shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful Flower Diamond Earrings

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Hi, back in May in my hometown I saw these amazing diamond flower drop earrings but they're $2.2k equivalent. I asked them to send me some photos, but they did so in a PDF! Usually people send photos in a jpeg.

I think they're quite similar to these earrings that the Duchess of Cambridge was given, but with rounds instead of baguettes in the middle: https://www.pricescope.com/files/images/kate-middleton-s-earring-pic-pa-137271423.jpg

I know this is an awful cheek because it's so inconvenient, but if anyone can be bothered to actually open this PDF and have a look at the two photos, I'd be very interested to know what you think. Apparently they''re 0.86, G, VVS2.

I tried to extract the photos from the PDF but I couldn't do it. So annoying, and I'm sorry!

Attachments

• diamond_6.pdf
    402 KB · Views: 268

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1375373087|3494570 said:
Hi, back in May in my hometown I saw these amazing diamond flower drop earrings but they're $2.2k equivalent. I asked them to send me some photos, but they did so in a PDF! Usually people send photos in a jpeg.

I think they're quite similar to these earrings that the Duchess of Cambridge was given, but with rounds instead of baguettes in the middle: https://www.pricescope.com/files/images/kate-middleton-s-earring-pic-pa-137271423.jpg

I know this is an awful cheek because it's so inconvenient, but if anyone can be bothered to actually open this PDF and have a look at the two photos, I'd be very interested to know what you think. Apparently they''re 0.86, G, VVS2.

I tried to extract the photos from the PDF but I couldn't do it. So annoying, and I'm sorry!

They're adorable! I can't tell anything about the diamonds themselves but the design is super cute ::)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the design!

Can't say anything about the diamonds from those pictures. How did they look to you in person?

ETA: Before you decide to buy them or not, can you get another look at them? If they can't get better pictures would they ship them to you to look at before finalizing purchase?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the design! I can see myself wearing something like this, very pretty!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks so much for looking!

The store said I could buy them over the phone and pick them up at Christmas when I go home. They're in the UK and I'm in America! So I could do that, but I haven't tried them on - only saw them in the window back in May and don't remember them that well, I just remember that I thought they were amazing.

It's basically a choice between getting these for - well, with card fee it would be about $2300 - or getting more inexpensive earrings to wear everyday that go really well with the rest of my jewellery: http://www.bluenile.com/bezel-diamond-earrings-white-gold_4888

I think the flowers are amazing, but I'm not sure where I'd ever wear them. I also think they're a good price (1495.00 pounds).

I should decide, because the BN sale only runs until tomorrow.

Alternatively, I could forget both of them for the moment and revisit them at Christmas. I could save up, and take my chances with the BN December sale as the round drops might be further discounted then. Or I could spread the pain and get the BN drops now.

And I could just see if these flower earrings are still available when I go home in December. If they are, maybe it's meant to be. Or maybe I decide they're just too expensive for someone who wears casual clothes 99% of the time.

Can you tell I'm a Libra? Flip-flop! :D Thanks for putting up with me and giving me advice!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The flowers are adorable, the BNs are... utilitarian.
By comparison.
My objective opinion, obviously :rodent:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The flower earrings are really pretty but also VERY dressy. If you can't think of any time you'd wear them right off the bat, then, maybe the BN would be better? Can you see yourself wearing the BN ones on a regular basis? I'd go with what you'd get more wear out of.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Smith, the flower earrings are really lovely. Could you have a jeweler make the drops detachable so you could wear them both ways? A tiny ring on the chain, through which you could insert the posts, should do it. You'd get more use from them. I'd pick them over the others in a New York minute.

To be honest, I think the BN drops look....insignificant. I think if you take a little time & look around, you can do much better; there's very little style to them. But, if they turn YOU on, that's the important thing.

--- Laurie

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Here ya go :sun:

Also, I love JewelFreak's idea. I vote for pear detachable drops. The BN ones look too simple and these floral ones too dressy. I do like the DBL ones as well.

_8427.jpg

_8428.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SO much for everyone's opinions! It's difficult...am going to go to the gym and think about it whilst on the elliptical. Doing something mindless sometimes helps you decide!

Yes, the flower drops are amazing, but they ARE both expensive and dressy, and I'm not dressy. I know the BN drops look insignificant by comparison, but they would highlight my DBTY collection very well, and I'd get a ton of everyday wear out of them. A lot of my jewellery is very small, as it suits me better than larger things, I think. But it would really be something to possess those flower drops!

I do also have the option of getting neither right now, of course, and just saving my money! The BN sale ends tonight, but there will, of course, be other sales.

RUBY - thanks SO much for extracting the photos! How on earth did you do it - will you share? Clever you!

Jewelfreak - thanks for the idea about making the drops detachable. I'm not sure I'd wear the diamond flower studs alone, though...I think they look a bit old-fashioned as studs. That's why I don't like the design of sapphire studs surrounded by a diamond halo. I find it a bit Eighties. No offence to anyone's jewellery box - it's just my humble opinion!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1375378409|3494639 said:
Very pretty, but I think you'd get more wear out of the simpler BN double drops.

ETA - my personal pick for everyday diamond drops would be DBL's simple drops:
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...round-brilliant-diamond-dangle-earrings-r5120 - set with a pair of J-K-L diamonds. BUT - the BN double drops would be great with your DBTY necklace.

VR Beauty - I've seen those drops as well. They're really pretty. I don't like French wire though as I've lost some beautiful earrings that way :((

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1375392649|3494805 said:
Very pretty, but I think you'd get more wear out of the simpler BN double drops.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...round-brilliant-diamond-dangle-earrings-r5120 - set with a pair of J-K-L diamonds. BUT - the BN double drops would be great with your DBTY necklace.

VR Beauty - I've seen those drops as well. They're really pretty. I don't like French wire though as I've lost some beautiful earrings that way :((

After losing a couple of earrings with french wires- I bought those little clear thingies that you put up the wire to keep the earring in place. I love the ease of french hooks as I don't care for stud type backs so this solved the problem for me!!! Love the DBL earrings!!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Smith, really easy. I just opened the pdf and hit printscreen. Then I pasted in MS Paint, cropped, renamed and saved as jpegs on desktop. Then I uploaded in usual way :))

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1375399138|3494876 said:
Smith1942|1375392649|3494805 said:

After losing a couple of earrings with french wires- I bought those little clear thingies that you put up the wire to keep the earring in place. I love the ease of french hooks as I don't care for stud type backs so this solved the problem for me!!! Love the DBL earrings!!

Yep, you can buy the clear little thingies on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/144PCS-Rubber-Bullet-Clutch-Earring/dp/B004ZNU1OI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375417836&sr=8-1&keywords=earring+backs+rubber

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Flower earrings, hands down. :razz: You'll just have to get used to the sparkle.
I love the suggestion of making the drops adjustable...maybe you can get someone to do that for you at the store?

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I've been curious about the BN drops for the last 18 months, so I ordered them last night to finally see them. I don't have to keep them. But either I'll love them, or I won't, in which case they can be struck off the list. The BN sale ended yesterday, so I decided to bite the bullet knowing I can always return them. They won't be here until Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Thanks for everyone's advice...the diamond flowers are indeed incredible - good price, too, I believe - but they are about $2,300 - much more than the BN ones. But just the thought of owning those flower earrings....wow...

I'm very decisive, aren't I!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results