shape
carat
color
clarity

Karen Black Has Died

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karen Back, an excellent actress who starred in many films, has died. She was 74 and died from complications of cancer. She was a really interesting actress who was, in reality, educated and cerebral, although she became famous playing someone very different. In, "Nashville" where she played a country singer, she wrote and played all her own songs. Her obituary in, "The New York Times" refers back to a quotation from Time magazine. It says," 'Black brings to all her roles a freewheeling combination of raunch and winsomeness,' Time magazine wrote about her in 1975. 'Sometimes she is kittenish. At other times she has an overripe quality that makes her look like the kind of woman who gets her name tattooed on sailors.' "

I always found her beautiful and very different from other actresses. She was in, "Five Easy Pieces" with Jack Nicholson and "Easy Rider" with Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper as well as, "Nashville".

AGBF
:read:

karenblackwithnicholson.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ,

I thought you would have started a thread about this!!!

Deb

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I always enjoyed her movies. She was different. And attractive in an unusual way.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
just got home.........although I saw the notice before I left, just didn't have any time.
she was a very good actress in some very good films, actually films that were "icons" of the age.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I remember her from Trilogy of Terror with the creepy knife wielding doll! Just googled it and scared the beegesus out of myself :-o
Sad to learn of another actress famous from my childhood days gone. So many of the great ones have passed in recent years :(sad
Fantastic photo of her and Jack-back in the day he was one hunk of a man!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She was really attractive in an individual way. I liked her, too bad. HOW can she have been 74? Time rockets.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results