shape
carat
color
clarity

My burberry flats!! Can it be repaired? HELP! :(

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I have a pair of BB flats that I HOPE can be repaired.
Actually it's just one of the flats.
They are the ones with the elastic in the back.
I just noticed that one lost it's stretchiness!! :(
I was feeling the endges and noticed that the elastic is on the inside, so I was wondering if anyone knew if this could be repaired by a cobbler? ;(

See photo attached... it's the one on the right..

_8401.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there an elastic band or something that is sewn in? If the leather itself is stretched, I don't think a cobbler can do anything about that. You should probably call around and ask if they can do anything about the elastic. I had taken my wallet into Nordstrom after I ripped it and the gal said that part could be fixed but the stretched out part (due to shoving too many cards in one credit card pouch) couldn't.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure a cobbler could fix it. They'd need to open up the seam where the elastic is and replace it. Ask around and maybe even call your local Burberry store to get recommendations for a good cobbler.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
I has elastic on the inside, it's not the leather.
It was fine this morning, so I think the elastic inside snapped :(
It seems to go all the way around (see the shoe on the left)
After the elastic snapped on the right one, the entire opening just opened really wide ( I hope I explained that well, lol).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nyc2chigal|1375292562|3493806 said:
After the elastic snapped on the right one, the entire opening just opened really wide ( I hope I explained that well, lol).

If it's the elastic, then they should be able to be fixed but depending upon where the break is, the shoes might need to be partically taken apart...the seam might need to be taken apart. I would for sure call the Burberry store and see what they suggest. It may be a quick fix or re-sewing the shoe. I have absolutely NO experience with this though...I'm just basing my thoughts on when I've had to weave strings through hoodies when they end up half way pulled out (sometimes it's easy, based on the location, and sometimes it takes me 15 minutes and frustration - also when ties have mislocated in elastic ties in pj pants - having to weave them back through...

Best of luck.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1375293451|3493826 said:

If it's the elastic, then they should be able to be fixed but depending upon where the break is, the shoes might need to be partically taken apart...the seam might need to be taken apart. I would for sure call the Burberry store and see what they suggest. It may be a quick fix or re-sewing the shoe. I have absolutely NO experience with this though...I'm just basing my thoughts on when I've had to weave strings through hoodies when they end up half way pulled out (sometimes it's easy, based on the location, and sometimes it takes me 15 minutes and frustration - also when ties have mislocated in elastic ties in pj pants - having to weave them back through...

Best of luck.

NYC, this won't help you very much I'm afraid, but just juming in to say *MC* you know about using a safety pin to do this more easily, yes?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go through Burberry. They should stand behind their products as they are really expensive. I have a Burberry coat, and I was told that they would always repair any defects, etc...

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice!
But what if I didn't get them directly from Burberry?
I got these from a department store in another state!

Do you think Burberry would still look at them despite where they were purchased?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nyc2chigal|1375390887|3494786 said:
Thanks for the advice!

Do you think Burberry would still look at them despite where they were purchased?

absolutely! They should stand by their product. When I had a pair of frye boots lose a button, I contacted them directly even though I had purchased them from another store. They replaced the boots! I am SURE burberry has similar policies. Try calling them!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nyc2chigal|1375390887|3494786 said:
Thanks for the advice!

Which department store? High end department stores like Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms will also always stand by their products. You can either contact Burberry directly or contact the store you purchased from.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would bring it to Burberry. I have a pair of Burberry earmuffs and the seam popped on them. I bought them at Bloomingdales and when I took them back they told me to bring them to Burberry. I did and they repaired them for $20 and shipped them back to me within a few weeks.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your help!! :wavey:
I am actually heading to downtown Chicago this weekend, and it just so happens that there is a Burberry store on Michigan Ave!
I'll bring the flats with me and see what they can do! *crossing my fingers*

I will keep you updated!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1375296609|3493871 said:
MC|1375293451|3493826 said:

Best of luck.

NYC, this won't help you very much I'm afraid, but just juming in to say *MC* you know about using a safety pin to do this more easily, yes?

For elastic or ties on pj pants, etc., yes but not the shoes. I don't know anything about shoes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results