyone, it's much appreciated
1.gif

LBsDress.jpg

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Lolly,
Thanks for the compliment, i love these earrings too. I love the mantilla you''re wearing, it''s quite elaborate so i know what you mean about not wanting your jewelry to get lost. I think if you can''t decide between pearls and diamonds, how about doing both? Check out americanpearl.com, they have some really nice stuff with and without diamonds.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I''m a minimalist, Lollybear, but I think that a plain pearl necklace and earrings would go fabulous with that dress!!! Or, the ones you posted already... something more understated in terms of bling. I think the bodice is quite fancy, so maybe something simple will complement, not compete? I dunnos!! Good luck w/your search... I''ll keep my eye out for pretty pearl/diamond combos.
1.gif
1.gif

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I know I mentioned a tiera to you before... but that was before I saw your dress. My dress has lots of sparkle in it, so the tiera looks good. Your dress seems more romantic and soft, so I think sparkles should be kept to a minimum. Pearls are an awesome choice for your dress. The earrings that you posted will be perfect.... just enough sparkle.

You could always get a necklace that you like and take it on your next gown fitting. I think that your dress is lovely without a necklace. If a dress is super pretty (which yours is), then a necklace can only take away from the gown instead of add to it.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Flopkins, my problem with a plain pearl necklace and earrings is that it''s just that! Plain! Although at the end of the day you can''t go wrong with pearls.
1.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why I was under the impression that I needed a big necklace, momentary insanity I guess.
37.gif

I''m so glad I started this thread as I''ve come to realize that anything other than a simple necklace would end up looking gaudy. I shudder
32.gif
to think of what I might have ended up in.
Thank you all for bringing me to my senses.
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I got this necklace with matching earings. The necklace looks awesome on because it''s a strand of pearls and then the pearls below seem to float from nowhere AND the wriggle and sway when you move but the necklace pearls do not. It has a great effect from a distance.

floatingpearls.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Here's the necklace that I am getting. It's very pretty; I love it.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
oops forgot to attach the picture.

jewelryset.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki i like that set! where''d you get it from?!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to the Swarovski store after work today to pick up this set (they only have one necklace left or I''d wait til the weekend). The necklace has the added substance I was looking for without being overwhelming. All the input really helped, thanks a lot!
AJ1505213P0.jpg
AJ1502732P0.jpg

Erin & Qtiekiki,
Both those necklaces are gorgeous, the movement with the dangling pearls sound wonderful. I went for that with the earring since I decided to keep my necklace simple. Keep it coming, ladies! Even though I''ve found my set, I still loving seeing what you all are wearing.
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The one I posted is from the Robinsons May website. It is Monet; they have it at Macy''s also. There is a similar (almost identical) necklace and earrings set at Thing Remembered. I seen both the Monet and the Things Remembered ones at the store and they are both very pretty. It goes very well with my new tiara (I changed my mind since the last post about wearing tiara). Here''s the new tiara.
190lg2.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
If you had hair like this (as I do) and you were wearing the pearl necklace shown above matching drop earings, and a heavily pearl beaded sleeveless gown, would you put any ornamentation in/atop your head?

I''m thinking a veil could look silly without longer hair or an updo - same thing with the tiara - no hair to hide the combs.

Any suggestions? Or just go bare since I have other adornments?

halleshorthair.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Better picture - pretty accurate

halleshorthair1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Erin- I think you could DEFINITELY wear a tiara. I think it would look very pretty. They make ones without combs (like the one qtiekiki posted right above your post). I think a veil would be fine too.. you might just need one that will hook to the tiara instead of one that attaches with a comb.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m considering this ...

PP31400900_zoom.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Also these matching earrings

PE31400700_zoom.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I have this already but I might get it set in platinum and change the chain. I''ll see how much it will cost. I''m thinking that I will only get diamonds set in platinum for future purchases because it really brings of the whiteness and brightness of the diamond. I must say that it has been very hard for me to make the transition to wearing white metals since I think that yellow gold looks better on my complexion.

DP08301000_zoom.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Here are the matching earrings that I have and the same yellow gold dilemma

ES00000100_zoom.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought this necklace from Avon of all places! I got a free shipping coup & decided to order a lipstick color that I've been waiting months for them to get in stock... ANYWAY
2.gif
I was browsing sale items & came across this $10 (!) necklace which i think will look *purty* w my simple wedding gown & diamond stud earrings
30.gif
My dress color is "pearl" so i was hoping to find a necklace w some sparkle (to tie in my diamond stud earrings) & some pearls...
35.gif

Btw, everyone's jewelry looks luvly!!
36.gif

Let's see if i can get this pic to attach...
1.gif

PROD_0274599_LG.gif

"Rhinestone Pearlesque Vine Necklace"

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2005 9:14:50 AM
Author: Erin
Better picture - pretty accurate
Erin,

I will have the same problem (havent started planning anything yet). My hair is very short and spiked ike this all the time. I thought about a tiara b/c my best friend had the same haircut and wore one. It looked divine. I havent thought this thru completely, but what about a few strategically placed diamondish rhinestones? That''s an easy thing to play with. I think a pack is like only $5.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Lollybear - where did you find those earrings?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Those are nice lollybear where did you get them? I''m wearing pearls too.
Thinking of these.

http://www.premiumpearl.com/akoya-pearl-earrings-2546.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results