shape
carat
color
clarity

AGA and sarin reports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Does AGA do sarin reports as well? I didn''t see anything about it on their website. I am taking my diamond there to be examined next week(when I get the ring) Is a GIA report crucial to getting a AGA cert? My jeweler said my dimaond was taken in for a sarin report, but the guy didn''t have the right machine (or something like that) to accurately measure a cushion cut diamond. Does that sound right?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/2/2005 11
6.gif
3:58 PM
Author:Sunni79
Does AGA do sarin reports as well? I didn't see anything about it on their website. I am taking my diamond there to be examined next week(when I get the ring) Is a GIA report crucial to getting a AGA cert? My jeweler said my dimaond was taken in for a sarin report, but the guy didn't have the right machine (or something like that) to accurately measure a cushion cut diamond. Does that sound right?
AGA does do Sarin's. If you ask Dave may even do the Lindy for ya.
emsmilep.gif
Having a GIA is not *crucial* but it is highly recommended no matter where you get the stone appraised. Concerning whether or not a person had the right marchine or not to measure the stone doesn't make sense because all Sarin's can measure cushions. Some Sarin's even allow themselves to be taught new shapes and cuts too.

Peace,

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! Is there an additional fee for the sarin report? I am taking my diamond there next week. It will be well within my 7 day return policy.
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/2/2005 11:34:41 PM
Author: Sunni79
Thanks so much! Is there an additional fee for the sarin report? I am taking my diamond there next week. It will be well within my 7 day return policy.
1.gif
Good for you Christine. I happen to know most of the crew there at AGA and you are in for an enjoyable experience. I believe the Sarin is part of the service you''ll be receiving with Atlas & Co. as well as the expertise of one of the appraisal consultants you''ll be speaking with. They''ve been in the biz a long time and have a very solid rep so take heed to their advice. Dave just got a new toy that will give you an idea of the stones light performance too if that''s up and running, as well as digitally grading color and clarity as well (though those features weren''t up when we were there).

Good luck on your trip and let us know how it all turns out.

Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results