shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Tanzanite Girl!

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
Tanzanite Girl (I think that is your user name??) I was wondering if you could share the dimensions of your tanzanite ring? You might remember me....and I am still wanting to procure a lovely tanzanite RHR similar to yours so wondering if you could share your ring size and the dimensions of the ring. Thank you!! :)

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Yes, the ring in my avatar? It's a 3.98 carat cushion-cut tanzanite and I think it is 9 x 9 x ...? My ring size is a 5. The halo has tiny point-diamond melee around it. Is that the kind of information you're looking for?

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
Yes it is, thank you! I just wanted to know the millimeter dimensions. I appreciate you responding so fast!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sure! Happy to do it. It's 9x9mm but I can't remember the depth. It is deep though, you can see by how high the stone sits up in the ring. Thanks for your interest in it. I could talk about Tanzanites all day!

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
This might be a silly question, but Tanz girl, do you know how many millimeters across your finger is? The reason I ask is because I think the finger coverage that that ring gives you is just what I'm looking for, but my finger is smaller than yours (I'd probably wear this on my right hand ring finger which is about a 4). Again, this is probably a silly, obvious question, but would the best way for me to determine what mm length stone to get would be to simply try to measure the width of my finger and then go from there? How many mm is your delicate halo?

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock
Perfect, thanks Molly!!!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how wide across in mm my finger is. I wear my tanzanite ring on my right hand ring finger though. I'd guess the halo is about 1mm wide (it's super narrow). In lieu of exact measurements, though, I have attached a few more photos. As you can see, even after having it resized down, I still have to have sizing beads in it. I think it was originally a size 7 but on that super narrow wire-link shank, even the 5 was too loose on me.

photo_301.jpg

photo_302.jpg

photo_303.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an incredible ring! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results