shape
carat
color
clarity

love the pave setting!!! any suggestion on a radiant cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

c-c

Rough_Rock
Can you guys give me some suggestion on setting a 1.5 ct radiant cut diamond? i would like to have a thin band, which is smaller than the 3mm band.( may be a 2mm?
33.gif
).
I love the pave setting, but there are so many of them! Getting confuse!
33.gif

I am looking for something that i will feel comfortable to wear everyday, and my budget is about$1000.
Thanks!
35.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Have you considered something with a pave "halo" (is that what you call it?) - ignore the fact that this is a coloured diamond, but it''s gorgeous! This one is in the "Finished Work" section of Ice Store.

yellowpaveaccents.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2005 4:5:33 AM
Author: Indecisive
This one is in the ''Finished Work'' section of Ice Store.
Hm... they list the setting for 4k or so (link).

DCD''s simpler versions come around 2k (link)

For about 1k, I wonder where else this one could be obtained. Perhaps Wink would know ? And there''s no aparent reason why a thinner versions would not be out there on some catalog. For once, the third setting on the top row HERE is made for 2 pointers and has no edges aroud the pave whoch should keep it allot thinner.The first on the second row HERE might accomodate a lower set diamond, comes with a matched w-band and seems to be either eternity or close.

Hope this helps
2.gif

c-c

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot. They look really nice. I wonder how thin they are. I have gone through a lot of website lately, but i couldn''t find anything that is thin enough. May be I should find a local store to do the setting. I am located in toronto. any suggestion? I am looking for 1.5mm band with micro pave style, or the style that is shown down there.

Again, Thanks a lot!!
35.gif

something like this but with a thinner band:

http://www.abazias.com/database/NewJewelryInfo.asp?stock=R8858

34.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2005 3:48
6.gif
PM
Author: c-c

I wonder how thin they are.
I can''t say for sure... and it is possible that the thickness be adjusted slightly as well.

About the Advar stuff you might want to ask MichaelE - I think he suggested this maker in the first place.

c-c

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I just called them, they are closed. I guess i have to call them tomorrrow then. Do you know the price on those setting? I like the one with the wedding band.
21.gif

Do you think they can sent a more clear photo to me? I can't see clearly with those pics.

BTW, Thanks!
35.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
c-c, I believe Whiteflash can make one for you, just slightly above the 1k budget. Here are pics of some of their work.

This is a member''s band, Mara. Using her pic cos her rings and hands are beautiful. heh
1.gif

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/mara%20rings%20collage%200205.JPG
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/mara%20rings%20collage%200205.JPG

Acutally , here''s the full thread....
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-wedding-sets.24556/

Then perhaps you can PM one of the members for pricing.

Good Luck!
Chris

c-c

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. so far, the cheapest that i can find on the net with the similar setting is about 881. I wonder if the price will rise if I make a request to get a thinner band like 1.5mm or less. Do you think the price will be lower since the diamond around the band will be smaller and the use of metal will be less.?
34.gif
33.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello c-c,

I think the thinnest I''ve seen or heard about is approx. 1.7 mm in thickness with 1 pt diamonds (I could be a little off here). Some people have said that if you go thinner then it won''t be structurally stable. If you are having the ring custom made then you can discuss the safest but thinnest thickness you can go. Have you tried on rings? I wanted a thin band and found that about 2mm was good for me and anything less I was nervous about breaking.

Good luck :)

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2005 3:48
6.gif
0 PM
Author: c-c
Thanks a lot. They look really nice. I wonder how thin they are. I have gone through a lot of website lately, but i couldn''t find anything that is thin enough. May be I should find a local store to do the setting. I am located in toronto. any suggestion? I am looking for 1.5mm band with micro pave style, or the style that is shown down there.

Again, Thanks a lot!!
35.gif

something like this but with a thinner band:

http://www.abazias.com/database/NewJewelryInfo.asp?stock=R8858

34.gif
I didn''t see the thickness of the ring you posted here mentioned. Did I just miss it or something?

Have you looked at the Ritani endless love rings? They are thin, but perhaps haven''t been mentioned because they might not meet your budget.

I have a Jaffe ring which is not full eternity, it is only half. It is a little over 2mm, but in white gold might meet your budget.

c-c

Rough_Rock
hello snow_happy

I have never tried on a 1.5mm band. but, i have a very small hand, and my finger are very short.( It''s more like a kids hand
15.gif
)
28.gif

I talked to several e-vendors over the phone, and I am still waiting for the reply. The WF people did say something about the stability of the metal, and finding a diamond that small enough to fit the band. I am worried. Honestly, i never seen a band that I like in that size. I just pick up the ruler and picture it then draw it out.... and decided that the size will look good on my finger.
20.gif

c-c

Rough_Rock
sorry for the double post...
25.gif

hello snow_happy

I have never tried on a 1.5mm band. but, i have a very small hand, and my finger are very short.( It's more like a kids hand
15.gif
)
28.gif

I talked to several e-vendors over the phone, and I am still waiting for the reply. The WF people did say something about the stability of the metal, and finding a diamond that small enough to fit the band. I am worried. Honestly, i never seen a band that I like in that size. I just pick up the ruler and picture it then draw it out.... and decided that the size will look good on my finger.
20.gif

hi, rms

there are no measurement on the one that I posted before. But, I have called them and they said is 2mm wide. I am start to think that may be I sould settle for a wider band.
15.gif
I have seen some post in here that someone has a 1.7mm or is it 1.8mm band. May be I sould settle for that?! What should I do?!
33.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I would first suggest that you check out this thread here. It has stuff that you seem to be interested in. f you see a ring you like, and are not sure of the widths, send a reply on the ones you like and people will certainly be happy to give you some feedback. My rings are there, Mara''s rings are there, the Ritani that I mentioned, and many other gorgeous rings are there...

It seems that SignedPieces is a company that has done quite a bit of custom work for folks...you''ll see some of their rings on that thread too.

Then, I would suggest heading out to some stores and trying some rings on. Who knows, you might find one that is wider than 2mm that you decide that you love instead. You''ll see soon enough. Looking at pics on the web is not quite the same experience as seeing them in person. No matter what though, have fun considering all your options!!

c-c

Rough_Rock
wow! i love all of them. specally the 1.7mm ritani setting
30.gif
! I think I am going to shopping this weekend for my setting!!! you are right , i have to look at the real thing first!!! wish me luck!
21.gif

I saw some people have posted about problems on getting the stone set in local store. They said something about the store sometimes will not set the stone, unless you buy the stone from them.( for some particular style) Is that true?
40.gif

BTW, thanks for the reply!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
it seems that some folks have had problems with getting their stones set, but I would not fret about it. You have so many supportive peoplle here on PS that can help with options if you are unable to find a local jeweler that you feel comfortable with.

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
CC - I am also in Toronto. Go to Birks on Bloor Street and look at the Vera Wang micro pave. I got the round one. The pave is actually UNDER the stone so you just see a rim but the centre stone is the focus. It''s really unique and would look great with a radiant. She has lots of paves. Mine has a 2mm band.

Mark Lash also has some great pave designs (www.marklash.com).

c-c

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I think i will go down to birks this weekend. Do you mind telling me how much is the vera wang ring? ( or you can pm me
1.gif
). I wonder if I can buy the vera wang setting only?!
30.gif

Thanks for the reply!!
35.gif

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
The Vera Wang ring is very expensive (G, VS1, 1.03 carat = $18,500, F with the rest of the stats the same was $20,000). They wont'' drop the stone in but they do make custom settings. The settings are quite expensive. However, go for inspiration and have someone else copy whatever you lik.

Vera Wang also doesn''t have a radiant stone.

c-c

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info!!!! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results