carat
color
clarity

Any Percussionists here? Stick question

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey All,

So DD1 is taking band this year :appl: but she's doing percussion and I have no idea what all is truly needed. So the teacher said to get: snare drum sticks, pair of staccato tipani mallets, polyball mallets, and medium yarn mallets. She also said Vic Firth or Pro Mark. :-o So, helpful PS'ers, please help me fill this list w/o emptying the bank for a child's first (maybe last?) band year. :D =)

Thanks from a flutist. :wink2: :loopy:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
My DH is a drummer, but all I remember is how fussy he is that his sticks must be oak and nylon. NOTHING else. :lol:

I'll ask him when it's not 1:35 am and get back to you. :))

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Cozystitches,

Check amazon.com and ebay. Depends on what you mean by breaking the bank, but it doesn't look like you'll have to do that. (At least not compared to what PSers spend for bling and other band students spend for instruments!)

liz

(who played percussion [snare drum, tympani, and orchestra bells] more years ago than I care to admit!)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
justginger|1376156169|3500329 said:
My DH is a drummer, but all I remember is how fussy he is that his sticks must be oak and nylon. NOTHING else. :lol:

I'll ask him when it's not 1:35 am and get back to you. :))

Thanks Ginger! :D DD1 checked amazon and said "I found the EXACT sticks I need!!!" :roll:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LibbyLA|1376161485|3500356 said:
Cozystitches,

Check amazon.com and ebay. Depends on what you mean by breaking the bank, but it doesn't look like you'll have to do that. (At least not compared to what PSers spend for bling and other band students spend for instruments!)

liz

(who played percussion [snare drum, tympani, and orchestra bells] more years ago than I care to admit!)

Hey Liz,

LOL yes, compared on what I'm willing to spend on bling, $20 sticks is CHEAP in comparison, but still... :tongue: I'll take dd1 to the local store to see prices and will probably end up at amazon...but if I can get her things for Monday that'd be best... :D

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
She's gonna be a busy kidlet if she uses snare drumsticks, two kinds of tympani mallets, and what appear to be marimba/xylophone/bell mallets all on her first day of school!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL :D She's been at school for more than a week and plays the "EX"xylophone (her pronunciation :lol: )

I went ahead and got her snare sticks and some bell mallets. We'll find out tomorrow if they're the right ones. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results