shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dsmntlr

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 7:39:27 AM
Author: AGBF
What is a ''standard size ring'' and why does such a thing exist?

Deb
By standard ring size I was referring to the size of the actual ring that goes on her finger. It turns out that kaleigh was correct. All Tiffany rings are made in size 6 and then resized based on the size of the woman''s actual finger if the size is within 2 ring sizes. In cases where it''s more or less and 2, Tiffany creates a new setting from scratch for the stone based on the needed size.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it''s great that you found something you are happy with....that''s all that matters!! well, that and, that she says "yes"
2.gif

best of luck to you!!!

dsmntlr

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 12:17:24 PM
Author: solange
I think the premium you paid at Tiffany was well worth it because you got to see a great selection of stones, got excellent service and wound up with exactly what you wanted. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with your choice and I am sure she will love it. It was a
smart move to go with the VS1 instead of VVS. Color, cut and size are visible but inclusions in a VS stone will be very small and insignificant and will not in any way interfere with the beauty of the stone but will affect the price.

My ring is an SI2 and, although I know where the inclusions are, I cannot find them without a loupe even though the stone is quite large. This was not an engagement ring. It was an anniversary present my husband insisted that I have. I felt it was an extravagance since I have a beautiful engagement ring so I wanted to keep the price down and get an ideally proportioned stone that looks great and is larger than my engagement ring. Pricescope was perfect for me.

In your case, you had obviously studied the situation carefully and knew exactly what you were getting and how to compare prices. Many people who buy at Tiffany are not as enlightened as you are and may be guided by a salesperson. They may wind up with a smaller or more expensive stone of higher color and clarity than necessary because they have not done any research.You knew exactly what you wanted and got it. I congratulate you on your purchase and your trip to Oregon to save 1700. You really knew what you were doing. Best wishes on your forthcoming engagement. I hope your future is as bright and beautiful as the ring. You sound like a really smart guy and you are getting off to a great start with this ring.
Thanks a ton for the post. I do feel like I got to see and learn a ton, both at Tiffany''s as well as with Internet vendors and knowledgeable people on this forum. I''m also confident that there is a very high probability that in the future I will be making other diamond purchases via the Internet and vendors on this board. I have been very impressed with the quality of product, service, and transparency.

Thanks for the best wishes!!

dsmntlr

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 1:11:22 PM
Author: codex57
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Let us know how the proposal turns out too.

I agree with Lord Summerisle. Being absolutely comfortable and satisfied with the ring is the most important. Everyone values different aspects of a stone differently. Some value price (or value actually). Some want the best specs. Most want a combo. But everyone''s different. In the end, you have to be happy with your choice, not what others think you should have gotten. My stone and the price I paid prolly falls a little outside of teh PriceScope norm too, but I got great help here and I''m totally happy with the ring. More importantly, my fiance is totally happy with the ring and my decision making process that led to it (I told her most of the story afterwards, but not about PS in case she reads my posts hahaha).
Being comfortable is absolutely the key. Knnowledge is power as far as that''s concerned, and Pricescope is a formidable weapon! :)

Good advice on making Pricescope the secret weapon!

Thanks for the congratulations, I think the next 2 weeks are going to take forever!!!

dsmntlr

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 3:27:54 PM
Author: belle
i think it''s great that you found something you are happy with....that''s all that matters!! well, that and, that she says ''yes''
2.gif

best of luck to you!!!
Thanks Belle! I hope she says yes too!

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
dsmntlr---

I want to commend you for using your noodle by flying up to Portland, Oregon and saving the huge amount of California tax. the $1700 you saved can now be used to justify the price gap between Tiff and other less expensive options. good job!!

dsmntlr

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 4:13:43 PM
Author: baltneu
dsmntlr---

I want to commend you for using your noodle by flying up to Portland, Oregon and saving the huge amount of California tax. the $1700 you saved can now be used to justify the price gap between Tiff and other less expensive options. good job!!
Thanks! It was a beautiful day as well. I haven''t been to Portland in a while. Beautiful snow capped mountains, blue skies, and a sunny 50 degrees. Thanks for the post!!

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
Congrats. I am so pleased for you. You did excelent research!

I think you made a wise decision going with Tiffany. I started with a highy recommended custom designer and the custom work was terrible. We wound up getting the ring through another high-end B&M store. For the quaity assurance, customer service and peace of mind it is worth EVERY penny.

Please keep us posted.

dsmntlr

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 4:54:29 PM
Author: Sashabella
Congrats. I am so pleased for you. You did excelent research!

I think you made a wise decision going with Tiffany. I started with a highy recommended custom designer and the custom work was terrible. We wound up getting the ring through another high-end B&M store. For the quaity assurance, customer service and peace of mind it is worth EVERY penny.

Please keep us posted.
Thanks Sashabella. I appreciate hearing about your experience. I will defintiely keep you posted. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results