shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS Registered Insured Now Avail with Priority Mail?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
USPS.....

Be aware that the post office irradiates many of the shipments if not all of them.

This can cause damage to the diamond, or other jewelry.

Secondly, if USPS loses the shipment, getting a claim through isn''t so great, as Parcel Pro etc.

IF the box gets damaged, they are stinkers to get a claim paid.

I had a box a couple of years ago, that I sent registered, which had a lab piece of equipment in it. It was marked FRAGILE...all over the box. I saw this happen!!!! I handed it to the clerk after paying for it, and she threw it in a pile. As a result part of it was damaged, and it cost me an extra $ 400.00 to have it fixed, for a part that wasn''t broken when I shipped it. It was insured for a total loss value of $ 4000.00

When the repair service returned the package they had removed the USPS label from my shipment to them. Because of that, USPS refused to pay the claim, even though I had the bills, a letter from the repair man about the damage, and the insurance slips, and cancelled check to them. Even though I witnessed what was most likely the incdient that caused the breakage, they still were extremely rude, arrogant and stubborn about paying the difference in the repair bill.

All the carriers hate to pay claims for damage. For loss they are easier, as they don''t have much reason to stand on. The trade insurers like Parcel Pro etc. are a lot more responsible, and I have an time agreement with them, as to when the claim must be paid.

Using Fedex and UPS, I have never had a claim, and they''ve never lost a package. I did have another item damaged in shipment through UPS, but it was packed by Mail Boxes, so I couldn''t go after UPS since Mail Boxes was the shipper of record. A nightmare of a situation, that I never did get paid for.

Registered Mail is safe as far as loss, but for damaged items, be prepared for a battle.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results