shape
carat
color
clarity

Multiple Wedding Ceremonies?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/again-more-couples-opting-multiple-ceremonies-154521705.html

Discuss.

This is something normal to many Chinese weddings, as we also incorporate a Tea Ceremony. But it's usually done the morning of the wedding, and is usually only for family and very close friends.

From what I learned in the last few years from SO, Muslim/Pakistani tradition also has multiple ceremonies. The mahendi ceremony occurs from a few days to a few weeks prior to the nikkah, which is the actual Muslim wedding ceremony where papers are signed or whatever.

What about you ladies? Is this something you're thinking about? Even if it isn't culturally related?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think one (hopefully shortened) ceremony will be enough for us...much less multiple ceremonies. Neither of us would have the patience to sit through that, and although I do love my background and want to honor certain traditions, it's not something that is typically done even with modern couples in Taiwan anymore (my cousin who got married last fall was an exception apparently).

I think this is a great discussion to open up though as I don't know much about other cultural traditions and what they incorporate in their wedding ceremonies! I have a vague idea that Indian weddings involve many days of prayer, partying, dancing, etc. and that the entire event must be on an auspicious day that has been approved by a seer of some sort. There was a girl in my class who got married after our 3rd year of school and had to miss several of our capstone activities because that was the day that had been picked a year in advance for their special day.

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
I think I'll try to do a formal tea ceremony within a few days of the wedding. My brother didn't do one, and I feel like my mom wished they had one. It'll be a semi big but casual affair, with the groom coming down the street with gifts, a huge roasted pig, and luncheon after. Some friends try to do a small tea thing in a hustle/bustle of wedding day/reception, but it's just so hurried. I'm not 100% sure but with some family from out of town, it'll be one of those events where we hang out anyway.

I've had some friends do Indian weddings, those things are like a week of events. Something at brides and grooms, mendhi, actual ceremony, reception, etc..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results