shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions for this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

floyde

Rough_Rock
Hi guys

I have been done some searching and given advice from the good people here and found a stone that might be right.

Item Code: AGS-5351509
Price: $8,820.00
Report: AGS
Hearts and Arrows
Carat: 1.040
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.9
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown %: 15
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: 1.2%-1.8%FACETED
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.54-6.58X4.00

I just want to know if a hearts and arrows stone will be discernably different from one with similar specs without using the special viewer.

I also would like to know if anyone has bought from whiteflash before and what is their opinion?

Many thanks!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Floyde:

I am glad you are considering this stone. I think it's the diamond off the thread I posted as an option to you the other day isn't it?

If so, I took a look and this diamond is beautiful. I attached the real photo of your possible diamond along with the IS image. The blown up photo looks really good with the primary faint white inclusion being at around 7
6.gif

The IS shows a good blend of blacks and reds which will provide excellent contrast with minimal blatant leakage.

I think in the realm of light performance WF's stones are top notch. You will be able to observe the arrows image in diffuse light (overcast day, or shade under a tree etc..) Cut is critical in returning light to your eye's back through the crown and large differences are apparent to me from the other commercial cuts on the market.

This stone is definitely worth your consideration..This is from a 2 time customer..
9.gif

floydsstone.JPG

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
That looks great!

Is that an old line ACA?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Noobie..Shame on you..
6.gif

Check out the article I wrote in the diamond glossary on the differences under the ideal-scope and how to spot the old line (Classic Line) and new line.

The leakage around the girdle should give you the answer?
21.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2005 11:13:28 PM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut
Noobie..Shame on you..
6.gif

Check out the article I wrote in the diamond glossary on the differences under the ideal-scope and how to spot the old line (Classic Line) and new line.

The leakage around the girdle should give you the answer?
21.gif

Are you joshing me
2.gif
I thought it was a classic based on the leakage. Does this mean I need to get two of my own to do a taste test?
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are correct Noobie..It is a Classic or as you referred to as "Old Line"..

Good job Grass Hopper...
21.gif

floyde

Rough_Rock
Hi, yes indeed it was the one that you recommended me to take a look. It is indeed beautiful, and thanks for your recommendation and opinion.

I have also looked at some other stones at Whiteflash that aren''t H&A but are ideal cut. I would like your expert opinion if there would be any appreciable difference by the naked eye if I bought a non-H&A stone. is it just a nice thing to view under the viewer?

Thanks again Gemstone!!

floyde

Rough_Rock
Hi josh

Thanks for your help. I also saw this stone that is on Whiteflash. It''s not H&A but the scope view looks pretty good. how does this compare?

Thanks!

Item Code: GIA-13681072

Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.00
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.6
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.8
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.51-6.53X3.95

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Floyde:

I attached photo''s again.

Compared between the 2 the second stone from the Expert Selection line combines the best value for the money. This stone didn''t quite meet the exacting standards of the ACA branding, but it is beautiful stone with crisp arrows.

Pricewise your looking at saving yourself about $700 bucks. You can use this for the setting. Your still above the carat mark which is great and because your not paying the premium for the ACA you were able to go up in clarity to vs1.

All in all I like this stone and the IS image again shows the stone will have great contrast and I am impressed at the value for the price point on this stone. It looks really close to being a H&A''s to me.

Good Choice and just to give you a heads up there is a discount if you were decide to purchase this stone and pay by wire.
35.gif

floyde2.JPG

floyde

Rough_Rock
hi josh, many many thanks for your indepth and elaborate replies. I appreciate your help greatly!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second one better than the first, mainly for the value. Judging from the idealscope this looks like this could be a new line ACA that just didn''t make the grade for whatever reason. It looks stunning. Near ACA for a good price... I hope you have this one on hold
2.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/3/2005 12:15:57 AM
Author: floyde
hi josh, many many thanks for your indepth and elaborate replies. I appreciate your help greatly!
No Problem Floyde...Let us know if you decide on one of these stones??..

They are both no doubt stunning...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results