shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Coupon Thread

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I hope it's ok if we start this as an official coupon queen thread! I just took couponing back up, we need to SAVE. I'm also doing as many freebies as I can find. This past week:
Saturday - Free quart of paint at Ace Hardware (for a bench we are going to make outside)
Sunday - Spent 15 at CVS oop saved 54, got four bottles body wash, two things deodorant, whitening toothpaste, 2 mouth wash, tooth brush, 2 bottles vitamin b12, one arizona tea and a bar of soap. At Walgreens I got 2 four packs of bic pens normally 3.99 a pack.
Today - spent 35 and saved 71 at publix. 4 boxes honey bunches of oats, 4 boxes velveeta skillet family sized meals 1 skillet single meal, 2 bags starburst candies, 2 bags orville ridenbacher ready to eat popcorn, 1 bottle potassium vitamin and 1 bottle magnesium and calcium vitamin, 2 herbal essences, 2 bottles oj, 10 muller greek yogurt, 10 campbells condensed soups (a few chicken with pasta or rice for sick days and several for cooking), 2 mentos gum, 2 peaches, 2 boxes barilla whole grain pasta. So some healthy choices, some not as healthy. I try to eat healthy but we are having to budget so we can renovate and add fencing so we'll sacrifice a bit. But I was so excited!

Who else does this? Let's share deals/match ups and sources!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I don't think I've saved $71 using coupons before! That's rather impressive...

Some ways I save: I log into the two main grocery stores I shop at and upload e-coupons to my membership cards. One store updates on Sun and the other is on Tues, so I click on every coupon I might possibly use and then shop as I normally do and buy items on sale and stock up. I recall saving $20-something in one shopping trip. Also, one of the stores does e-coupons for produce so I'll get $3 off a $10 purchase of fruit/veggies.

I also always use ebates for small refunds and check prices on Amazon. The protein powder I was using was $25-30 and then my local store quit selling it and I checked and it is only $11 w/Amazon prime, plus I logged onto ebates for savings.

One other thing...those coupons that print out at the cash register that some stores give out are manufacturer coupons so even if it says Safeway (or whichever store) on the side, on the top it says manufacturer it can be used at any store. Also, I've found that Target has great prices on a lot of natural snack foods...the stuff my kids like in their lunches can be found there for less.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm a big fan of southernsavers.com and have written about them before on PS. They tell you what every major grocery store has on sale that week and it will also link you to coupons.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How did you save $71 at Publix?? That's a lot of $$!! Did you use vendor coupons combined with store sales? That's what I usually do, but we don't buy much in the way of prepared food (and the items we do buy almost never have vendor coupons...like Eggo waffles, Newman's mango salsa)....I rarely save more than I spend though...please share your secret!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Yenny I just picked up whole wheat eggos waffles this morning for about .85 cents for a box of 16!!!!

S

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hugh on couponing...my biggest issue is I love in a rural area and I have to drive at 30 mins to get to any major stores, so I only go to a couple of them, but I do use my coupon's and my electronic coupon's last week I spent $45 at Meijers but I saved $42 :appl: I try to stay on a budget of $150 a week for 4 people (3 men and me ugh) so far I do a pretty darn good job of it, but it is alot of work as a matter of fact I need to get off here and head to the store...I try and do my shopping on Friday mornings

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1375990724|3499179 said:
How did you save $71 at Publix?? That's a lot of $$!! Did you use vendor coupons combined with store sales? That's what I usually do, but we don't buy much in the way of prepared food (and the items we do buy almost never have vendor coupons...like Eggo waffles, Newman's mango salsa)....I rarely save more than I spend though...please share your secret!!

Yenny - I combine coupons with sales, and sometimes I can pile a sale with a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon, which happened with several deals this time. If you watch online you can usually find eggo and newman's own, check the vendor websites as well or even ask them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results