shape
carat
color
clarity

How has your weight fluctuated during your marriage or LTR?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: How has your weight fluctuated during your marriage or L

When I met my husband was right after the most unhappy time of my life, and I onły weighed 95 lbs (admittedly way too skinny - the lightest I had weighed since I was 10 or 11). Now I am between 120-125, trying to get to 110. I weighed 115 all throughout high school, and 110 through most of college. My husband is a great cook but not really a healthy cook, and transitioning from college where I walked everywhere to a sedentary work life both contribute to my current weight. I am a size 4, so not very large objectively, but it is still the largest I have ever been and I am uncomfortable with that. My mom is in her sixties and weighs about 135 or 140, I think, though different weight distribution somehow makes her size 12 though we look basically the same size. Idgi, but whatever.

My husband has gained about 5 lbs total since we met. He feels like he has gained 30, but that is only because he didn't own a scale until I moved in, so his perception was that his weight was what he weighed 5 years previous! No chance of our weight converging though since he is six and a half feet tall and very solidly built, and I am 5'3" and trend more toward tiny but curvy.

justginger

Ideal_Rock

Like distracts, I was in a terrible place when I met DH. He actually told a mutual friend that he wasn't sure he felt comfortable dating me because I was simply too little ("fragile, like a bird" he said). I was probably around 92 pounds?

Since we started dating, and then got married, I'm back to my normal adult weight of about 102 +/- a couple of pounds. The stress of returning to uni last month, and the hectic pace of life in general, caused my weight to take a dive again though. I was about 93 lbs when exams finished in June. Back up to 101 now, just in time to start the next semester. :rolleyes:

I obviously gain and lost weight easily, regularly, and without trying. I often just get too busy or preoccupied with other matters to eat. There have been entire days that have passed that I don't realise I haven't eaten more than a granola bar all day. It's a bad way to be, and I'm going to make an effort to be more food-oriented this semester!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think I had a scale before we were married, but considering all things, I probably weigh between 12 and 15 pounds more than I did on my wedding day. I have had times of fluctuation, which would include two pregnancies and a couple instances when a medication caused weight gain. The past few years I've been fairly consistent with exercise and eating decently, though I'm hardly militant about it :wink2: My weight and BMI are within the healthy ranges for my height. All in all, after 24 years of marriage, I think I'm doing an okay job in this area.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I weigh about five pounds more than I did when we met seven years ago. I have a ton more muscle now though since I am training for triathlons. He used to be a smoker and weighed in over 200lbs but now is around 175, not a smoker, and also does triathlons and in the best shape of his life.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Oh yes I'm away up. When we first got together I was probably around 160lbs, but then lost 30lbs once I graduated....call it the starving just graduated from college must pay back loan diet. I litterally lived off $3 a day. Anyhow I loved being at 130lbs but now that I'm done with children I'm back at 155lbs and having lots of trouble getting the rest of the weight off. For someone with my build and height I think 130lbs was too light for me. I felt exhausted all the time. I think 145lbs is much healthier for me.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

SB621|1375530727|3495863 said:
Oh yes I'm away up. When we first got together I was probably around 160lbs, but then lost 30lbs once I graduated....call it the starving just graduated from college must pay back loan diet. I litterally lived off $3 a day. Anyhow I loved being at 130lbs but now that I'm done with children I'm back at 155lbs and having lots of trouble getting the rest of the weight off. For someone with my build and height I think 130lbs was too light for me. I felt exhausted all the time. I think 145lbs is much healthier for me.

Those are pretty much my weights right now. I'm 5'7"/5'8" and I'm currently 160 (ish lol) but have been as low as 140. 140 looked great but maintaining it was totally unrealistic. I was working my ass off at the time and didn't have time to eat. I think I'd be really happy with 150 but I've been traveling a lot lately so it just keeps creeping up and up and up because I eat out so often.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

justginger|1375521400|3495840 said:
Like distracts, I was in a terrible place when I met DH. He actually told a mutual friend that he wasn't sure he felt comfortable dating me because I was simply too little ("fragile, like a bird" he said). I was probably around 92 pounds?

My left a$$ check alone weighs 92 pounds. :lol:

I weighed much less and was in far better shape when I got divorced than when I got married 10 years earlier. In general though, my weight (and fitness) are not at all related to my relationship status and/or my happiness in a relationship.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay|1375552146|3496001 said:
justginger|1375521400|3495840 said:

My left a$$ check alone weighs 92 pounds. :lol:

I weighed much less and was in far better shape when I got divorced than when I got married 10 years earlier. In general though, my weight (and fitness) are not at all related to my relationship status and/or my happiness in a relationship.

:lol:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My weight has been all over the place. I now weigh the same as when we got married but was much heavier during a lot of our marriage. I had a terrible time losing the weight gained from my one pregnancy - took me 14 years and I breastfed for the first two of them :lol: ! I had plenty of weight fluctuations before my 24 year marriage as well. I don't agree with the idea that content & happy means extra weight. I tend to gain weight when I'm stressed and anxious and I'm able to slim down and maintain when feeling fulfilled.

DH weighs about 10 pounds more than when we got married but he's been at the same weight for probably 18 years.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

No weight changes other than with pregnancy--dropped any post partum pounds quickly. I have been thin, fit and muscular all my life and hope to stay that way until the end...although I am a stress noneater and drop weight easily under those conditions. My DH is around 5 pounds heavier than when we met and married.

cheers--Sharon

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock

I have lost about 10 pounds in the 5 years I have been with my DH. He has gained about 25-30. I guess I am a good cook!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

When we got together 3 years ago, I was at my skinniest in my twenties at around 119. It wasn't that fabulous on my and my tush was smaller than I liked. My ideal weight is around 125-128 and I actually weighed about 128 when we got married. I'm currently almost 18 weeks pregnant and weigh 133. The hubs stopped drinking when we got together and probably lost about 5-8lbs and is now super lean and fit. I'm happy with where we are and as long as I feel good, the number on the scale doesn't really bother me.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

We were both in HS when we started dating, 17 years ago. By the time we got married 12 years ago I was 10 pounds heavier (college did a number on my eating habbits!) but DH was the same as always. Now 12 years of marriage and 1 child later, I'm 5 pounds more than HS and 5 pounds less than when we got married. DH is 5 pounds heavier. That amount of weight doesn't look all that different physically, so we basically look the same as we always have, just older!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

The only fluctuations are due to the two pregnancies. I gained 30 lbs and 34 lbs. The weight just came off with BFing after DD in 8 weeks. With DS, the weight stayed for longer and I didn't lose everything until he weaned at almost a year old. Other than that, I am had been +/- 2 to 3 lbs from the time I met DH. I think I may be in better shape than I was before.

DH's weight fluctuated more. His highest and his lowest weight is a 40 lbs different. He had been maintaining at the low end for the past year or so.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

jaysonsmom|1375488803|3495656 said:
Thanks, I'm not unhappy with my current weight. I went from being slim to now being in the "ideal weight" range for my height so, I'm okay with my 10 lb weight gain. Dh used to be muscular and BUILT, now he's atrophied because he said he's too busy playing chauffeur to my 2 kids to work out, so he becomes shrivelled skinny Asian man. I just don't want to look too much bigger than him :(

When I was in HS, I always felt like I was bigger than the Asian guys. In my mind, I was HUGE.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

qtiekiki|1375743238|3497216 said:
jaysonsmom|1375488803|3495656 said:
Thanks, I'm not unhappy with my current weight. I went from being slim to now being in the "ideal weight" range for my height so, I'm okay with my 10 lb weight gain. Dh used to be muscular and BUILT, now he's atrophied because he said he's too busy playing chauffeur to my 2 kids to work out, so he becomes shrivelled skinny Asian man. I just don't want to look too much bigger than him :(

When I was in HS, I always felt like I was bigger than the Asian guys. In my mind, I was HUGE.

My high school boyfriend was a wrestler. During the year, we were the same weight (about 145), but during wrestling season, he would starve himself down to 119. 119!!!!! I felt really uncomfortable about the difference and he was the last guy I ever dated that was smaller than me. My husband now is 10 inches taller than me and about 90 pounds more. I like that buffer!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My weight increased severely during pregnancy but I always dieted like crazy after to get back to my preferred size.

I'm 35, have 3 kids and fit into my clothes from 10 years ago when I met DH. People ask me how I stay slim. My answer is - vanity!! lol

Anne

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I am 24 weeks pregnant right now and weigh about 142 lbs but before getting pregnant, I weighed 128, which was about the same as when we started dating 8 years ago. At our wedding 2 years ago, I was about 5-6 lbs less and I think I was too thin. But overall, I've pretty much fluctuated just a few lbs here and there. We'll see if that remains the case after I have this baby :rolleyes: DH probably weighed about 190 when we started dating, then went down to about 165 because of the very physical job he was working at, and now he's just perfect at 178 lbs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results