shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-loved Spinel finds a new home

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been remiss in posting this as I've had this for over a year now. It is a pre-loved piece from another PSer whom some of you might be able to guess who. It is a colour shift purple to lavender blue spinel of Tanzanian origin. I think it is somewhere between 1.3 to 1.5 carats. The pictures are not the best but I will make another attempt tomorrow. It is quite the sparkler outdoors but it's been horribly overcast and rainy these past few days.

lavender_blue_spinel.jpg

violet_purple_spinel.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's a very pretty spinel. I bet it really sparkles.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love the color shift. Nice buy! :appl:

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous colour on that spinel!! and nice cutting, too! Wow - it looks amazing in that setting, Chrono!! Very nice :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did she sell it in the setting? It is beautiful, and I bet that spinel is light enough to do that million color sparky thing that only spinels can do?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to Pregcurious, JewelFreak, Enerchi and Minou. It is indeed light enough to throw fireworks in the sun. Very pretty pink, lavender and blue at the same time. The spinel came with the white gold setting and she even helped me resize it before shipping it me. Nothing better than receiving a stone all ready to wear. :bigsmile:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely color, I myself is on a pinkish violet/lavender spinel search here. But it is so hard to find anything without grey. Congratulations! She has a talent searching stones.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh for goodness sake, why on earth can't I find a stone like this! I've completely given up on them! It's amazing and as you know I'm a sucker for colour shifters! :love:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!! Someday I hope to have a nice color shifter.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LE SIGH. Lucky lady!!! :love: :love: :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1359666801|3368899 said:
LD|1359655636|3368657 said:
Oh for goodness sake, why on earth can't I find a stone like this! I've completely given up on them! It's amazing and as you know I'm a sucker for colour shifters! :love:

LD, you might find this spinel attractive.http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/single/spinel/sn11344ac/

Thank you OTL but that's not a colour shifter so not for me I'm afraid - Chrono knows what I want because she now has 3 of them! Seriously that's just greedy! :D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oof! I'm glad it went to a good home! If I'd been able to scrounge up the funds at the time....More pictures please!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1359672715|3369009 said:
Oof! I'm glad it went to a good home! If I'd been able to scrounge up the funds at the time....More pictures please!

That is too funny, because I just assumed it came from you, Freke! :lol: :lol:

Really, really lovely! Chrono, since you have such an eye for these spinels, will you pretty please with sugar on top help me to find one? :praise: :saint:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1359667281|3368912 said:
OTL|1359666801|3368899 said:
LD|1359655636|3368657 said:

LD, you might find this spinel attractive.http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/single/spinel/sn11344ac/

Thank you OTL but that's not a colour shifter so not for me I'm afraid - Chrono knows what I want because she now has 3 of them! Seriously that's just greedy! :D

I think all blue hue spinel color shift a little bit. Violet/lavender/purple for example, not the pink ones. Even though it is not mentioned on multicolor, but I think it might shift a little. That aside, the bluish lavender color is already killing me.

Chrono, your new spinel kind of remind me of your Luc Yen ones. Nice to know Tanzanian spinel can do the work too.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
It was truly pre- Loved spinel indeed. I still fall in love with it's amazing color!
:love: :love:

Great find Chrono and its previous owner!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the lighter blues, purples and your spinel has amazing sparkle-even when photographed on an overcast day.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Aww, that's gorgeous <3

*stares drooling*

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous spinel!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations! this lovely spinel was really lucky to find such a home, and what a company she'll have, too! very delicate and pretty

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone!

Ha ha Freke, I thought it came from you as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1359677550|3369093 said:
I think all blue hue spinel color shift a little bit. Violet/lavender/purple for example, not the pink ones. Even though it is not mentioned on multicolor, but I think it might shift a little.

OTL,
These colour shifters are a little different from the regular blue spinels. One of my Luc Yen spinels is distinctively lavender blue to pink. The other two are lavender blue to grape purple. The shift is dramatic and complete. In addition, what makes these 3 stand apart from all my other blue spinels is that they reflect light differently. When outdoors, the facets light up into pink, purple and blue of various shades. The picture attached is of my other cc spinel to show exactly what I mean. You can clearly see all 3 colours at the same time which my regular blue spinels never exhibit.

_3437.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL,
I hear you on how difficult it is to find spinels with little to no gray.

Jereni, NKOTB, RoyalSN, LisaRN, Michelle, Laila, Arkteia and Catmom,
Thank you for the compliments. I have to admit I don't wear this one as often since I set my cobalt blue spinel into the Van Craeynest setting but can you blame me for that? :Up_to_something:

LD,
I swear I'm not greedy. :halo: Just good timing with a healthy dose of luck.

Freke,
I hope there's no hard feelings. I didn't know you were interested in it, nor that you would recognize it. ;(

Minou,
If I do find any, I'll let you know. Well, LD asked first, so I guess she'll get first notification.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the sun decided to grace me with a bit of light, I took these this afternoon although I am disheartened that my iPhone did a poor job. The colours I saw were more varied, while the pictures do not show the pink, only blue and purple. I cannot get an all purple picture because I do not have the correct light source at work.

_3444.jpg

lavender_violet.jpg

mixed_sparkle_1.jpg

mixed_sparkle_2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1359726096|3369489 said:
OTL,
I hear you on how difficult it is to find spinels with little to no gray.

Jereni, NKOTB, RoyalSN, LisaRN, Michelle, Laila, Arkteia and Catmom,
Thank you for the compliments. I have to admit I don't wear this one as often since I set my cobalt blue spinel into the Van Craeynest setting but can you blame me for that? :Up_to_something:

LD,
I swear I'm not greedy. :halo: Just good timing with a healthy dose of luck.

Freke,
I hope there's no hard feelings. I didn't know you were interested in it, nor that you would recognize it. ;(

Minou,
If I do find any, I'll let you know. Well, LD asked first, so I guess she'll get first notification.

You know what, Sweetie? I'm a big believer in Karma (think you know that already). I have no problem taking a back seat to Ms. LD! I will patiently wait :saint: while you search high and low, lol! Actually, I have a feeling that LD's size requirements might be different than mine. That girl has deeper pockets than me and no qualms about real statement pieces (in a good way)! :bigsmile:

Now I don't want to take up too much more of your time so you can carry on with the search... :praise: :read: :bigsmile:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I feel like a little kid: I want, I want, I want! :appl:

Lord, the kitchen is being updated with new cabs and counters and induction cook top and I'm still enjoying the morning on PS!!!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I love this ring! If you ever plan on selling it or the oval spinel ring please let me know. Just Gorgeous!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IGL,
I'm very sure there's a long invisible line for this spinel and my oval. You'll have to grab a numbered ticket and wait in line. :lol: My oval is currently with ERD, getting set. I can't wait to be able to wear that one!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait for you to get it too! Maybe one day I'll find one too! I had that luc yen spinel with me from tgt but it was too light on me. These look really vivid. If you know of more, please let me know.

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Love!! So pretty!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results