shape
carat
color
clarity

Round 7.5 mm pink/purple tourmaline with halo setting

Maevemarie

Rough_Rock
So, I recently upgraded my engagement ring setting and I kept the previous setting and placed a 7.5 pink/purple tourmaline bezel set stone and made it a right hand ring. Thank you for all of those who gave me advice on what stone I could/should place! I was hesitant to add much color at all, but like that this colored stone matches my personality. I'm not sure of all the specs on the original setting but it has a very pretty design on the side and totals 0.92 carats. I'm happy that I kept the original e-ring setting for a minimal fee with the new stone, bezel set, and change in size. Finger size is 5.5. Sorry for the not so great pics! This is my first colored stone and hopefully the start of a small collection???

ring_from_above.jpg

ring_angled.jpg

not_on_hand.jpg

side_ring.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful what you ask/wish for because once you start down this slippery road of coloured stones, it is never-ending. :lol: Fantastic setting and the tourmaline looks at home in it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on successfully recycling your setting! I am trying to do the same and know how difficult it can be to find the right stone.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a setting! The stone looks good on you!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a setting! The stone looks good on you!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh it is gorgeous! I love it!

Maevemarie

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! I loved my original setting but it didn't fit my diamond well and it is a bit too high for my everyday wear. I'm excited to wear It now and am happy I chose a bezel setting :appl:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It looks awesome! I have a 7.5mm pink tourmaline too and I keep thinking how great it would look in a halo, if only I could afford it...

Maevemarie

Rough_Rock
Kelli|1375884705|3498214 said:
It looks awesome! I have a 7.5mm pink tourmaline too and I keep thinking how great it would look in a halo, if only I could afford it...

Maybe you could find a second hand one to make it's home in! I was hoping to swap out this setting for my new one, but I would have lost a lot of money. I am now a strong believer that jewelry is also a great heirloom to pass down!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results