shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby eternity: how to judge it?

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
I adore my simple YG wedding band but confess I wish it had a sparkly eternity friend. I've narrowed my preferences:

1) a pair of slim diamond eternities to stack.

2) A stand alone diamond eternity to replace my YG band.

3) A color gemstone eternity. Rubies appeal the most.

Numbers 1 and 2 above will take a little longer to get the funds together. In the meantime, I found a pretty ring within budget but now I'm stumped. I'm inexperienced with judging the quality of the stones, the setting and what a fair price should be offered. It's about 800, what do you think of it? It's also 14k YG but perhaps a quarter size too small. However, there is a return policy.

Could we use this post as a starting point for a general discussion on how to judge gemstone eternities?

ruby_1.jpg

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Maybe I'm chewing off too much at once. Could I ask for opinions of the band pictured above?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most such coloured stone eternity are not of good quality and isn't worth the time to verify treatment in the first place. Assume heat treatment at the very least, diffused and lead glass filled at the very worst. That being the case, the key things to look for is transparency and bright red colouration.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Gotcha. Thanks to you both for your helpful responses.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results