shape
carat
color
clarity

Destination: China

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm liking justginger's suggestion so much that i'm going to start one on China as that is perhaps/hopefully my next trip.

any and all suggestions re travel in China, things to see, things to eat [or not], etc.

will ask the moderators to move my thread in Hangout to here and hope that people will continue to provide insight.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

We're 90% sure that we are going to honeymoon in China. We found a small travel group that will be about 25 people. The group departs from NY.

Where would you be departing from? I can check with my family and friends who the popular travel orgs are nowadays.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
depart from SFO. thank you so very much for offering to check with others for recommendations!

i did find a group that is 10-16 but it is a lot of $....probably worth it though.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To give you an idea, my trip is about $4300 per person for 14 days, inclusive of travel and lodging. My group is about 20+ people. Travel includes flight to China, and travel in between cities. My co-worker did the math and said that if we had planned it ourselves, we would be paying about the same or more, so the price is reasonable. :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, there you have it. this is the tour group i'm considering:

http://www.laurustravel.com/2012-golden-route-china-tour.htm

perhaps not this tour but the tour group itself seems to fit for us. however, i've been distracted: i adopted a kitten today!

thanks for the info.....which group are you going with, if that's not too personal......

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I almost never use tours. I traveled thru China with a Lonely Planet guide book and had a lot of fun but it was cold because I was dumb enough to do it in January. I headed south to stay warm but it was still pretty chilly, found a town called Yong Show that had English signs and some could even speak English. I taught some school there just for fun.
Overall, I found the Chinese folks to be cold hearted. They gave me the impression that they had little use for Americans and basically had little hope for themselves as well. Rather sad. I still had fun though. Markets for gems and jewelry were a blast, haggle like mad, they do. I also plan to go back, some great deals there. Best regards, Lee

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good grief! its been a year now and I still haven't taken this trip........AND I adopted a one year old kitty today as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results