shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Shameless Showoffs: Show Me Your Bling!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, ksmom! I am feeling that marquise!! :love: (2 years ago I'd bet money that would have never come out of my mouth! :lol: )

All of your rings are so pretty!! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an antique. The setting is original to the stone. I'm the third owner. It was a family heirloom that was passed down a few generations in an affluent family in CT, then sold to a lady who wore it for decades before she had to sell it before going into a retirement home. She told the dealer that she didn't want to be known as Miss Rocks. Cute.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
msop04 said:
Wow, ksmom! I am feeling that marquise!! :love: (2 years ago I'd bet money that would have never come out of my mouth! :lol: )

All of your rings are so pretty!! :appl:

Thank you msop! I know how you feel, I hadn't thought of myself as a marquise person until I started noticing vintage pieces (deco, earlier than the 80s) with marquise center stones.

Your setting is beautiful and looks perfect on your hand! Loving all the eye candy here. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376518799|3503190 said:
It's an antique. The setting is original to the stone. I'm the third owner. It was a family heirloom that was passed down a few generations in an affluent family in CT, then sold to a lady who wore it for decades before she had to sell it before going into a retirement home. She told the dealer that she didn't want to be known as Miss Rocks. Cute.

Antique stones are my next diamond venture, I think... they are so charming!

Thank you so much, ksmom! :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1376517228|3503161 said:
I was at work (pharmacy) a few weeks ago and just thought my rings looked cool, so off I go to get my phone. I certainly got some funny looks as I stood in my cage and held my hand just right...

"I'm sorry, mom with sick child... you're antibiotic can wait until I snap this pic." I mean, geez! :rolleyes: :lol:

pharmacy.jpg

I'M DYING... THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, in a constant state of distraction. How do you explain that to the auto insurance adjuster?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1376517228|3503161 said:
I was at work (pharmacy) a few weeks ago and just thought my rings looked cool, so off I go to get my phone. I certainly got some funny looks as I stood in my cage and held my hand just right...

"I'm sorry, mom with sick child... you're antibiotic can wait until I snap this pic." I mean, geez! :rolleyes: :lol:

pharmacy.jpg

I'M DYING... THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, in a constant state of distraction. How do you explain that to the auto insurance adjuster?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow ksmom, you've got quite a collection. Do you have a photo of ALL your jewelry together, like one of those Show Me ALL Your Bling ones?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376517533|3503167 said:
HAHA!!! I, too, embarrassingly enough to say :oops: , have pissed off people at a red light cus the lighting was too perfect. SHHHH don't tell the cops that!

Here, I took these pics last week and they were still on my phone. Took them early in the morning, when the lighting was good, but it made my fingers look like orange lanterns.

sidebysidehasoidhasod.jpg

Missy, if I ever visit Jersey, I'll let you know :)) I'll steal your hubby's chair, and we'll sit there, sipping on wine (I don't actually drink wine lol but it sounds fancy), and snapping photos of our jewelry while the men face palm themselves.

it's like an Andy Warhol, except with diamonds!! I love it!!!!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
madelise said:
Wow ksmom, you've got quite a collection. Do you have a photo of ALL your jewelry together, like one of those Show Me ALL Your Bling ones?

Thank you Madelise! My collection is humble by PS standards but I do love each of my pieces. I don't yet have a shot of all of them together- will try to take a group shot and post it in the 'show me all your bling' thread soon. I adore your new ring, that diamond is gorgeous and its buttercup-y setting is divine!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1376520383|3503221 said:
Fiiiiine. I shall play :)

Oh don't act like we're twisting your arm ;)) I know you have a million photos of them on your phone already.

Here's a little bit of movement from the "warhol" set of photos: http://youtu.be/gEQzfr2Jyvo

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksmom|1376519801|3503207 said:
madelise said:

Thank you Madelise! My collection is humble by PS standards but I do love each of my pieces. I don't yet have a shot of all of them together- will try to take a group shot and post it in the 'show me all your bling' thread soon. I adore your new ring, that diamond is gorgeous and its buttercup-y setting is divine!

Thank you, but it is not humble in the least! I already count 3 rings! Yes, take a "family portrait" :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GOD, this setting is gorgeous! One of the prettiest and most unique of the Tacori pieces. Are the baguettes hard to keep clean? ...because they look fab! :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376520923|3503229 said:
ksmom|1376519801|3503207 said:
madelise said:

Thank you, but it is not humble in the least! I already count 3 rings! Yes, take a "family portrait" :bigsmile:

I wish my collection was this humble. :shock: ;)) :lol:

D

Deactivated member 42515

madelise|1376520766|3503226 said:

Oh don't act like we're twisting your arm ;)) I know you have a million photos of them on your phone already.

Here's a little bit of movement from the "warhol" set of photos: http://youtu.be/gEQzfr2Jyvo

Mmmmmmm movement!! I looooove movement!

You're right Madelise! It's bling, dog, bling, dog, bling, dog. :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my recent upgrade: :bigsmile:

img_3891_-_version_2.jpg

img_3884_-_version_2.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

msop04|1376521013|3503232 said:

GOD, this setting is gorgeous! One of the prettiest and most unique of the Tacori pieces. Are the baguettes hard to keep clean? ...because they look fab! :love:
THANKS! Not at all! My ring stays pretty clean. But then again, I clean them like a crazy person. First soak them in Mr. Clean ammonia free cleaner with hot water, then get a teeny toothbrush and brush out all the crevices, then I steam them with my Jewel Jet. It's not everyday tho! Just every time I take them off for the day. :lol:

D

Deactivated member 42515

You have created a monster. I shall be here forever!!!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1376521917.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Please YT, can you point me to the thread about that super sweet eternity band that looks like emerald cuts?? I've been thinking about one, and so desperately wanted to see one that isn't huge but still is visible.

I love your whole set btw... :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1376511034|3503031 said:
My mom's ring. Tried it on and snapped a bunch of pics while she left the room because yes, she thinks (knows) I'm nuts.

1.3 ct BGS JVS1 with pear sides in yellow gold.

Rosebloom, I love the pics of this in dark lighting. It actually makes the stone look whiter. It's ok. It's just a matter of time before you make her nuts too. I did it to my mom. She now has a 2 carat-er. :Up_to_something: Evil daughter!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1376521939|3503246 said:

OK. LOVE THIS PIC. I especially love how you have used step cut side stones with your old cut diamond. Really distinctive. love......

D

Deactivated member 42515

LLJsmom said:

Please YT, can you point me to the thread about that super sweet eternity band that looks like emerald cuts?? I've been thinking about one, and so desperately wanted to see one that isn't huge but still is visible.

Hiya! I actually never made a separate thread about it! And it just half ways around. It's the matching band that goes with my ering. .68ctw I believe. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376478906|3502676 said:
Shamelessly show off your bling without any guilt. Over post, over indulge, and share share share! This is for all those times you are sitting on your deck and realize that the lighting is just AH-MAY-ZING and you need to take out your cellphone camera and take a million photos. It's a shame no one else gets to see those hundreds of pictures on your phone's photo album! Share away here, guilt free! Even better if you add your own crazy anecdote of what you did to get some bling bling pictures. Were you in public, and needed to pretend to text someone? Did you stop your hubby mid-conversation to borrow his camera phone? Do your hubby and your closest friends think you are officially certifiably nuts? :naughty: Share away!

madelise, what have you started??!!! A complete bling free for all!!!! OMG. I have STUFF to do!! ;-)

D

Deactivated member 42515

LLJsmom said:
YT|1376521939|3503246 said:

OK. LOVE THIS PIC. I especially love how you have used step cut side stones with your old cut diamond. Really distinctive. love......

Oh and when I bought the band, I bought it as a baguette diamond band but people at the last gtg were puzzled at what type of cut it was. Some thought some sort of carre cut. Hmmm interesting!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1376521204|3503235 said:

My dream upgrade... ahhhhhhh....... {pause for a moment of silence} ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1376522347|3503255 said:
LLJsmom said:

Hiya! I actually never made a separate thread about it! And it just half ways around. It's the matching band that goes with my ering. .68ctw I believe. :)

Only .68ctw?? Really??? They look big, I mean big enough to see. I thought step cuts had to be quite sizeable, when on the smaller side in order for the cuts to be visible. Can you please provide more deets? Color? Clarity? Would you mind sharing a picture from a distance? More pics please?? It's soooo pretty...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just hanging out reading PS

_8823.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1376521204|3503235 said:

MOM2BOYS...

TWO WORDS.